The Arbroath Thread

If you do get clappers or drums or anything else that makes ungodly noises, then please you warn us opposing supporters so we know not to come to Gayfield.  Don't be like that tosser at Peterhead who bangs on the advertisement board behind the goals for 90 minutes, that is pure torture and hence why I will never be back there again.  So if you want to lower your crowds, crack on boys!

If you do get clappers or drums or anything else that makes ungodly noises, then please you warn us opposing supporters so we know not to come to Gayfield.  Don't be like that tosser at Peterhead who bangs on the advertisement board behind the goals for 90 minutes, that is pure torture and hence why I will never be back there again.  So if you want to lower your crowds, crack on boys!

Aye, that guy up at Peternapper is a nightmare.

Just an idea. Has anyone thought of picking up farflung lichtie and giving him a shake? He seems fairly easy to rattle.

I really like Mikey McKenna, but I don't quite understand why a player with 3 goals and 3/4 assists in 20 odd starts is seen as such a necessity to start upfront? :unsure: 

Would like to give a big shout out to the fan who was screaming abuse at Dick Campbell yesterday, special mention to him for screaming 'Campbell your strikers are shite' at a time when we have scored the joint second most goals in the whole of the SPFL, with only Celtic having scored more. :lol: 

McKenna has to be starting u seen an instant impact as soon as he came on the ball was never out of there half and that’s when we had the most shots.

Bobby has scored the most goals for Arbroath this season and he isn’t a striker so having the joint second goal total isn’t just coming from our strikers apart from Wallace but he was shocking on Saturday as he has been for the past few weeks!

McKenna has to be starting u seen an instant impact as soon as he came on the ball was never out of there half and that’s when we had the most shots.

Bobby has scored the most goals for Arbroath this season and he isn’t a striker so having the joint second goal total isn’t just coming from our strikers apart from Wallace but he was shocking on Saturday as he has been for the past few weeks!

Wallace was certainly not “shocking”

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Goal of the month competition is live. Voted for Bobbys volley against Stenny. Wallace’s effort in the same fixture was a close 2nd in my opinion. Obviously when he doesn’t win some of our support will call it bias

It's nothing to do with bias; your clear disregard for Pongo's obviously superior goal is the sort of disgusting anti-gingerism that has no place in the modern age.

It's nothing to do with bias; your clear disregard for Pongo's obviously superior goal is the sort of disgusting anti-gingerism that has no place in the modern age.

Tho you have outed me as the anti ginger person that I am, I will say that the reason that didn’t get my vote was due to the lettuce wrists the Brechin keeper had that day.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Goal of the month competition is live. Voted for Bobbys volley against Stenny. Wallace’s effort in the same fixture was a close 2nd in my opinion. Obviously when he doesn’t win some of our support will call it bias

Any idea why Wallace's 2nd against Stenny doesn't feature?

On 28/01/2019 at 10:06, YoungersPaleAle said:

What a massive wet wipe.

Going forward I think McKenna should play central midfield with Swankie. Where he initially played before going to Berwick, sure we tried to sign him under Lumsden as a CM at that time too. Gold out right, him and Thomson could be great down the right in my opinion. Wallace and Spence as a front two.

V Stranraer

DJ

Thomson
ToB
Little
Hammy

Linn
McKenna
Swankie
Gold

Wallace
Spence

Don’t no if McKenna is more suited on the wing or middle of the park?? 

Have more opportunity to get in the box and less defensive responsibility’s playing there, don’t know his best attributes are passing and creating from the middle of park 

Either way he must play