The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have no idea 

I am going to have a guess at Jim McIntyre though - purely on a gut feeling 

Yeh I agree, Can't say he would of been my pick but who ever it is deserves a fair chance, its not an easy job

If it is him I hope he brings in his own staff, Can't blame Malcolm for the issues we have but it needs to be a complete clean sweep and fresh start 

Just now, lichtiekev said:

Yeh I agree, Can't say he would of been my pick but who ever it is deserves a fair chance, its not an easy job

If it is him I hope he brings in his own staff, Can't blame Malcolm for the issues we have but it needs to be a complete clean sweep and fresh start 

Not heard his name mentioned - but trying to put everything together from any of the wee bits and bobs I have heard it feels like it points towards being someone like him and it would maybe make the most sense in the here and now - I might be a million miles off though that’s just a pure guess from me 

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not heard his name mentioned - but trying to put everything together from any of the wee bits and bobs I have heard it feels like it points towards being someone like him and it would maybe make the most sense in the here and now - I might be a million miles off though that’s just a pure guess from me 

Not heard any names either but had the feeling from start it would be him, Kevin Thompson or an outside chance of Petrie, 

On 02/12/2023 at 20:11, CoveRangers1922 said:

We weren't too bad under McIntyre last season, competitive against the majority but were complete mince when Hartley came on board.

I'm a bit of a McIntyre fan boy really after he won us the title, I think he's quite harshly viewed in terms of how he's done as a manager, as a whole. 

Calum Davidson is the man for me. McIntyre I am not so sure about, seems to have done fairly well though so maybe wouldn't be the worst. We are where we are, it will be the dogfight of all dogfights with not one team isolated so it will be tough job and the new many will have a short period to get at least 3 or4 players in next month. Our current squad would probably be in the bottom 2 especially with the bad luck with injuries.

7 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Calum Davidson is the man for me. McIntyre I am not so sure about, seems to have done fairly well though so maybe wouldn't be the worst. We are where we are, it will be the dogfight of all dogfights with not one team isolated so it will be tough job and the new many will have a short period to get at least 3 or4 players in next month. Our current squad would probably be in the bottom 2 especially with the bad luck with injuries.

Regardless of anyone’s thoughts on Callum Davidson.

Realistically do you think he will have even thought twice about even taking this on?

He turned down a chance to take over a much bigger newly promoted Premiership side in Dundee where he had an opportunity to do a total rebuild with how many of them were out of contract just 6 month ago.

Can’t see why he’d have any interest in moving to a part time club at the bottom of the Championship. 

Would imagine an appointment announcement would maybe coincide alongside a training session, so a video interview may take place, even though formalities and photos done at Gayfield beforehand.

Of most of the common names being touted on here, majority seem to similar win percentages to DC, so results could be similar, but hopefully the football on the park might be more pleasing on the eye.

Jim McIntyre wouldn’t be my first choice but he does have a pretty good track record. I’m 100% certain he would have kept Cove up last season and they looked decent in the games I saw them play when he was in charge. A concern is that he’s never managed a part time team so it that would be new for him.

Sorry I’m talking bollocks - Cove were part time we he was there.

Edited by Tattie36

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Think you could do worse than McIntyre tbh. Although he only has one way of playing (hope you have the personnel for 4-4-2?). 

Any news on McKenna's injury he picked up at EEP? I would think he would be very important for your chances of staying up. 

McKenna got a soft tissue ankle injury so not a break or fracture like they feared. Still probably be out for another month to six weeks I’d guess.