The Arbroath Thread

Just now, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Any chance of elaborating on this?

One of the SLO’s is very loud, aggressive at the games and not very liked among fans, his language is a disgrace but gets a “job” at the club

9 minutes ago, permalicht said:

One of the SLO’s is very loud, aggressive at the games and not very liked among fans, his language is a disgrace but gets a “job” at the club

From my understanding both SLO's along with other people involved with the club is they have signed a Code of Conduct.

So i think they will have to reign in their language.

6 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

From my understanding both SLO's along with other people involved with the club is they have signed a Code of Conduct.

So i think they will have to reign in their language.

That’s good news , thanks for the information 

10 minutes ago, keptie said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a SLO?

Just now, lichtiemike said:

Arbroath FC endorsed Facebook Police 

Supporters Liason Officer.  The club asked for nominations during the summer, and I think they picked 2 people.

Communicates fan feedback to the board.  Also explains board decisions and provides a layer of buffer from the lynch mob.  Opinion seems to be split as to whether they are privileged supporters artificially promoted up to be given a cushy role, or whether they have sold their soul and have to apologise for everything the club does.  I have no opinion either way tbh.

This sounds like an excellent solution. I’m assuming Pie Bobs will run and stock the stalls, and Robertsons will continue to provide the steak and black pudding pies.

Great to see two companies and the club working together to come up with a solution that should genuinely benefit the fans.

ETA just read that the club will continue to run the stalls and Pie Bobs and Robertson will both provide stock.

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Supporters Liason Officer.  The club asked for nominations during the summer, and I think they picked 2 people.

Communicates fan feedback to the board.  Also explains board decisions and provides a layer of buffer from the lynch mob.  Opinion seems to be split as to whether they are privileged supporters artificially promoted up to be given a cushy role, or whether they have sold their soul and have to apologise for everything the club does.  I have no opinion either way tbh.

Hmm, unsure about that 

6 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I think the SLO idea is very positive. It’s an attempt to promote better communications between the Club hierarchy and the fans who actually attend games. I find it difficult to criticise.

Yup. Club purely just trying to get a link between the support and the board, nothing more to it or sinister. Good idea

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yup. Club purely just trying to get a link between the support and the board, nothing more to it or sinister. Good idea

“trying” plays a big part there, they clearly didn’t have any link yesterday between the club and fans when it came to piegate, seems like a waste of time in my opinion but hope to be proved wrong