The Arbroath Thread

51 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

As an aside - I notice in the Stirling 1 Alloa 5 game today that Donnelly was an unused sub for Alloa and Hilson was subbed off for Greg Spence for Albion.

These are guys that have found their level yet Donnelly and Hilson were overly used by Campbell last season and the season before. Simply not good enough for the Championship and barely good enough for L1. Today is the result of 2 years of poor signings and over reliance on sub standard players…. As well as poor managerial decisions of course.

Is that the same Donnelly, who only played 1 game for us last season? Overused is a strange thing to say, given that he spent most of the season at Alloa.

Also, the same guy whos just come back after being injured for the past 8 months.

Same guy who plays centre midfield for Alloa? I know he was used as a lone striker, or out on the left wing with us.

Yes he played a big part in the so called big season of nearly being promoted, hard to say he was part of this relegation given he has been away for pretty much two years. 

Think his second last game was that night in Kilmarnock, so how he is at fault for anything is odd.

As for Hilson, he has spent all of this season at Stirling Albion, and again, it is pretty difficult to say that he can take any blame for the relegation, as when these guys played for the club, we were not relegated. 

I know you always had a little hard on for either of those guys, whether they were on the park or not, they were blamed, i seemed to recall you mouthing off about one of them, even though they were an unused sub haha

Whether they have found their level or not, or whether you understand whats going on in depth with their careers, they will be in the same league as us next year, so this whole " were on another level " when we are pretty much down seems  very bizzare statement to make.

Whether you liked or rated those guys, or anyone else is down to your personal preference, but blaming folks who are not even players at the club in the season we went down is clutching at straws really.

Next up Todd Lumsden will somehow be to blame 

4 hours ago, lichtiemike said:

Think Campbell needs a mention just now, outstayed his welcome and we’ve paid the price for that. 

Totally agree, but he shouldn't have been given the choice. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You're the most relegated not mathematically relegated team in the history of the sport. 

It's actually arithmetically, but yeah, good point 

If there is a clause for us to be able to terminate the contract upon relegation that's perfect......

Unless there is some sort of absolutely miracle we are relegated......so surely if he knows the inevitable is gonna happen shouldn't he should just go? Or is he that stubborn... 

If he isnt gonna do it off his own back I beg the club to make it happen, give us a fighting change to keep the core of our team and start prepping for next season now, 

And get someone to give the fans some to be positive about and look forward to for the next home game

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Is that the same Donnelly, who only played 1 game for us last season? Overused is a strange thing to say, given that he spent most of the season at Alloa.

Also, the same guy whos just come back after being injured for the past 8 months.

Same guy who plays centre midfield for Alloa? I know he was used as a lone striker, or out on the left wing with us.

Yes he played a big part in the so called big season of nearly being promoted, hard to say he was part of this relegation given he has been away for pretty much two years. 

Think his second last game was that night in Kilmarnock, so how he is at fault for anything is odd.

As for Hilson, he has spent all of this season at Stirling Albion, and again, it is pretty difficult to say that he can take any blame for the relegation, as when these guys played for the club, we were not relegated. 

I know you always had a little hard on for either of those guys, whether they were on the park or not, they were blamed, i seemed to recall you mouthing off about one of them, even though they were an unused sub haha

Whether they have found their level or not, or whether you understand whats going on in depth with their careers, they will be in the same league as us next year, so this whole " were on another level " when we are pretty much down seems  very bizzare statement to make.

Whether you liked or rated those guys, or anyone else is down to your personal preference, but blaming folks who are not even players at the club in the season we went down is clutching at straws really.

Next up Todd Lumsden will somehow be to blame 

They were poor for us though. Not championship players. Nothing to do with our relegation, obviously. 

4 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Not till next week 

Agree with this, probably have someone else in place for the two home games, although he should have been sacked tonight 

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

f**k off.

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Away and bale oot the swamp

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do you not have a pitch to be swimming in?

Want It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

8 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Careful you don't bottle that top 6 finish, cos that would be a complete tragedy 

I'd be devastated. :lol:

Oh well, it's  been a great adventure the last 5 seasons in the championship, the best time ever to be a Lichtie supporter. Reset and go again.

18 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Heartening to see the McKenna POTM landslide. 

It is, but regretfully will it be enough to make Mike sign on for another season under the present manager. 

I am not convinced. 

33 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

It is, but regretfully will it be enough to make Mike sign on for another season under the present manager. 

I am not convinced. 

After match thoughts from JMac. Defo not inspirational. No chance Mikey here with him at the helm.