The Arbroath Thread

Thought the meeting went well last night, there must have been 150-200 AFC fans there as that hall holds about 200 and it was packed with standing room only.

Thought JMc had to watch the way he answered some questions as some players still under contract will not be here next season so it would have been awkward for him to discuss individual players.

I really do hope we re-sign Gaston, Ricky, McKenna and Hammy as lets be honest although they are getting on a bit and maybe a bit slower they are dropping down a league against part-time players so in theory it should be easier for them.

Getting them onboard with the players already under contract and the re-signing of (has to be POTY) Scottie Stewart and C. Gallagher that sets up a very good squad with more players to be added.

The Chairman Mike Caird and Ewan West, Gary Callon and Paul Reid also spoke very well and saying what a frustrating season it was but were positive for the future, also Goldie spoke well although you did see a bit of anger/frustration coming from him because (like McKenna) he loves and has feelings for our club.

I went into the meeting expecting a riot but it ended up a decent discussion both ways, the young lad wearing he AFC black shirt had a very good speech with facts/figures of Jim McIntyre's time as the Red Lichties Manager and Jim replied with the reasons he could not keep us up but to judge him on his team next season.

I ended up coming out the meeting believing Jim McIntyre although he was still not my choice of Manager he deserves a chance and hopefully proves myself and a lot of Red Lichties wrong so going into nest season i will be supporting the Manager, players and AFC Board as i do at the start of every season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.   

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

20 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

What did JMc say about Ali Adams like?

I must have missed it.

For the record i thought Ali done decent for us during his game time. 

He didn’t address this last night. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty outrageous thing for a clubs manager to say to be fair. 

Duncan Ferguson can do one the big fud. Focus on your own team

Came within a whisker of blaming us for his own team’s failure 

The headline is a bit more sensational than the article.

He really just says we are shipping loads of goals, no confidence and he doesn't expect us to pick up points. Not the best way to word it but he's not far off really.

Couldn't really care less what he thinks to be honest but I'm sure if we win on Saturday he will think he's had an impact.

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Nothing waa said about Ali Adams. No one even asked about him last night.

I know but others have said Jim McIntyre seemingly had an earlier statement about Ali Adams which i must have missed?

9 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

The headline is a bit more sensational than the article.

He really just says we are shipping loads of goals, no confidence and he doesn't expect us to pick up points. Not the best way to word it but he's not far off really.

Couldn't really care less what he thinks to be honest but I'm sure if we win on Saturday he will think he's had an impact.

Just wading in and I do come in peace, I’ve watched his interview and he did say “they’ve pretty much downed tools on the club and manager” which isn’t something I’d expect a manager to come out and say.

Not surprised he’s made an arse of it really

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just wading in and I do come in peace, I’ve watched his interview and he did say “they’ve pretty much downed tools on the club and manager” which isn’t something I’d expect a manager to come out and say.

Not surprised he’s made an arse of it really

It certainly deserved a reply from the club, that was fully justified. 

Was he just not thinking what he was saying or was he trying to get a response out of us. I think it was probably the latter.

20 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I know but others have said Jim McIntyre seemingly had an earlier statement about Ali Adams which i must have missed?

Yes, I'm curious too.  What do people know that the rest of us don't?

Not sure that questioning the integrity of a group of people, with nothing on the line, who he might need to get him a result, is necessarily the genius move that he thinks it is. 

They have the option of bursting themselves to prove an idiot wrong or phoning it in and making life difficult for him. I know what would be more appetising to me in that circumstance. I don’t actually think that’s how footballers consciously think when they’re out on the park, but I definitely don’t think I’d be going all guns blazing with doing him a favour in mind. 

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not sure that questioning the integrity of a group of people, with nothing on the line, who he might need to get him a result, is necessarily the genius move that he thinks it is. 

They have the option of bursting themselves to prove an idiot wrong or phoning it in and making life difficult for him. I know what would be more appetising to me in that circumstance. I don’t actually think that’s how footballers consciously think when they’re out on the park, but I definitely don’t think I’d be going all guns blazing with doing him a favour in mind. 

I’ve certainly got a ready made silver lining should QP beat us. 

Aye, he's definitely done it thinking it'll get a reaction with your next two games being Morton and Queen's Park who they can finish above, but it'll probably make no difference either way. If Arbroath win the next two it's more likely to be down to a group of players who now have the pressure off with relegation confirmed playing with a bit more freedom as they start to look forward to next season coming up against teams who are shitting themselves rather than being motivated by paying any attention to Duncan Ferguson.

Not really sure it needed a statement. If his comments fire our players up then it will have worked for him and would also kind of sum up our group of players if they can only get up for a game because of what another manager has said. 

Heard Stenny midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick (him that scored the goal when Darvel beat Aberdeen FC) has moved to Tayside with his work and is hoping Arbroath FC makes a move for him (this comes from one of his best mates that i work with).

Hopefully an Arbroath FC employee reads this and passes this info onto JMc.  

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Heard Stenny midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick (him that scored the goal when Darvel beat Aberdeen FC) has moved to Tayside with his work and is hoping Arbroath FC makes a move for him (this comes from one of his best mates that i work with).

32 and spent most of the season on the bench at Stenny think we should maybe be aiming a bit higher especially when we’ve already got 4 players who can play out wide 

Hoping we get a really good winger in as our last one 

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

At 32 and struggled to get into the L2 Stenny team im not sure he is of the right calibre for us.

Could end up back at Forfar.