The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

Totally agree, but also sympathise with the fans who feel left out in the dark about the stuff we really care about - the football team! The Club needs to take this 3 week break to up its game on the communications front. That’s the surest way to get fans contributing.

But nothing will change Tim. 3 weeks off but it will be the same regurgitated crap on the social media. Birthdays, ticket sales and half price club merchandise. Maybe I’m looking too deep into it. Maybe I should just let it go. But the frustration is causing me to vent my anger. 

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You don’t see the point do you? Every month is something else. Always want more. When has that happened in the past? Are we now broke? 

Clearly they are trying to generate cash to better the club, but It's pretty simple as far as i'm concerned, give if you want to give, don't give if you don't want to give. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head.

I kind of agree with AL with regard to the club updates.  Its something we never had for years, and then in the last couple of seasons the club became much better at keeping us all informed, putiting out news etc.  However, it feels like this has tailed off this season.

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I kind of agree with AL with regard to the club updates.  Its something we never had for years, and then in the last couple of seasons the club became much better at keeping us all informed, putiting out news etc.  However, it feels like this has tailed off this season.

Nice to have some support 

And another thing. Where has the GoPro/match day albums gone? I still see the club photographer sitting pitch side and the GoPro set up behind the goal. 

2 hours ago, keptie said:

Clearly they are trying to generate cash to better the club, but It's pretty simple as far as i'm concerned, give if you want to give, don't give if you don't want to give. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head.

No sure the club is broke

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

And another thing. Where has the GoPro/match day albums gone? I still see the club photographer sitting pitch side and the GoPro set up behind the goal. 

oddly enough we changed our YouTube channel after the Airdrie game at home, the change can only be down to the of manager, surely 

we have gone from being a club, who was open to supporters, to everything, to now everything being shrouded in mystery 

Edited by ecto

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I'm afraid that what has happened has been seen too many times before. Money coming into a club which is drying up, a manager who demands to overspend and is allowed to before he is found out. Ideas above their station for a relatively small club and fans that jump on the bandwagon until wins dry up. Enjoy the ride that you have had but get real in Div.1.

1 minute ago, terracingtam said:

I'm afraid that what has happened has been seen too many times before. Money coming into a club which is drying up, a manager who demands to overspend and is allowed to before he is found out. Ideas above their station for a relatively small club and fans that jump on the bandwagon until wins dry up. Enjoy the ride that you have had but get real in Div.1.

What are you blethering about, we’re fkin minted, could buy Farfar as our feeder team.

14 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

What are you blethering about, we’re fkin minted, could buy Farfar as our feeder team.

😂

17 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Go look at the books last year and then delete this post 

Always Arbroath is just another way of generating cash to put towards the playing squad, if people want to, which funnily enough a lot of people do - other clubs do this too - it’s not that deep 

42 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

That's a hell of a take.  Are you going to start talking about FFP too?

Obviously the mood around the 2 clubs are extremely different right now and it’s maybe not the best time to announce the Always Arbroath thing but I think it has kind of been released early due to us having a seriously bloated and crocked squad 

This is Falkirk praising their scheme - same idea as Always Arbroath - today 

Understand that when things are bad - and let’s face it they’ve been horrendously depressing for going on 20 month with no real ray of sunshine - everyone wants to moan and stick the boot in but taking all that away it is a great idea to try and raise some additional funding and gives those who would want to the opportunity to do so 

From what has been explained to me about AA is that the management want to bring in a higher calibre of player so wish to compete for FT clubs for players they are after. Which means paying higher wages to those players. Still looking at a squad size of 20.

So embracing the hybrid model by signing FT players that otherwise we would not be looking at due to not being in a position to pay them.

Now we have been partially trying this hybrid model for a while now. Most of these "FT" players have been utter dugmeat compared with PT players throughout the SPFL.

Its a question of whether we can identify and bring in the right FT players for this club as well as PT players. Can we make it work? What sort of wages are we willing to pay and will the fans be happy seeing FT players turn into duds and bemoan the waste of money like Allan, Fosu, Corfe etc that have come before.

My question is do we really need to be aiming for FT players to compete in this league? 

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looking like yet another failure from McIntyre.

Surprise surprise.

Thank you.

These kind of posts are wasted here - better sticking to your excellent contributions in the watches thread.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you, just think you could've done better than him.

Time will tell. He’s not had a chance yet due to what he was left and the current injury crisis. If he fails with a fully fit squad then we can talk.

We get it, Dundee fans despise him but we’ve yet to see anything other than fire fighting and damage limitation.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looking like yet another failure from McIntyre.

Surprise surprise.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you, just think you could've done better than him.

Thought Dundee had a terrific win yesterday, in fact having a fine season, Tony Doc, appears to have been an inspired appointment, seems to be a lot of positives around Dens Park just now, they are sleeping giants, maybe possibly a slight awakening happening, after many false dawns, so with all this, why the f**k, are you still obsessing about McIntyre

Edited by ecto

23 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Totally agree, but also sympathise with the fans who feel left out in the dark about the stuff we really care about - the football team!

Pars fans have been there too. It’s hard to put a positive spin on poor performances. The club then get caught between a rock and a hard place. They know the fans can see that things aren’t going well, and likely won’t want to patronise you by trying to tart it up. 
I believe clubs at our level spend every available penny they have, sometimes way more than they have, and are always looking for more regardless of where it comes from. Fans are always being asked to dig deeper and give what they can. 

On 27/01/2024 at 18:24, TheScarf said:

Cove were dogshit there’s no way McIntyre was keeping them up.

Cove were 10 points clear of Hamilton when McIntyre was sacked. They finished 10th because they sacked a competent Championship manager who was performing to par and had taken one pumping, then replaced him with a much poorer manager in Hartley, who took a team who were heading for about 40 points and comfortable survival in 7th or 8th to 10th place on 31 points via a 10 game losing run.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Cove were 10 points clear of Hamilton when McIntyre was sacked. They finished 10th because they sacked a competent Championship manager who was performing to par and had taken one pumping, then replaced him with a much poorer manager in Hartley, who took a team who were heading for about 40 points and comfortable survival in 7th or 8th to 10th place on 31 points via a 10 game losing run.

We fucked them under McIntyre and under Hartley.  They were dogshit and had a laughable squad.  And we had Billy fucking Dodds as our manager.