The Arbroath Thread

If we are going to play this pass pass pass type football we need better footballers in the middle of the field, at the moment we just pass it about going nowhere untill we inevitably lose the ball, We have a real lack of intensity just now. 

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Thought it was quite a good game today at the Greenversity. 2 mid table teams battled it out well.

You thought that was good !! 

Edited by keptie

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

You boys are a great laugh.

You disagree?  When tourists take in a game at Gayfield, they always photo the pie shop.  I've also seen a photo of the pie hut appear on t shirt, in the Guardian, and all over social media.

https://x.com/search?q=Arbroath pie hut&src=typed_query

You look at almost any groundhopper type blog, and the pie huts will get a mention, as will our steak and black pies.

I suspect you don't actually disagree.  Jealousy is a terrible thing.  But you know, Dumbarton have a lovely, err, rock.  Shaped like an elephant apparently.  If you squint at it right.  I'm sure its the talk of everyone who visits.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You disagree?  When tourists take in a game at Gayfield, they always photo the pie shop.  I've also seen a photo of the pie hut appear on t shirt, in the Guardian, and all over social media.

https://x.com/search?q=Arbroath pie hut&src=typed_query

You look at almost any groundhopper type blog, and the pie huts will get a mention, as will our steak and black pies.

I suspect you don't actually disagree.  Jealousy is a terrible thing.  But you know, Dumbarton have a lovely, err, rock.  Shaped like an elephant apparently.  If you squint at it right.  I'm sure its the talk of everyone who visits.

Are you seriously suggesting that more tourists travel to Gayfields pie hut than Dumbarton Castle? :lol:

How old is this pie hut? Genuinely don't even remember it being there the last time we visited. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Are you seriously suggesting that more tourists travel to Gayfields pie hut than Dumbarton Castle? :lol:

How old is this pie hut? Genuinely don't even remember it being there the last time we visited. 

Football tourists.  The context is obvious, and your jealousy is showing.  Its a relatively recent thing.  Gayfield has undergone a lot of renovations since the last time yous were significant enough to visit us.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Football tourists.  The context is obvious, and your jealousy is showing.  Its a relatively recent thing.  Gayfield has undergone a lot of renovations since the last time yous were significant enough to visit us.

So iconic that the club have closed it after 2 or 3 years of being open. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

So iconic that the club have closed it after 2 or 3 years of being open. 

As I said, jealousy is a terrible thing.  Still, I'm sure lego stadium aficionados particularly enjoy visiting your stand.  

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

As I said, jealousy is a terrible thing.  Still, I'm sure lego stadium aficionados particularly enjoy visiting your stand.  

Yes, I'm incredibly jealous of your closed pie hut. Are you feeling okay?

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I’d leave it mate. You won’t win. And I’ve got this boy on ignored so the only time I have to read him is when others quote him.
Hope the Sons have a good season 👍

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I wonder the same about you.  Why are you so jealous?  It seems a very odd thing to be so worked up about that you're prepared to deny simple objective reality.  And yet, here you are.

We look so devoid of any real plan as to what we want to do as a team. Gallagher and Reilly both coming short, Coulson and Murray coming into the pitch, nobody getting behind or making runs. It’s poor fare and we’re getting so much of the ball this season compared to last. 

Callaghan looks like he’s McIntyres main man in the middle of the park which is extremely worrying. 

ToB / Keith Watson / Aidan McAdams I have absolutely full faith in fortunately - if we had a poorer backbone of the team we’d be in trouble with our clear lack of ideas going forward but they’re solid. We need to figure out how to score goals and create chances with what is a pretty good group of players. 

Never in all my life have I heard home fans sing you’re getting sacked in the morning to their own manager. Dont think there is any way back for him from here which is ashame but suppose it’s going to be an interesting month because can’t see them pulling the trigger and changing anything right now. 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We look so devoid of any real plan as to what we want to do as a team. Gallagher and Reilly both coming short, Coulson and Murray coming into the pitch, nobody getting behind or making runs. It’s poor fare and we’re getting so much of the ball this season compared to last. 

Callaghan looks like he’s McIntyres main man in the middle of the park which is extremely worrying. 

ToB / Keith Watson / Aidan McAdams I have absolutely full faith in fortunately - if we had a poorer backbone of the team we’d be in trouble with our clear lack of ideas going forward but they’re solid. We need to figure out how to score goals and create chances with what is a pretty good group of players. 

Never in all my life have I heard home fans sing you’re getting sacked in the morning to their own manager. Dont think there is any way back for him from here which is ashame but suppose it’s going to be an interesting month because can’t see them pulling the trigger and changing anything right now. 

They have to pull the trigger, because you have explained 100% what everyone else can see, 

Not even the most positive fans could see that there is enough there to warrant more time, 

Yesterday's result was bad in the end considering the circumstances of the game, how ever the performance and they way we played and went about the game is the final nails in the coffin, 

The great thing about having a fish supper then driving 2 hours home is the chance to reflect. Like every other Lichtie I was well wound up at the final whistle.

A team that finished rock bottom of the Championship played a settled  team that competed well at the top of L1. 
First half against the wind I thought we played well. A wee bit of luck in the box and we could have been ahead. Second half was frustrating especially after the red card and Slater limping off. A combination of poor technique in the conditions and a lack of creativity got us all seriously frustrated. Montrose defended well and really made themselves difficult to play through. Our strike force still don’t look fully fit. Coulson tired and Gallagher couldn’t better Dillon on the one occasion he got a run on goal. 
I genuinely think we looked the better team yesterday. A bit more nous in the second half would have given us the points.

22 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

As @SimonLichtie has said, Jim will most likely be given the first quarter and a decision will probably be made then as of where we sit in the table.

And so the ghost ship Arbroath will drift on, closing down pie shops due to falling fan numbers, watching crowds drop, and just coasting to the inevitable end to this story.  We had absolutely everything working in our favour in the second half yesterday, and we couldn't do it.