The Arbroath Thread

We have a lot of good players and a couple of very good players, hope we can find the right team to suit them

Weirdly I am actually very confident in the attacking options we’ve got - unsure over us defensively though even though we know how good Tam and Ricky can be they’ve not really shown it so far in the pre season.

If we could look reasonably solid at the back the next couple weeks against two tough tests then I think over course of season we should pick up points  

Lots of new players so always going to take time for it all to come together. He has sorted the top end of the pitch out and we now we have so many options. Stowe and Turan both coming on and contributing right away. 

A left back has to be brought in asap for me to be completely comfortable with the squad. I thought Stewart might’ve done a job there until Hammy is back but against better opposition he will struggle.

9 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Whaurs Rab Douglas….hope he is ok….anyone heard?

Heard something yeah but doesn’t sound like anything serious anyway - no fallout or that either - holiday thing but hopefully see him back he’s a massive character and good lad 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard something yeah but doesn’t sound like anything serious anyway - no fallout or that either - holiday thing but hopefully see him back he’s a massive character and good lad 

Nobody needs to know the ins and outs, just a wee update saying they are expecting him back or that, he is definitely missed on the touchline,

Hopefully get that left back in before Friday and tam is back then we will be I'm much better shape, so good having more than just one player to create anything, everything was so reliant on Linn, now we have different options, 

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Nobody needs to know the ins and outs, just a wee update saying they are expecting him back or that, he is definitely missed on the touchline,

Hopefully get that left back in before Friday and tam is back then we will be I'm much better shape, so good having more than just one player to create anything, everything was so reliant on Linn, now we have different options, 

Yeah I think everyone was worried there had been a fall out or he wasn’t well but don’t think that’s the case 

Hopefully see him back because he’d be a big character in changing room

The real gig is this coming Fri - still annoyed we missed out on funding by not advancing in cup.

Left back position needs to be addressed - this is the only weak link in the squad (until Hammy returns).

Squad is looking very good with lots of options - just need a defender and we are good to go.

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

TOB is “40/60” to play against United according to Dick. 

If this is true, we definitely need a LB in for Friday 

There is a chance anyway - I think he’ll play - if he doesn’t then hopefully 

Stewart RB 

Steele CH

Little CH 

New Left Back

Hylton seems like a really nice guy going by his interview. Interesting that he’s moved up with his Mrs and bairn. Hope he does well here, yesterday just kind of showed everything his highlight reels from his time at Motherwell did. Got a great touch, runs at players, very clever, extremely fast and I think most reassuringly he looks very good defensively and gets back to help out. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There is a chance anyway - I think he’ll play - if he doesn’t then hopefully 

Stewart RB 

Steele CH

Little CH 

New Left Back

Hylton seems like a really nice guy going by his interview. Interesting that he’s moved up with his Mrs and bairn. Hope he does well here, yesterday just kind of showed everything his highlight reels from his time at Motherwell did. Got a great touch, runs at players, very clever, extremely fast and I think most reassuringly he looks very good defensively and gets back to help out. 

and the rest same as Saturday 

26 minutes ago, ecto said:

and the rest same as Saturday 

Personally would have McKenna back in to help out in the middle of the park more - but maybe he will go McIntosh.

McKenna one of the first names on teamsheet for me. Not been at his best so far but he’s been getting shifted about everywhere. 

Heard left back maybe not who has been rumoured on here but something definitely will happen with it so it’ll be interesting to see what transpires 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

McKenna not been anywhere near it but hoping he can come alive when the real stuff starts on Friday. Think the manager has a lot of selection head aches which is a good thing.  

I think O’Brien will be fine. Even if we do get a left back in, it’s a big call to go straight in and start. 

Hopefully we can take a point at least. 

Season tickets down but still at a good level.

Just tweeted there is over 1000 sold  today so guessing by the time Friday rolls around I guess we will be up to about 1200 possibly more.

Been no real reason to get one up until this week with there only being one pre season game at Gayf this year. 

If we get 12/1300 after how bad we were last season - particularly at home - I would deem that as a success and something that should be sustainable going forward

Actually glad we won that game at the weekend in fashion we did even if it meant little. Every single home game in the league last year aside from the Ayr 2-0 (and even that was for a good hour) was incredibly stressful and rage inducing for the most part 😂 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Season tickets down but still at a good level.

Just tweeted there is over 1000 sold  today so guessing by the time Friday rolls around I guess we will be up to about 1200 possibly more.

Been no real reason to get one up until this week with there only being one pre season game at Gayf this year. 

If we get 12/1300 after how bad we were last season - particularly at home - I would deem that as a success and something that should be sustainable going forward

Actually glad we won that game at the weekend in fashion we did even if it meant little. Every single home game in the league last year aside from the Ayr 2-0 (and even that was for a good hour) was incredibly stressful and rage inducing for the most part 😂 

Yeah. I thought we would struggle to break 1k this season but Saturday’s performance, along with the promising new signings has no doubt helped.

Still haven’t bought mine.

11 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah. I thought we would struggle to break 1k this season but Saturday’s performance, along with the promising new signings has no doubt helped.

Still haven’t bought mine.

Pay day today plus the date Fridays game fell on I think it’ll be a case of getting a season ticket instead of a match day ticket for a lot of people this week. I hope anyway, would be good to see another solid figure 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pay day today plus the date Fridays game fell on I think it’ll be a case of getting a season ticket instead of a match day ticket for a lot of people this week. I hope anyway, would be good to see another solid figure 

Notice they have encouraged fans to get there tickets soon to as Utd have almost sold there allocation and they will be having restrictions to stop Utd buying in home end, also mentions segregation needs to be determined? Surely they aren't considering giving Utd any more of the ground, don't know how much the BBC are taking but surely they can't take away space from the home end