The Arbroath Thread

The QP highlights are not for those of a nervous disposition. Both Teale and Boruc clearly struggling without an experienced central defender in the second half. I can’t believe ToB is out with a hand injury. I heard that it might be his season over. Really?

26 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The QP highlights are not for those of a nervous disposition. Both Teale and Boruc clearly struggling without an experienced central defender in the second half. I can’t believe ToB is out with a hand injury. I heard that it might be his season over. Really?

Screenshot_20240228_122129_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.f7f5d0e57b509aea9da26b639f59cecc.jpg

Sorry, I’ll rephrase. I absolutely believe that ToB has a hand injury. I’m just astonished that it’s stopping him from playing and might end his season. When do we get a change of luck?

Edited by timlichtie

It's been a blast in the Championship but it's reality check time now guys and gals. Apart from 1 season, we have always been bottom half and survival has been a success, but relegation was always going to happen at some time. 

Looking ahead, we need to be challenging for the title next season. Financially we will probably take a hit but JMac should be able to put together a side challenging at the top of Lg1.

If not it's back to the manager revolving office door again. 

3 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Just saw the goals and that is not even schoolboy defending. Total embarrassment. 🤬

Finally forced myself to watch the high/lowlights and it was indeed a horrendous defensive display. Personally don't like playing a high line at the back and when it goes wrong it looks awful especially against a team like QP. If we are gonna play our defence like this consistently our players are gonna have to be far better drilled than last night, they looked lost with what they were doing.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

When we get relegated, we need to empty McIntyre.  Not necessarily a reflection on him, but I think we'll need a fresh face in to give everyone a new perspective.

You know that won't happen.

Just look at the comments from other fans when we appointed McIntyre. Players end up hating him and he has that reputation in the game now. He has to now scour further afield like Ireland for players who don't know of him.

This suits certain members of the board as those players need somewhere to live.

54 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

When we get relegated, we need to empty McIntyre.  Not necessarily a reflection on him, but I think we'll need a fresh face in to give everyone a new perspective.

You definitely need to bin him , apart from success at Ross co , he’s been a complete failure at every other club he’s been at , I was totally shocked when he got the job at Gayfield, I honestly thought he was finished and no one else would touch him after Cove , he’d apparently went back to being a personal trainer to a load of grannies , that’s where he belongs , don’t know who would be a good fit now though , possibly someone with a good Arbroath connection 

19 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

You definitely need to bin him , apart from success at Ross co , he’s been a complete failure at every other club he’s been at , I was totally shocked when he got the job at Gayfield, I honestly thought he was finished and no one else would touch him after Cove , he’d apparently went back to being a personal trainer to a load of grannies , that’s where he belongs , don’t know who would be a good fit now though , possibly someone with a good Arbroath connection 

Another Dundee fan haverin' shite again.

Shock horror.

That keeper looks like he's never played before. Obviously the defending is terrible but he completely sells himself for the 1st and the 6th. The 4th his positioning is hopeless and leaves the goal empty, and the 5th is calamitous.

He's mastered the art of waving his arms around at everyone else though in that kind of 'what am I playing with?!' type way, unfortunately for him he appears to be at the same level as the rest of them.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

3 hours ago, relichtie said:

Just saw the goals and that is not even schoolboy defending. Total embarrassment. 🤬

Jesus that was bad , what got me was the total lack of any real reaction or passion conceding, like the life has been sucked out of them all. Dire

19 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That keeper looks like he's never played before. Obviously the defending is terrible but he completely sells himself for the 1st and the 6th. The 4th his positioning is hopeless and leaves the goal empty, and the 5th is calamitous.

Still, better than Ali Adams, according to some of our fans. 

Aye boruc has a part to play in 4 goals at least id say. His positioning for 2 especially are embarrassing for a keeper of his calibre. I get why he plays but Gaston needs to come back in with us dropping our defensive line to accommodate that no pace and poor sweeping from previous games imo. Many others are at fault for goals to with too many to mention but little and walker both had few parts to play in them. All round so so so poor defensively. 

moving forward I’d go 

Gaston 

Stewart teale tob hammy

gold slater 

Dow McKenna reilly

bird/LM9

only other starters would be Delaney, Lyon, norey where you accomdate them who knows. Obviously Murray McKinnon play in squad too 

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

No, its not about that.  Settle down.  Its just simply that when a team gets relegated after such a miserable season, you need a fresh start, someone who is coming in without any of the baggage of the previous season.  The Dundee fans on here are embarrassing themselves.

18 minutes ago, kentish said:

Jesus that was bad , what got me was the total lack of any real reaction or passion conceding, like the life has been sucked out of them all. Dire

Sunday pub league teams would be embarrassed by the 3 2nd half goals. (2 straight from there goalkeepers kickouts) Pumped 6.0 and only one Arbroath booking. Think that tells you something about the passion and commitment.

4 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

Sunday pub league teams would be embarrassed by the 3 2nd half goals. (2 straight from there goalkeepers kickouts) Pumped 6.0 and only one Arbroath booking. Think that tells you something about the passion and commitment.

Aye, nothing like showing you care by picking up a suspension when the game is already dead and buried.