The Arbroath Thread

31 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Are signings only announced on Facebook now?  I left Facebook years ago as it was too annoying.  It would be useful if the announcements were also on X and the website.

The social media is a bit all over the place these days. You'd be best joining the WhatsApp channel, it seems to be the most regularly updated one.

Wonder if we will see Gallagher or Reilly tomorrow. Understand we have 2 strikers signed and will more than likely be adding to that through loans which will presumably come after the League Cup group stage is over however it would be extremely unfortunate and detrimental to us if we had to go into these 4 games with Ryan Dow uptop by himself.

I think tomorrow is going to be a very hard evening - hopefully give a decent account of ourselves.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wonder if we will see Gallagher or Reilly tomorrow. Understand we have 2 strikers signed and will more than likely be adding to that through loans which will presumably come after the League Cup group stage is over however it would be extremely unfortunate and detrimental to us if we had to go into these 4 games with Ryan Dow uptop by himself.

I think tomorrow is going to be a very hard evening - hopefully give a decent account of ourselves.

Talking of strikers, Grady McGrath signed for Cove, pity might’ve done us

10 minutes ago, ecto said:

Think he would’ve been snapped up a lot quicker if there was no development fee involved - Brechin thread saying anywhere from £15k - £25k. That fee is a good PT players wages alone 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think he would’ve been snapped up a lot quicker if there was no development fee involved - Brechin thread saying anywhere from £15k - £25k. That fee is a good PT players wages alone 

Would have loved to have seen us sign Grady McGrath a local lad (well Dundee) prolific goalscorer at Junior and Highland League level so would have been worth a punt but i never knew there would have been a large fee to pay.

Would also love us to get a fit Charlie Reilly on loan again from DFC as with them signing Simon Murray i would guess he would be further down the Dees pecking order?

Smokies & Wine 36-0.

17 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Would also love us to get a fit Charlie Reilly on loan again from DFC as with them signing Simon Murray i would guess he would be further down the Dees pecking order?

Smokies & Wine 36-0.

Doubt Reilly would want to come down to league 1 level? He’d stroll it mind but few dundee fans saying they’ve had loan offers from down south for him? Would love to see him back though looked great when he was fit

Dundee should be pretty comfortable tonight at Gayfield. Hopefully we put a better performance in than we did against them in the friendly. Get tonight out the way and concentrate on winning the 3 other group games which should see us into the next round 

10 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Would also love us to get a fit Charlie Reilly on loan again from DFC as with them signing Simon Murray i would guess he would be further down the Dees pecking order?.

Totally different position from Murray, we've been playing Charlie as a lwb, got taken off injured on Saturday as well.

8 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

No strikers again tonight? Last season it was defenders all injured. When do we get a break from this bad luck?

I don't think it counts as "bad luck" when we want to play 4-4-2, but only sign two strikers with no cover.

Think we might get a few decent players on loan. We should be top end of league should be challenging and that might appeal to clubs and players also gives players a chance to still train with parent clubs if not to far afield 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't think it counts as "bad luck" when we want to play 4-4-2, but only sign two strikers with no cover.

Cover will be signed looks like a loan or two which will need to wait unfortunately he’s not deliberately just going with 2 strikers for season 😂

49 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

No strikers again tonight? Last season it was defenders all injured. When do we get a break from this bad luck?

Where did you read this? Or are you just asking the question? 

37 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Cover will be signed looks like a loan or two which will need to wait unfortunately he’s not deliberately just going with 2 strikers for season 😂

He’s just a total fud eh 😂

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Your posts make me want to throw myself off a bridge sometimes.

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Think we might get a few decent players on loan. We should be top end of league should be challenging and that might appeal to clubs and players also gives players a chance to still train with parent clubs if not to far afield 

We’re much more likely to get promising youngsters on loan with Jim than we were with Dick. Big clubs just don’t want their youngsters playing Dick’s way. 

23 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

We’re much more likely to get promising youngsters on loan with Jim than we were with Dick. Big clubs just don’t want their youngsters playing Dick’s way. 

You’d like to think so anyway. Not seen any games so far this season so can’t comment on how we’ve played so far but surely Jim will be implementing his own stamp now on things

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

We've made a choice to start the season with two strikers, have no cover, and wait for loans/late signings.  And that's fine, that's a choice we made, and I have no problem with it.  All I'm saying is that it isn't "unlucky".