The Arbroath Thread

seems the team is taking shape would not mind seeing this hester in pre season we need a forward that is quick we took a punt with murray so how not take a punt on this young lad

Simon Murray had been consistently scoring at the level above the Vics for several years (when in the country). Hester is probably a lot more akin to Michael Wallace who we signed last season from Lochore, who're at the same level as the Vics and didn't get a single minute of game time for us.

It's impossible for me to say he's not up too it as I've never seen he lad play, but Hester would certainly be coming from a lower level than Murray or Whatley did prior to joining us.

I think we could sign Stevie Flo back from the Vics and some fans would be saying it was a superb signing and they were optimistic we could win the league off the back of it :lol:

Simon Murray had been consistently scoring at the level above the Vics for several years (when in the country). Hester is probably a lot more akin to Michael Wallace who we signed last season from Lochore, who're at the same level as the Vics and didn't get a single minute of game time for us.

It's impossible for me to say he's not up too it as I've never seen he lad play, but Hester would certainly be coming from a lower level than Murray or Whatley did prior to joining us.

I think we could sign Stevie Flo back from the Vics and some fans would be saying it was a superb signing and they were optimistic we could win the league off the back of it :lol:

I watched the vics quite a few times last season and Hester is a good player. Played at the same level as him in lads football up to 19's. Although he isn't the biggest, he handles big defenses very well, as long as he has players around him that keep the ball on the deck.

Not too sure we should be signing him but it's good that some local talent is finally being noticed.

Stevie Flo is still a fucking rock at the center of that Vics back 4!!

Any word of dayle robertson resigning? Still think he's a big talent who could do a job at this level. Would be good to see him signed alongside hester and mcwalter to show local talent is still noticed despite the u20s folding last season

Any word of dayle robertson resigning? Still think he's a big talent who could do a job at this level. Would be good to see him signed alongside hester and mcwalter to show local talent is still noticed despite the u20s folding last season

he's going back to America, signed for FC Indiana in the NASL.

what is the harm, get him in, have a look, if he impresses sign him, if not send him back, on Wallace, he was also unlucky Murray and "Shagger" had great starts to the season, we don't know what would have happened if either had struggled

Edited by ecto

He's not going back to the USA he's staying in the UK, he's had offers but has been training with Arbroath

did he change his mind?posted on his Facebook a while back he'd agreed a deal. I'd have him back just for his goal against Stenny.

He isn't

Aye you're right

Shites too kind.

Watched him a few weeks back for Jeanfield, didn't look very good at that level.

Eta: the only reason anybody rates him is because he came through our youth system. He's no any better than Smith or Buchan.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Could keeper Calum Antell be on his way too?

I'm sure Dayle and Kiffy were both at St Johnstone and Sheerin advised them / brought them to Gayfield where they then played in the youth set up. I'm sure Dayle also went through a pretty major operation at the start of the year so is just probably getting back to full fitness. Hopefully he gets a chance.

Still need a few, but getting there.

Goalkeepers
Allan Fleming
Defenders
Craig Johnstone, Craig Wilson, Graham Hay, Ricky Little, Andy Munro
Midfielders
Kieran McWalter, Keiran Stewart, Mark Whatley, Jamie Reid, Jordan Lowdon, David Gold
Forwards
Bobby Linn, Lewis Coult, Martin Grehan