Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea why we'd want to try our first/second best right back in a role where he'd be about sixth or seventh in the pecking order regardless of performance. Totally bizarre thought process.

Any reason why Hutton was punted on loan because of this clause but is now starting for Villa this season? Has he waived the clause in his contract?

Waverley has been heaving today with the tartan army. Jealous.

The chairmans desperate to sell, so has loosened the purse strings and allowed the high earners previously frozen out (Hutton, N'Zogia, Bent) to play regardless of cost as he wants to make Villa as attractive as possible to potential buyers.

Villa weren't not selecting Hutton because he wasn't good enough, otherwise why is he playing now. His contract stipulated a much improved one would be taken up after a number of first team appearances. This would cost Villa millions, this was when they were signing players from lower divisions on much lower wages in order to reduce the obscene spending O'Neill had done.

I don't think you understand that playing fullbacks as wingers is complete idiocy. He hasn't played there at club level, why don't we try Kirk Broadfoot as a striker while we are at it.

ETA: spelling

Idiocy? To try something in a friendly? No problem caveman. Let's not try anything different then.

I think Hutton has done pretty well for Scotland recently. If Robertson was available, Scotland could put out a half decent 3-5-2, seeing as its come back in fashion. Mulgrew could play the sweeper role.

-----------------McGregor--------------------

-----Martin------Mulgrew------Hanley

Hutton--------Fletcher---------Robertson

------------Brown------McArthur-----------

------------------Naismith--------------------

------------------Fletcher-------------------

Euro championship winning team that. As it is, with Robertson and Brown out, its going to be Naismith up front on his own. Steven Fletcher out and bring in Morrison, Bannan and probably Maloney. Would prefer to see Craig Forsyth and Craig Bryson get a chance, and Johnny Russell must be worth a call up seeing as he can play out wide or through the middle.

Idiocy? To try something in a friendly? No problem caveman. Let's not try anything different then.

Why on earth would you play someone out of position and in an area where we have depth, in a friendly?

Friendlies should be used for blooding new players, formations and tactics. If Hutton was as flexible as you seem to imagine, then would you not think throughout his club career a manager might have tried it rather than his International manager at the age of 29?

You have a bizarre idea of forward thinking.

Honest to f**k. I know I go on but are all Rangers fans absolute fucking idiots??? I mean surely surely surely they can see that a guy who's been playing in the lower leagues of Scotland for the past 3 seasons and has looked pretty average in the SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP should not be playing against the fucking World Champions of football? Come on tae f**k QOTS one week to Thomas Muller the next are they fucking stupid???

Genuinely canna even be arsed, what did Scotland do to deserve these muppets?

Apologies to any sane Rangers fan reading this. (If they exist)

:(

Robertston was lower league then one season with utd when he played for scotland so your point is crap about wallace

Robertston was lower league then one season with utd when he played for scotland so your point is crap about wallace

Robertson has only been anywhere near the Scotland team since he was playing great football at Dundee United and now for Hull. He's also been playing extremely good football unlike Wallace who hasn't been anything special in the Championship so far or really over the past few years.

I think Hutton has done pretty well for Scotland recently. If Robertson was available, Scotland could put out a half decent 3-5-2, seeing as its come back in fashion. Mulgrew could play the sweeper role.

-----------------McGregor--------------------

-----Martin------Mulgrew------Hanley

Hutton--------Fletcher---------Robertson

------------Brown------McArthur-----------

------------------Naismith--------------------

------------------Fletcher-------------------

Euro championship winning team that. As it is, with Robertson and Brown out, its going to be Naismith up front on his own. Steven Fletcher out and bring in Morrison, Bannan and probably Maloney. Would prefer to see Craig Forsyth and Craig Bryson get a chance, and Johnny Russell must be worth a call up seeing as he can play out wide or through the middle.

Getting Scotland's weakest position which is centre-half and playing as many centre halves as possible, whilst getting Scotland's strongest position of attacking midfield and playing only one of them.

Inspirational stuff.

Getting Scotland's weakest position which is centre-half and playing as many centre halves as possible, whilst getting Scotland's strongest position of attacking midfield and playing only one of them.

Inspirational stuff.

Put Naismith up top with Maloney in behind him if you want another attacking mid in there. Although players like Morrison and Bannan are decent, I dont think they are worth building a whole team around. Morrison especially hasnt offered enough as an attacking threat for Scotland.

We are weak at CH, thats why 3 in there might help to shore it up.

Certainly worked for Man United.

Admitted. Their players certainly havent adapted to it and theres no guarantee Scotland would either, however, I think it would help that we look to play more of a counter attacking system in more games. Liverpool used it well last year, with more teams in the EPL looking to copy Holland this season.

Im not suggesting we should go for it against Germany, but would like to see it given a go in a friendly.

Really? Go and stick a list up of United and Aberdeen players who have been capped in competitive games in the last 10 years to back up your theory.

Levein was certainly keener to call up United players because he knew them but dont think other managers have looked on us more favourably in recent years than other teams.

Shinnie's a decent player who I would like United to have signed to replace Robertson but think hes a wee bit off an international call up. Certainly Robertson and Forsyth should be shoe-ins ahead of him.

Why on earth would you play someone out of position and in an area where we have depth, in a friendly?

Friendlies should be used for blooding new players, formations and tactics. If Hutton was as flexible as you seem to imagine, then would you not think throughout his club career a manager might have tried it rather than his International manager at the age of 29?

You have a bizarre idea of forward thinking.

And you have an ego that suggests only your thought processes are correct and others are idiocy - there's a name for that self appreciation and arrogance , but it slips my mind for the moment.

And you have an ego that suggests only your thought processes are correct and others are idiocy - there's a name for that self appreciation and arrogance , but it slips my mind for the moment.

I hope you see the irony in this post

Archived