The Arbroath Thread

Down to 10 men and don’t have a striker playing 😂 I’m no there to see how it is but f**k me haha. Obviously be a struggle with 11 men on the park without a striker. Calm down McIntyre will be judged in the league not this cup 

5 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Down to 10 men and don’t have a striker playing 😂 I’m no there to see how it is but f**k me haha. Obviously be a struggle with 11 men on the park without a striker. Calm down McIntyre will be judged in the league not this cup 

So won't be judged against a team in the league below us? All for for giving him a chance if there was any positive signs, apart from Dow there isn't much to be positive about

Not having a striker or enough players is on the manager,

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

So won't be judged against a team in the league below us? All for for giving him a chance if there was any positive signs, apart from Dow there isn't much to be positive about

Are they no in the same league as us

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

There’s being judged and then just negative towards. Obviously wasnt going to be easy playing against a settled squad and us not having a striker. Add hammy going off and the red card what chance you got all that happened in first 30 mins. As for not enough players you just wanting us to spend money on shite and signing any jobber to come in and fill a space? He’ll have his eye on loans which won’t be available till the cup games are done 

That was as bad as a day as it could've been

Colin Hamilton limping off injured very early on

Very poor going forward and struggled to really create any clear opportunities. Annan didn't do much at all either up until that point but we gave away a really soft goal. Boy got in down the right far too easily and it was a simple header for Goss from a good ball in

Stewart then sent off. Which was a red 

Down to 10 we were never ever going to score a goal. Annan broke away from a corner and the guy scores a really good goal from 25 yard out - game over 

A very poor day. Now we're missing Stewart and Hamilton and will still probably have no striker available for the remaining two games I'm really pretty sure they will not go too well 

4 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

There’s being judged and then just negative towards. Obviously wasnt going to be easy playing against a settled squad and us not having a striker. Add hammy going off and the red card what chance you got all that happened in first 30 mins. As for not enough players you just wanting us to spend money on shite and signing any jobber to come in and fill a space? He’ll have his eye on loans which won’t be available till the cup games are done 

Obviously not gonna agree,

People have different opinions, but there is absolutely nothing to be positive about after today,

Had plenty time to get a team sorted, have known for a long time we are on this league, 

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Obviously not gonna agree,

People have different opinions, but there is absolutely nothing to be positive about after today,

Had plenty time to get a team sorted, have known for a long time we are on this league, 

Wasn’t there so can’t comment on the performance but even if we did win I was expecting a scrappy 1 goal init affair. 

same problem for us every season get a few in early but then need to wait till cups over and bigger clubs have done there business so we can get loans etc. 

only concern for with signings is attacking width as per every season.  Obviously having both your strikers picking up injuries doesn’t help. 

2 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Wasn’t there so can’t comment on the performance but even if we did win I was expecting a scrappy 1 goal init affair. 

same problem for us every season get a few in early but then need to wait till cups over and bigger clubs have done there business so we can get loans etc. 

only concern for with signings is attacking width as per every season.  Obviously having both your strikers picking up injuries doesn’t help. 

Massive problem not having strikers today, 

But it's more the manor of the performance,

Very hard to be positive just now

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Massive problem not having strikers today, 

But it's more the manor of the performance,

Very hard to be positive just now

Pretty sure vast majority were positive after Dundee during the week? 😂

and agree with striker situation but I’d imagine we will be loaning one in 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

5 hours ago, Blablabla said:

17/11 bit of value in that surely 🤔

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Yes it is!!! 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft! Cheers for this. Ridiculous price even if you're without strikers. Annan scraped past ICT reserves and couldn't see off Rose. This should be printing money. 

Printer broken

14 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Pretty sure vast majority were positive after Dundee during the week? 😂

and agree with striker situation but I’d imagine we will be loaning one in 

Got rid of FALKIK now ICT AND YOU ? Well done Annan FFS 

5 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Got rid of FALKIK now ICT AND YOU ? Well done Annan FFS 

don’t know what your meaning by this ? 😂 well done on your two wins and Falkirk getting promoted? 😂

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Printer broken

Bookies might just know what they’re doing…

I was feeling reasonably positive about today right up until I saw the line up 

I would also like to point out I have no idea why you’d stick with Scott Stewart at right centre half in a back 5 in a game we have no striker on the park.

Surely you’d want more players further forward to increase your chances of creating something - Stewart was brilliant against Dundee but he is a right midfielder and it was a completely different challenge today

I felt sorry for Ryan Dow to be honest. Must’ve run about 20 mile the last two games. 

By the end we were just throwing bodies forward to try and score or create something but you never fancied any of them to do either, leaving Annan free to counter at will with Craig Slater, ToB and Aaron Steele the only player not in and around Annans box - the bodies that had run forward then had to run back effectively doing doggies when we were already a man down with the red 

It was all a bit of a shambles and I was up the hill by the time the full time whistle went but it wasn’t pretty

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Todays was shite.

With our only 2 strikers out injured it was going to be a poor game.

What made it shite was Hamilton off early injured and a daft challenge for the red card (yes he got the ball but his foot was off the ground and the follow through sealed the deal)

Down to 10 men with no strikers and it was game over.

Player budget is limited and only have space for 2/3 more unless we move on players to make the team better. McIntyre could sign 2/3 average/meh players but over the course of the season folk will bemoan these signings. But McIntyre is waiting to sign other players on loan, players waiting before signing for a PT team or players who may get released at the end of the transfer window.

Stowe is far too lightweight for this level. Technically he is ok but he lacks so many other attributes to be any good to the team.