The Arbroath Thread

Steele and Stowe are proof there is players there In the lower leagues, there is 1000% players out there that can do a job for us, 

Bird is obviously different as he has played at a decent level, but give me the liked of Steele, Stowe or Slater over Turan, Norrie, Fosu, Corfe, Isiaka, El mhanni, Komofole and the rest of

22 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Steele and Stowe are proof there is players there In the lower leagues, there is 1000% players out there that can do a job for us, 

Bird is obviously different as he has played at a decent level, but give me the liked of Steele, Stowe or Slater over Turan, Norrie, Fosu, Corfe, Isiaka, El mhanni, Komofole and the rest of

Turan written off after 131 minutes of competitive football, Norey (not Norrie) after 21 minutes. 

Edited by TheRoundO

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Can be a dressing room Issue though he’s a hard no for me 

I think folk are presuming this for whatever reason. The guy has been a great professional for years. He’s just absolutely done according to Dundee United fans. 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

Turan written off after 131 minutes of competitive football, Norey (not Norrie) after 21 minutes. 

Yup, against teams a lot poorer than we will come up against,

Like I said it a previous post you get a gut feeling about these guys. Within 10 minutes of seeing Bird at Stirling you could see he had something about him, same goes with Steele and Stowe, they have showed they are capable In the short space of time, 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Can be a dressing room Issue though he’s a hard no for me 

Lets hope Jacobs, Gold and Stewart can continue to do a good job in defence then.  

Mulgrew seems a good signing on the face of it.  Wouldn't expect to play every week, provides cover, been there and done it all, takes a mean set piece.  Could inject a bit of ambition, and also gives our squad an injection of youth.

I had doubts over Turan after seeing him for 45 minutes, and good vibes about Bird after 10, similar posts just after half time of the Stirling match

Far from a genius just what people saw.

Not true

I wrote him off after 45 minutes against Brechin - fucking hopeless

ETA - and his career and clubs he’s been at previous 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

36 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I’m off for a while then until this nonsense calms down. 

Turan looks worse than hopeless, so does Jacobs (would love to be so very wrong like I’ve been a million times before) and I genuinely find it worrying we signed them 

If that’s nonsense then fine, if you’re seeing anything in they two then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it 

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Turan looks worse than hopeless, so does Jacobs (would love to be so very wrong like I’ve been a million times before) and I genuinely find it worrying we signed them 

If that’s nonsense then fine, if you’re seeing anything in they two then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it 

It absolutely is nonsense.  Hysterical nonsense.  Did Turan run over your dog or something?