The Arbroath Thread

If we're gonna play the 'if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle' game in terms of points we've picked up so far this season - I'll add one in. Imagine Bobby Linn got injured on the first day of the season. How many points do we think the squad would have picked up? If Bobby Linn wasn't there, things would be completely different in terms of how people view our squad right now. We'd be rooted to the bottom with 2/3 points and everyone would be saying we were miles off it and the squad wasn't close to being up to it at this level. Every single league goal we have scored has been scored by Bobby Linn or assisted by him. After 9 games, we have scored 0 goals he hasn't been involved in.

Think about it this way - all these points we 'could' have picked up if we hadn't made mistakes/ let in goals/ the opposition hadn't beaten us are gone. That's in the past. Going forward, it's a very real prospect that Bobby Linn can get injured/ go off the boil form wise. What do people think would happen in that situation?

Obviously we've had a superb start, I'm absolutely delighted with how things have gone and the points we've picked up so far. However, lets not be totally blind to the obvious here. If Bobby Linn isn't firing/ doesn't produce a moment of magic, the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw. On the contrary, QotS would've been bottom by 20 points last year if they didn't have Stephen Dobbie, so sometimes teams can scrape through seasons relying heavily on one individual, but I feel that's a rarity.

19 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

If we're gonna play the 'if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle' game in terms of points we've picked up so far this season - I'll add one in. Imagine Bobby Linn got injured on the first day of the season. How many points do we think the squad would have picked up? If Bobby Linn wasn't there, things would be completely different in terms of how people view our squad right now. We'd be rooted to the bottom with 2/3 points and everyone would be saying we were miles off it and the squad wasn't close to being up to it at this level. Every single league goal we have scored has been scored by Bobby Linn or assisted by him. After 9 games, we have scored 0 goals he hasn't been involved in.

Think about it this way - all these points we 'could' have picked up if we hadn't made mistakes/ let in goals/ the opposition hadn't beaten us are gone. That's in the past. Going forward, it's a very real prospect that Bobby Linn can get injured/ go off the boil form wise. What do people think would happen in that situation?

Obviously we've had a superb start, I'm absolutely delighted with how things have gone and the points we've picked up so far. However, lets not be totally blind to the obvious here. If Bobby Linn isn't firing/ doesn't produce a moment of magic, the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw. On the contrary, QotS would've been bottom by 20 points last year if they didn't have Stephen Dobbie, so sometimes teams can scrape through seasons relying heavily on one individual, but I feel that's a rarity.

Wow that is incredible mate I never actually realised that 🙌🙌🙌🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 No doubt Bobby is Our main man but we have got a great hard working squad and from what I’ve seen so far deserve to be in this championship and apart from 30 mins against Ayr Don’t look at all out of place, If we had ended up with 0 points after the first quarter nobody could have complained after all we are part time and punching above our weight which makes it even more sweeter and where you become proud especially when you turnover the likes of Morton & Dunfermline, I agree with every team has there story on why they should or could have won and deserve more points but Spence’s goal on opening day and Donnellys Vrs Partick were proper legitimate well worked goals That were clearly onside so that’s bad officiating so that’s where I was getting my 4 points from, What happened at Tannadice and Jamieson up at Inverness were just bad luck and I suppose every team gets that and learns from it. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🙌🙌🙌⚽

I don't even think this part time thing is that big a deal, definitely plays a part but a lot of our players, id say 2/3rds of the squad could easily be playing for full time football clubs if they really wanted to be.

The big difference I think is preparation and also our players having to deal with another job and profession on the side and the time and stress that would add in comparison to guys who are FT and can focus on each Saturday 100 percent every week

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't even think this part time thing is that big a deal, definitely plays a part but a lot of our players, id say 2/3rds of the squad could easily be playing for full time football clubs if they really wanted to be.

The big difference I think is preparation and also our players having to deal with another job and profession on the side and the time and stress that would add in comparison to guys who are FT and can focus on each Saturday 100 percent every week

Hey mate do you or any other lichties on here have links to the video of Bobby getting soaked by waves a few years back taking a corner lol 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 My mates at work don’t believe me hahaha

On 23/10/2019 at 12:17, SimonLichtie said:

I would say there is a lot of if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle in this

Random question - but what's a half decent pub in Arbroath that's likely to have the Dee game on? I was thinking Tutties, but am I right in saying that's more of a restaurant? Been years since I've been in Arbroath.

Random question - but what's a half decent pub in Arbroath that's likely to have the Dee game on? I was thinking Tutties, but am I right in saying that's more of a restaurant? Been years since I've been in Arbroath.

Station Bar [emoji106] tutties is split between pub and restaurant but only got a wee TV.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tutties West Port Bar Station Bar & The Portcullis are all great bars mate and will no doubt be showing the game for ya 🙌🙌🙌🇱🇻⚽

Tutties West Port Bar Station Bar & The Portcullis are all great bars mate and will no doubt be showing the game for ya [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji1145][emoji460]️

The West Port and Porty are horrendous. I’m sure the Porty is now a rugby pub as well

The Newgate is decent. Horseshoe bar with 3 big tellys so easy to see a game

Added this absolute beauty to my collection last week 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻⚽❤️ Brings back loads of great memories as it was my first red lichtie game with my Dad and grandad back in the 1989/1990 season 🙌🙌🙌 we beat Albion Rovers 2-1 and I am sure Alan McKenna and Stuart Sorbie got the goals.

A3218BC9-19E4-406F-A1D0-C5C14C43503D.jpeg

21 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

How's yous feeling about the Talbot game in the cup?

Pretty relaxed about it tbh, Should be a very easy game, It’s a great chance to beat the record but I think we might just fall short so will go with 33-0 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🙌🙌🙌⚽

Edited by 36-0 Maroon