The Arbroath Thread

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Defenders wise its probably just a rookie. Oludare Olufunwa probably available on loan, hes more athletic than anything (played RCB in a back 3 or RWB) so more likely he'd end up playing RB. Sam McClelland might be available too and is a big physical CB, but hes better than Olufunwa so we'll probably keep him. Callum Booth is free to leave, hasnt even made the bench lately but his fitness is always questionable, not even sure hes made more than 1 appearance in 18 months due to injury. A chance Tony Gallacher can go too depending on who comes in.

We have no big b*****ds in CM though. Cammy Ballantyne the closest but hes more of a pest who'll kill teams with energy/pressing. Honestly think he'd be a good fit under Campbell but no idea how youre playing under McIntyre. 

Hes free to leave and has been since the Summer.

Had massive injury problems over the past year/18 months, so im not entirely sure if hes still capable or if he's completely done tbh.

Just checked and its 10 minutes hes played since May 2022.

Tony Gallagher not hit it off? You're going back years but I was beyond baffled at him going to Liverpool back in the day. 

29 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Tony Gallagher not hit it off? You're going back years but I was beyond baffled at him going to Liverpool back in the day. 

Hes okay. Just sort of there not being shite but also not being great.

Very much a LB in a back four i think, as we play him as a LWB and he just cant do anything in attack because hes not that type.

Brilliant result today. When it went to 2-0 and with Adams up front I was very worried that we would collapse to a very heavy defeat.

McIntyre has really instilled a battling, hard to beat attitude in the team.

Will we even have enough players to field a team on the 2nd? Will we have to play Adams outfield from the start 😆

Edited by Tattie36

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The euphoria of that goal is incredible but let’s get back to reality. It’s embarrassing that we were in that situation. Left by the campbells by the way 

In fairness, while it is partly their fault, we have had a lot of freak injuries, way more than we'd normally expect.  But I have no interest in getting back to reality!  I am absolutely bouncing.  In that first half, Raith just looked so comfortable, and so, well, inevitable.  We could barely lay a glove on them.  The madness of the second half is something I'm going to be talking about in 20 years time.  Its like seeing Kevin Webster scoring that 91st minute winner down at Stenny, or Andy Cargill from the halfway line.  Just an absolutely special moment!

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The euphoria of that goal is incredible but let’s get back to reality. It’s embarrassing that we were in that situation. Left by the campbells by the way 

You are right of course, but that f**king euphoria is getting me through a horrible night 

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It was the board decision to scrap the youth/reserve team due to funding cuts from SFA then claiming its too expensive for us to run.

Yet dozens of clubs in the tiers below us can run them.

Campbell may have run us with a small squad but the board left us with no back up plan.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

It was the board decision to scrap the youth/reserve team due to funding cuts from SFA then claiming its too expensive for us to run.

Yet dozens of clubs in the tiers below us can run them.

Campbell may have run us with a small squad but the board left us with no back up plan.

It was going to cost the Club £25k just to comply with the SFA requirements for running the Youth Team before paying any players or travel costs etc. 

How sweet was that? With the state of our squad, that was a tremendous result. Watching the scores come in I thought, well we didn't really expect to take anything from the festive season games, but when we equalised, jeez I dropped the biscuit I was dunking into my tea. Then it seemed that the ref was adding enough time give Raith a chance to do their extra-extra time goal scoring trick. I doubt that we can do the same v Utd but what the heck, let the euphoria roll on. 

What is it about Starks Park that brings out memorable goals from Arbroath? Whatever it is long may it continue.

Well done to the players and management, you guys made my weekend.

Can anybody post how our squad is doing. I.e., out of a squad of I think 21 who is major fukked, who is medium fukked and who is playing next Tuesday.

here go’s

McKenna out till March?

Ricky, who knows?

Tam, no word from today?

Several players subbed early on.

as the gaffer said we are on fumes.

Plus

a new signing incoming, which in general supporters seem to rate.

Additions welcome, cheers