The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can I just query if this is the case. Low wants away, the club are willing to let him go if the price is right and failing that will put him out on loan but not to a team in the Championship?

That is currently the idea I think yes 

That may change who knows

10 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Can your wee team not afford to pay the fee for him?

42 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think what we are learning here is that Morton are utterly skint.  We probably set a reasonable fee, but I imagine Morton turned up with a load of empty glass bottles, an IOU, and an awfully outdated big club arrogance.

I wonder if they will be the next team to have the begging buckets out?  Its been a while since we had an administration in Scottish football.

So which is it?

On your last question: no, it won’t be us… but thanks for asking.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

So which is it?

On your last question: no, it won’t be us… but thanks for asking.

Well you seem to believe that you are a big team...but the reality doesn't seem to support that.  Both statements are valid.  So if you have money, why are you begging Arbroath if we can pretty please give you a player for free?  

38 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can I just query if this is the case. Low wants away, the club are willing to let him go if the price is right and failing that will put him out on loan but not to a team in the Championship?

Transfer window has closed so if he's leaving before January, it's either on loan or because Arbroath terminate his contract.

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well you seem to believe that you are a big team...but the reality doesn't seem to support that.  Both statements are valid.  So if you have money, why are you begging Arbroath if we can pretty please give you a player for free?  

You’re the only one who (hilariously) is giving it the big-club/wee-club nonsense… No one at Morton imagines we are or ever were a ‘big club’. And we certainly can’t be both (I think…).

Also, no one is begging… maybe stop making stuff up, eh?

@clashcityrocker has said pretty much all that needs to be said about this.

13 minutes ago, Mon eh Ton said:

Transfer window has closed so if he's leaving before January, it's either on loan or because Arbroath terminate his contract.

Leagues below the SPFL don't use transfer windows though. He could conceivably move permanently to East Kilbride, or Darvel, or back to East Stirling.

He's better than that level of course but he could.

Brilliant  - imagine if someone actually did that.....[emoji23]
Just reminded me of the time Eddie Forrest was tricked to believe he was speaking to the Raith chairman and he wanted to sign him.

Arbroath tore up his new contract so he can go play FT only for Eddie to find out it was a hoax.

Meanwhile Arbroath had signed Paul Browne to fill the position Eddie had just left.

And the hoaxer was.......

Paul Browne

What a crazy time that was.

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

You’re the only one who (hilariously) is giving it the big-club/wee-club nonsense… No one at Morton imagines we are or ever were a ‘big club’. And we certainly can’t be both (I think…).

Also, no one is begging… maybe stop making stuff up, eh?

@clashcityrocker has said pretty much all that needs to be said about this.

You seem to imagine that you are a big club.  The reality says you are a wee club.  One with the begging bowl out.  How tragic.  

54 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Thursday and still no striker signed. How very depressing 

Can just tell it’s going to be Fosu and Hilson starting on Saturday. Shanks and/or Isiaka will come on with the customary 20 minutes to go when we’ll likely be chasing the game. As you said , how very depressing.

35 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Just reminded me of the time Eddie Forrest was tricked to believe he was speaking to the Raith chairman and he wanted to sign him.

Arbroath tore up his new contract so he can go play FT only for Eddie to find out it was a hoax.

Meanwhile Arbroath had signed Paul Browne to fill the position Eddie had just left.

And the hoaxer was.......

Paul Browne

What a crazy time that was.

Yeah remember that one. Pretty sure Browne had been released by us and was looking for a club. Must have used his inside knowledge of Rovers to convince Forrest it was all above board. A sorry state of affairs all round.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So if you have money, why are you begging Arbroath if we can pretty please give you a player for free?  

A: Because that's the actual market valuation of your wantaway player. 

Someone should tell Dick 'dick' Campbell that it's not 2004 any more and so he won't be getting £80k for Chris fucking Templeman again. Morton are operating like a real business now, which means snubbing obviously ridiculous demands from another club that has got itself into a mess handling its squad this summer.

While there are some Morton fans who are bizarrely obsessed with Low signing for us, I suspect the vast majority would support the club's stance of not paying any fee at all for an entirely replaceable Championship player. Because that's... not stupid. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

A: Because that's the market valuation of your wantaway player. 

Someone should tell Dick 'dick' Campbell that it's not 2004 any more and so he won't be getting £80k for Chris fucking Templeman again. Morton are operating like a real business now, which means snubbing obviously ridiculous demands from another club that has got itself into a mess handling its squad.

While there are some Morton fans who are bizarrely obsessed with Low signing, I suspect the vast majority would support the club's stance of not paying any fee at all for an entirely replaceable player. Because that's... not stupid. 

The market value for a wantaway player is free????  for the 10000th time, why would we let a signed player leave to a team in the same division for free? There is not one single benefit to Arbroath FC whatsoever.

We are quite rightfully letting him out on loan to save on his wages, this is also fair to Nicky to get him playing, we could be total c***s and let him sit in the house for a year but we're not. 

8 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The market value for a wantaway player is free???? 

The market value for a wantaway player who has chocolate legs, is 31 in January and plays in the Scottish Championship at best is indeed 'free', 'nothing', 'nil', 'zero', 'hee haw', or 'f**k all'. Take your pick from those market options. 

We're not talking about Mbappe here. 

for the 10000th time, why would we let a signed player leave to a team in the same division for free? There is not one single benefit to Arbroath FC whatsoever.

Of course there are benefits. You no longer pay the wages of a player who is no longer part of your plans, and get a bad apple out of the door in case it has a negative ripple effect on your team's morale.

You might not value those benefits too much but the wage saving alone is worth more than any amount of money that you'll actually get in a transfer fee, unless Darvel come along. 

We are quite rightfully letting him out on loan to save on his wages, this is also fair to Nicky to get him playing, we could be total c***s and let him sit in the house for a year but we're not. 

If you did that then you'd only be wasting more of your club's money out of sheer stubbornness, so don't pretend that you're being charitable. FWIW, I don't think Low has a leg to stand on and have no sympathy with his current predicament. 

You seem to be all assuming however that the player is going to acquiesce in whatever option the club chooses for him - let's see how that plays out first. 

Edited by vikingTON