The Arbroath Thread

Thank you St Mirren. Thank you Ryan Flynn. Please don’t take him back in January. BTW Flynn has been huge for us. Such a clever footballer, so mature and in control. Sadly I imagine Fraser will take Dow’s starting place and Dow has been terrific. 

The position that's most up for grabs is that spot on the left. Bit harsh on Murray (and Coulson) but Taylor looks the real deal.

I really hope that they don't play him on the right and shoe-horn Scott Stewart in at right-back. Stewart and Dow have really clicked recently and I hope that Taylor can come in to supplement them rather than replace them. 

22 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

The position that's most up for grabs is that spot on the left. Bit harsh on Murray (and Coulson) but Taylor looks the real deal.

I really hope that they don't play him on the right and shoe-horn Scott Stewart in at right-back. Stewart and Dow have really clicked recently and I hope that Taylor can come in to supplement them rather than replace them. 

To be fair Murray and Coulson have been excellent too. 

I have to confess I was never convinced by the “get a current/ex player as manager” thing. But Hammy and Goldie have really changed my mind on this. Football knowledge, respect of the squad, tactical awareness - they’ve got it all and all Jim’s experience counted for nothing. He did some decent recruitment though. 

I need to calm down - we are still 7th. But Taylor was so exciting. 😁

Edited by TheRoundO

Delighted FT had a good start with you guys. Think most of us expected him to take Ryan Flynns place in the squad this season as a cup starter and a good reliable sub to bring on.

Unfortunately pretty much all our centre mids got injured to start the season so we have now ended up with 6/7 central players for 3 starting places and that doesn't include Fraz, I would be very surprised if he doesn't get a new deal with us. 

Edited by Stan Bo