The Arbroath Thread

11 minutes ago, Passionate said:

As previously stated Gallagher is a top signing and will guarantee you 14 goals easy,   my question is did this signing need to be announced now,    is Gallagher's time left at Airdrie compromised,  he could still be needed to score goals, even though he has been clearly off it recently..

Did Airdrie know this was being announced, normally there is a gentlemens agreement (can you still say that phrase these days) over timing etc,  it just seems very random to announce a PCA.  

f**k knows - would imagine so if Airdrie fans had heard it was happening before Arbroath fans even had the slightest clue - think we probably asked for it to be announced just now as there is a meet the manager Q and A tonight and this will be used as a big positive and example of kind of players we will be trying to sign for next year. It’s a statement signing for McIntyre and the club. 

My biggest concern over McIntyre would be if players would want to come here (or stay here but this was before Stewart and Dow re signed) but doesn’t get any better PT wise than Gallagher and as Dick used to say all the time good players attract good players. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

15 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Michael McKenna still got a bit or is he done lads?

Really signing for Falkirk? Full time would be a surprise at 33. Hasn’t had a good season with injuries. Peaked 2 years ago when we had Nouble - wonder why? I assume you’ll be strengthening but I don’t see him as a starter. Great guy though. Will run his heart out for you. 

Just now, SmokeyJoe said:

We’ve definitely announced this to help with tonight in mind 😂 get back in the good books with fans 😂 

448c82ba-0482-4d98-b948-dba2911e720f.jpeg

Mate just sent me that. It’s just really incompetent from us IMO. 

Genuinely no arsed about it to be fair. Seems like it was doing the rounds in some circles at Airdrie anyway.

Not sure what a good way to find out someone like that leaving is, imagine we will feel similar with the likes of McKenna and Hamilton if that happens.

If Falkirk or East Fife were to announce them now not sure it would be any different to waiting to hear it from the club 

6 hours ago, Wacky said:

WOW! That’s an impressive signing guys. Well done if you pull this off, plenty championship teams would have been happy with signing Callum. 

He isn’t good enough for the championship 

49 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Really signing for Falkirk? Full time would be a surprise at 33. Hasn’t had a good season with injuries. Peaked 2 years ago when we had Nouble - wonder why? I assume you’ll be strengthening but I don’t see him as a starter. Great guy though. Will run his heart out for you. 

49 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Any year we have had better players McKenna always seemed to up his game and form relationships on the park with them. 
Nouble, Low, Hamilton and Hylton. 
Still a championship player so could do well for you guys. Still hopefully he will stay though 

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Genuinely no arsed about it to be fair. Seems like it was doing the rounds in some circles at Airdrie anyway.

Not sure what a good way to find out someone like that leaving is, imagine we will feel similar with the likes of McKenna and Hamilton if that happens.

If Falkirk or East Fife were to announce them now not sure it would be any different to waiting to hear it from the club 

Agree with this, but Airdrie still have much to play for

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think its just doing things the right way.  When I've moved on to a new job, I've always tried to tell my management face to face before they heard it from anyone else.  Its just professionalism.  You don't want them to hear it from the rumour mill so your boss feels like they are the last to know.