The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

30 games. 3 yellow cards. Sounds like sour grapes?

Must’ve been booked less than I thought. Sure you’ll see what I mean within a few games…

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I understand the criticism, but fact of the matter is that if he had goals and assists to his game at his age he would probably be moving to a full time club.

A very fair point. Just never really looked down a team sheet and fancied him to be the one to chip in with a goal but he may kick on for you guys. (Already not looking forward to his winner he’ll inevitably score against us now!!)

27 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its exactly what we should be doing.  Poaching the best part time players from other teams.  Strengthens us and weakens our opposition.  Pleasing.

He was nowhere near one of our best players. Couldn't get into the team under Brian Rice last season then got a lot of opportunities under Andy Graham - and had flashes now and again - but was in the one role in the three behind the striker that nobody managed to nail down, and Quinn got more chances there than anybody else. He has talent but plays with his head down and frequently let down by poor decision making after getting himself into decent positions. He'd have been a work in progress had we kept him. Was never going to be good enough for Hamilton in the Championship. 

Perhaps MacIntyre can help him kick on but you'll need to be patient and hope he can add consistency and an end product. 

Quinn coulson ? he thinks he is better than he is , trialed for  hamilton , was rejected , wanted back at Alloa , was rejected ( we signed a replacement  ) . don't get me wrong there is a player there and he is still young but showed a poor attitude which led to this whole episode  .

2 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Quinn coulson ? he thinks he is better than he is , trialed for  hamilton , was rejected , wanted back at Alloa , was rejected ( we signed a replacement  ) . don't get me wrong there is a player there and he is still young but showed a poor attitude which led to this whole episode  .

Seems like the young lad just wanted to get himself back in to FT football… weird take on it. 

you play your way into a better /full time team you don't just P8ss off and hope it happens .he was on the bench a lot for us last season (which was fair ) yes he wanted a F/T team  how did that work out  ? all the best to him ,but he does come over as a bit misguided 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Seems like the young lad just wanted to get himself back in to FT football… weird take on it. 

54 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Nothing I hate more in a player than diving. It’s even worse when he is a part of my team 

Agreed. Don't think I've ever shouted at one of our own players more than Stevie Murray. Diving wee arsehole. 

9 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

you play your way into a better /full time team you don't just P8ss off and hope it happens .he was on the bench a lot for us last season (which was fair ) yes he wanted a F/T team  how did that work out  ? all the best to him ,but he does come over as a bit misguided 

He’s a 20 year old kid with a load of appearances for his age I don’t see what the issue is in thinking he could maybe get back to it. He was always gonna have PT offers to fall on. 

Who kept him out the starting line up , Steven / Sutherland/ Wales? 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Agreed. Don't think I've ever shouted at one of our own players more than Stevie Murray. Diving wee arsehole. 

I,ll wager  you Dario Zannatta, with a pathetic scream to accompany it  .

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Oluysanya was horrendous for it when on loan from st Mirren 2 seasons back. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s a 20 year old kid with a load of appearances for his age I don’t see what the issue is in thinking he could maybe get back to it. He was always gonna have PT offers to fall on. 

Who kept him out the starting line up , Steven / Sutherland/ Wales? 

We got him from Raith i think on a free he defo has potential but we wont miss him in his present state , my point is he went about it the wrong way , i think the alloa fans who have made comments and opinions on him are fair honest and accurate , Cammy O'donnel was his starting rival .

Just now, Vegetableman said:

We got him from Raith i think on a free he defo has potential but we wont miss him in his present state , my point is he went about it the wrong way , i think the alloa fans who have made comments and opinions on him are fair honest and accurate , Cammy O'donnel was his starting rival .

Sounds like a young lad with a lot of potential and desire to do well for himself, seems well rated by his team mates and guys who have played against him, looking forward to seeing how he gets on. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sounds like a young lad with a lot of potential and desire to do well for himself, seems well rated by his team mates and guys who have played against him, looking forward to seeing how he gets on. 

He owns a hairdressing salon apparently , his dad always followed him at the games and we have had many a chat , nice guy his dad 

i am sure he will do fine eventually , the interest in him here is the fact he was the only player to refuse terms in the whole squad and we have been watching the whole process play out  .  . looking forward to visiting gayfield again  in any case , is tutties neuk still open to away fans  ?

4 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

He owns a hairdressing salon apparently , his dad always followed him at the games and we have had many a chat , nice guy his dad 

i am sure he will do fine eventually , the interest in him here is the fact he was the only player to refuse terms in the whole squad and we have been watching the whole process play out  .  . looking forward to visiting gayfield again  in any case , is tutties neuk still open to away fans  ?

Away fans be welcomed at Tutties this season yes! 

I get that it must seem like the guy thought he was better than what he was because he rejected terms, but he was only trying to do what’s best for himself.

Cannot be easy being a 20 year old laddie who is inbetween PT and FT because you’d have to really consider other careers away from football which would be tough. Good to hear he’s got something away from football though. 

He has 2 years here and a bit of stability and I’m sure McIntyre has stated that he would love him to really kick on and do well to potentially get himself a move back up the ladder - already mentioned that in regard to Bisland and Wilkie in an interview. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

‘We are delighted to announce the signing of 20-year-old winger Quinn Coulson on a 2-year contract pending SFA approval.’

If we have announced that today - what’s the chances that he’s in the squad and available to play tomorrow @Skyline Drifter ?

Very likely I'd imagine. Unless there's any problem with the paperwork they'll clear him in time. Its a domestic move. No international clearance required.

5 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

You have to remember alloa fans think hetherington is good...

You have to remember you could search back in this thread for similar reviews from Arbroath.