The Arbroath Thread

13 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

For highlights, does that essentially mean anything missed by the ball tracking cameras could be sourced from the full panoramic, an you could zoom in on the area you wanted in that? If so - the system actually sounds a lot more positive highlights wise if you've got someone doing the editing properly. Obviously still a huge worry for live games though.

Assuming you are using the Pixellot game file, yes. Pixellot is using a four camera, fixed-head unit that it positioned to cover the whole pitch with its cameras. You then “teach” the system where the boundary lines are, and the system uses that and ball tracking technology to “broadcast” the game...however, all cameras video is taken together and stitched into a single, whole-field panoramic view that is saved to the game file. So, while the game broadcast shows a small portion of the pitch, the whole thing is recorded and you can go into the editor and game file and extract any view you want of the pitch. That’s the big sales point for coaching, refereeing evaluations and stuff, you can go back and watch all the off the ball action no matter where the camera was apparently looking at the time.

Supporter Update

Good Evening Lichties.  We just wanted to give you another update on things that are happening behind the scenes at Gayfield.

We fully understand that it’s hard being forced to be an armchair supporter right now, but whilst we can’t see your faces around the terracing at Gayfield Park, all the work and effort that is going on is all for you, our supporters. 

Friendly update

On Saturday we recorded a 3-0 win over Forfar Athletic at Gayfield Park.  This was another good test for the team and it allowed the new members of the team to get more valuable playing time with one another.   It was another strong performance and we were delighted for Kris Doolan to net his first two goals at Gayfield, with Dale Hilson continuing his impressive Arbroath career with the two assists and our opening goal.

Last night Arbroath played another closed door friendly at our Letham Training Base in Perth against Lochee United Football Club.  The Lichties came out 5-1 winners, with Michael Ruth scoring from a Bobby Linn cross, before James Craigen put us 2-0 up.  Lochee pulled a goal back before a Jason Thomson header made it 3-1, goals from Gavin Swankie and Luke Donnelly made it 5-1 for the final score.

Arbroath play their final pre-season game tomorrow night at Gayfield when we host Highland League Side Formartine United Football Club at Gayfield Park.   

Thank you to all supporters who listened to our appeal on Saturday.  

We must again ask that whilst it goes against everything we stand for as a club, but we must appeal to all fans to please stay away from Gayfield Park.  We have been carrying out measures to ensure the safety of all our players, coaches, backroom staff and the visiting team and officials.  

Whilst we fully understand there is a natural urge to come down this is an appeal from the club to please stay away so there is no chance of jeopardising or risking our return to playing football.

We will have full social media updates from Gayfield, as well as team-lines, photographs and GoPro Goals.

Squad update

We were delighted to secure the loan signing of 18-year-old Connor Smith from Heart of Midlothian this week.  Connor is rated very highly, and had a very successful loan spell at Cowdenbeath last season where he quickly became a fan favourite.   Connor has a very bright future in the game and we are excited to see him develop further whilst at Gayfield.

Streaming

Unfortunately we don’t have the good news this evening we were hoping to provide you with. 

Those supporters who live in Arbroath will know just how difficult it is to get fibre for their home internet but we are delighted to announce that the Fibre Cable which the streaming is so reliant on will finally be getting installed tomorrow at Gayfield.

Sadly this won’t allow enough time to calibrate the cameras, audio and test the streaming service in time for kick off, however our technical team will be doing a test run of all systems so that we can offer a stream for our Betfred Cup Match at Gayfield against Montrose on Saturday 11th October.

Our streaming service has had so much work put into it, and we are extremely excited to show you the platform and the site that has been built for you to enjoy the games.  

We again are incredibly sorry that this won’t be in place for tomorrow, but our wish is that when we go live that everyone will be able to enjoy the streaming and not suffer any issues which will disrupt your experience.

Thank you again,

C’mon the Lichties!

Supporter update 2.jpg

Not surprised last pre season we played hearts hibs etc season before was it not Aberdeen Oldham or Bolton good to see us scoring but the quality of teams not very good. But you can only play what’s in front of you . But gives the guys confidence winning. Looking forward to watch us at last on Tuesday via the stream [emoji106]

image.thumb.png.322f2f9915d9331b1acd36bd981943af.png

So with the League Cup prize money (usually between 15/20k) basically disappearing on additional expenses needed/ other income a side from prize money almost non existent, and this situation where our biggest earning games of the season are now games we will LOSE money on, we're almost solely reliant on income from people outwith our season ticket holders streaming games of us against Morton, Queen of the South, Inverness etc. I think?

I'm bloody thankful we're run as well as we are, and for all the fundraising efforts of those on the board this year and prior as well as every single fan who has put additional money in this year (shares, fans wall etc) because f**k me, it's going to come in handy over the next 6 - 8 months by the sounds of things.

At least the Challenge Cup has been scratched, bit of common sense there.

I'm annoyed at Kerr's railway shutting. It's an Arbroath landmark. I can only remember seeing the wee steam train going once as well and that was in the mid 70s when we had a nursery school trip 

My proposal is to have a whip round, build a tunnel under the road and relay the track so it now shuttles fans between Tutties and Gayfield. 🚂

Pre season has gone well against weak sides. Aggregate score 24-3 for the 6 games, 10 different scorers and 6 for big Luke. Time will tell if this approach has got us ready for the challenges to come.

The squad is looking stronger than at the start of last season.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm annoyed at Kerr's railway shutting. It's an Arbroath landmark. I can only remember seeing the wee steam train going once as well and that was in the mid 70s when we had a nursery school trip 

My proposal is to have a whip round, build a tunnel under the road and relay the track so it now shuttles fans between Tutties and Gayfield. 🚂

Have just read about that elsewhere, such a shame. Had quite a few trips on there when I were younger.

I'd run a KMR football special from Arbroath station via West Port & Millgate to Gayfield stoping at all pubs.