The Arbroath Thread

why can't we give Hester a go?he more than held his own against Forfar.

Need experienced heads to ensure we survive this season, a meaningless Forfarshire cup game

Grehan gives us a good option and is a good player.

Love if when people look at a striker and say he's no use because he's not one of the quickest players on the park....

I don't doubt he was a good player, now he is a slow player, when he is in the team, we tend to play a bit long, what we require is mobile quick forwards to pull some of these "donkey" centre-halves around, so Grehan is at best a "last resort" player

Hester has to get a chance, he proved he can finish pre season and hasn't got a sniff since, playing alongside Rutherford/grehan will work imo.

please don't confuse pre-season games with the real thing

I have to agree with giving hester a chance, every time iv seen him he's impressed and whats the point of signing a promising young local lad to sit on the bench for a year when (as said) grehan and rutherford arent exactly banging them in.

4-5-1 seems to be the way forward these days but i miss a good strike partnership

Don't mind giving Hester more minutes but think having a go at Rutherford and Grehan is a bit unfair. Grehan has been solid but we lack the width on the pitch to give him the service. Rutherford has looked good and considering he's only started about twice a bit early to put his head on the block give him a chance to get match sharp. I would say we play more of a 4 3 3 or 4 3 2 1 than 4 5 1 as you couldn't call bobby or ramsay wide men.

Why would Bobby Linn sign for Forfar, you lot are falling like a stone

Would rather be in Forfars boat than ours at the moment. For much of this year we have seen Linn lookinh like he just doesnt want to be playing here. Though he has got some vital goals for us this year, he really isnt the same player as seasons gone by.

Would rather be in Forfars boat than ours at the moment. For much of this year we have seen Linn lookinh like he just doesnt want to be playing here. Though he has got some vital goals for us this year, he really isnt the same player as seasons gone by.

You are talking pish. Had a few games around the birth of his child when he looked a bit off but he has put in 110% the rest of the season. Edited by lichtie23

He's been by far and away our best player. If we never had him we would be f***ed.

that first half was utterly soul destroying. Cowden waltzed through our midfield time after time and we simply couldn't cope. I can't see Todd lasting until Christmas, just hope we can get someone in before January. We need a big b*****d in midfield; someone like Kevin Nicoll, who'll break up play. We need another option up front, how about Andy Ryan, who tonight left Hamilton?I fear it'll get worse before it gets better. Onto QP i suppose.