The Arbroath Thread

11 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

Gaston is the departure I think is hardest to take. A great keeper who can have 2-3 more years at L1 level or above. A real shame. 

Reckon Gats would have stayed if offered a deal. Not sure about Ricky and Mikey. JMac needs to bring in some decent replacements or it could get ugly for him very quickly. 

52 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

this clown likes repeating himself no end, you ever get fed up of listening to your own opinion, time and time again, how many times do you repeat yourself on the same topic. You dont go to games, so dont make out like you care for any players personal circumstances you tosser.

😂

Just put me on ignore instead of replying with pish like this please, pretty pretty please 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Talk to me about McKenna, what can we expect? What position, style of play etc

I would say he is absolutely a number 10 inbetween forward and midfield - not really a striker not really a central midfielder - could do good job as an 8 if it’s three in the middle but far too rogue to just sit in a 2 he’s all action 

Gets about the park, never stops working, capable of a screamer and pretty solid all round player with a physical presence. Takes a good set piece. Great guy to have on your team

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 hours ago, relichtie said:

Reckon Gats would have stayed if offered a deal. Not sure about Ricky and Mikey. JMac needs to bring in some decent replacements or it could get ugly for him very quickly. 

No doubt will rely on his mates for some loan players. Big characters to replace. Good luck to him, bad start in the league cup and the knifes will be out 

5 hours ago, relichtie said:

Gaston was offered a deal.

20 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

How do you know this? Just curious not disagreeing or anything 

5 hours ago, relichtie said:

I am pretty sure we are well passed the ‘it could get ugly for him’ stage - but we have already got an incredible replacement for McKenna in one of the top 2 positions on the park.

I think time probably right to look to getting a new keeper in and centre half in - we should have a bit of leeway with the replacement for Ricky with Steele, ToB and Hamilton being a very solid start to the defence 

If TOB and Hamilton are fit they could be a great partnership.

Not one to normally care too much about league cup games but I think it's important this year to get some positive momentum and get the fans on board a bit. Could help with season tickets also.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

If TOB and Hamilton are fit they could be a great partnership.

Not one to normally care too much about league cup games but I think it's important this year to get some positive momentum and get the fans on board a bit. Could help with season tickets also.

ToB and Hamilton both fit and after a pre season (fingers crossed) is an excellent centre back pairing - I think Hamilton may end up at left back though and we will sign a centre half. 

Checked back and 25th May is when we got our squad update at the end of last season. So would imagine a pre contract or 2 announcement before then and an update around that time

Thank f**k that season is officially in the history books. What a strange, mental and ridiculous season it was. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

7 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Something weird that Galston, little gone( McKenna can understand) - the former 2 could get you out of league 1…..feels like something no right at the club. Sad as best PT club in Scotland for years….

30 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Something weird that Galston, little gone( McKenna can understand) - the former 2 could get you out of league 1…..feels like something no right at the club. Sad as best PT club in Scotland for years….

To be honest we should never have been in this situation if we wanted McKenna and Gaston past this season. Letting their contracts to get into the last year was a bad idea and they have chosen to leave rather than stay. Their contracts should have been extended last summer but they were not. 

As far as i know Gaston was offered a deal to stay. But not as number 1 keeper as McIntyre is wanting a younger keeper to take on the role but have an experienced keeper to challenge for the role. Gaston didnt want to be 2nd choice.

Now Gaston is an excellent keeper but he is slowing. Certainly not as agile as before so i can see why McIntyre wants a replacement. Had to happen at some point but at least 1 year too early.

14 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

To be honest we should never have been in this situation if we wanted McKenna and Gaston past this season. Letting their contracts to get into the last year was a bad idea and they have chosen to leave rather than stay. Their contracts should have been extended last summer but they were not. 

As far as i know Gaston was offered a deal to stay. But not as number 1 keeper as McIntyre is wanting a younger keeper to take on the role but have an experienced keeper to challenge for the role. Gaston didnt want to be 2nd choice.

Now Gaston is an excellent keeper but he is slowing. Certainly not as agile as before so i can see why McIntyre wants a replacement. Had to happen at some point but at least 1 year too early.

Gats has saved us on so many occasions over the last few seasons, has been MoM in so many matches, so it is understandable that he would like to continue as our number 1.  Goalkeepers can go on well beyond outfield players ages and his experience would have been a great asset going forward. He has gone though and I wish him all the best for the future wherever it takes him. 

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened”

That was an incredible 5 years in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football, a 5 years full of wonderful achievements and memories. What are your favourite memories from the “Championship years”? 🇱🇻

Comment below ⬇️

IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

9 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

That was an incredible 5 years in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football, a 5 years full of wonderful achievements and memories. What are your favourite memories from the “Championship years”? 🇱🇻

Comment below ⬇️

IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

Beating Dundee United at Tannadice. Watching Nouble rag doll any defence he faced. That win at Rugby Park 

I think any time we played one of those "modern" tippy tappy teams who were being forced by their manager to pass it around their box.  Always good to see them passing from the goalkeeper to the centre back, then to the full back, back to the centre back, back to the full back on the edge of his box, only for him to look up and see Nouble, Dowds and McKenna bearing down on him at full pelt.

That Adams goal (obviously), that's one of the best football things I've seen, Hilson getting the winner against Queen's Park last season, seeing Gayfield with 6000 people in it for a league match, oh, and the Scott Fox game when he kicked the ball out of play something like 13 times!

1 hour ago, TASC_1878 said:

Comment below ⬇️

IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

Beating both dundee teams on their own patch