The Arbroath Thread

17 minutes ago, mo83 said:

What's your point?A poster earlier said (not yourself) Malcolm been piss since he has been at AFC.All I'm trying to.say is that you can't blame Malcolm for that has he was just in the door!

Perfectly fair I apologise 

But still not sure how any of what you said is a problem. If Petrie had appointed a member of his coaching staff then got sacked 6 weeks later would you expect the new manager to keep that guy around purely because he’d only been there a short time? New managers have their own staff 

We are in urgent need of this right now. Now there are no favourites - everyone has a clean slate. 

I don’t think much will change in the short term, we’ve a tight squad with plenty of injuries and a lack of options - but I’m hopeful for things being freshened up over the next 6 month. 

He has appointed his own assistant and will use the sports scientist lad that was appointed in the summer I would imagine, Malcolm leaving was always going to happen, bit unfair on him to take the blame for the last 6 weeks, he would've been taking warm ups and a few training drills, not picking the team or setting it up. Good luck to the guy, bit unfortunate that he left a job to come to us but that's football.

Malcolm going is not a surprise.

New manager comes in. Has his own ideas on coaching setup and staff. And generally make those changes from week one in the job.

Same goes for player recruitment. McIntyre is experienced and probably has a few contacts that he wants to utilise so Sellars is surplus to requirement. 

In this business thats just part of the game. And i am sure both have been compensated fairly and can seek new employment now.

If Dick gets another job they may end up there.

McIntyre will be well aware that his job and reputation will depend on results - it won't be anything personal or anything to do with their record, but he will want new staff to do things his way - if things go wrong it's his job that is on the line.

Malcolm and Sellars are leaving Arbroath with their reputations intact - as someone mentioned, there is a decent chance they will continue to work with DC when he finds a new club - I wish them all well.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Heard big Jim has already got rid of Malcolm and Sellars pretty poor from AFC if you ask me.Can see this becoming a bit of car crash to be honest if McIntyre doesn't hit the ground running.

Good to see our new manager taking control and acting decisively. 

No problem with McIntyre cleaning the slate, a bit of a bummer for Malcolm but the correct decision. Gonna be a interesting few weeks ahead but he clearly knows what he wants and hope he gets a fast start and gets the fans on his side. A win against Morton would be a huge result for us.  

Is the Sellars news actually confirmed, or is this just speculation?  Malcolm I can understand, but I thought Sellars was appointed differently to be involved with scouting and recruiting, so not under the manager per se?  

This is all just coming from some Montrose fan, so lets wait till we actually see some evidence.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is the Sellars news actually confirmed, or is this just speculation?  Malcolm I can understand, but I thought Sellars was appointed differently to be involved with scouting and recruiting, so not under the manager per se?  

This is all just coming from some Montrose fan, so lets wait till we actually see some evidence.

Yeah I agree, I think Sellars was a board appointment and answered to the board. I may be wrong, I think his job was to advise players to the management team.

Nobody likes to see people losing their jobs and things not going well - everyone has tried their best and it’s just not worked out.

A change has been made for a reason, there is no point making a change to the manager and keeping everything else the same, what would be the point of that?

It is a fresh start for everyone at the club now on the playing side of things. That is what was required. McIntyre might be a bust or he might be brilliant nobody knows, but he’s got to get given his chance to do his job now he’s been appointed and to do things his way. 

Simple as that

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody likes to see people losing their jobs and things not going well - everyone has tried their best and it’s just not worked out.

A change has been made for a reason, there is no point making a change to the manager and keeping everything else the same, what would be the point of that?

It is a fresh start for everyone at the club now on the playing side of things. That is what was required. McIntyre might be a bust or he might be brilliant nobody knows, but he’s got to get given his chance to do his job now he’s been appointed and to do things his way. 

Simple as that

Again, is this actually based on anything, or is this just you reacting to a Montrose fan stirring it?  Haven't seen anything from the club, so it seems fairly obvious to me that he's at it.

But regardless, why would you get rid of Sellars, as far as we can tell, he was a board appointment, and the sort of long term signing you'd expect to put in place.  After all, when clubs change managers, they don't sack their entire scouting department, youth coaches, director of football, and commercial departments.  So aye, I can understand emptying Malcolm, but Sellars would be a surprise.  

48 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Again, is this actually based on anything, or is this just you reacting to a Montrose fan stirring it?  Haven't seen anything from the club, so it seems fairly obvious to me that he's at it.

But regardless, why would you get rid of Sellars, as far as we can tell, he was a board appointment, and the sort of long term signing you'd expect to put in place.  After all, when clubs change managers, they don't sack their entire scouting department, youth coaches, director of football, and commercial departments.  So aye, I can understand emptying Malcolm, but Sellars would be a surprise.  

Would seriously doubt he’s lying and it makes perfect sense. 

McIntyre will have his own people he uses for sourcing players. 

Exactly like Dick did before Sellars come to the club. 

On 05/12/2023 at 13:21, ExiledLichtie said:

Enough evidence now 😉

6 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

This Saturday is a fresh start for the complete squad - management will start with a new slate and will aim to give everyone an opportunity to shine.

This is a new beginning for all the squad.

Lets start with a convincing win on Saturday.

Doesn’t need to be convincing for me, i’ll take any kind of win.