Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next page I make a smart arsed comment about how three at the back is an idiots formations and "theres a reason its virtually extinct". 12 months on and its the "trend" formation everyones implementing :lol:

Heheh, give it another 12 months and it'll look like a sagely observation ;)

You don't know that.

1 decent finish against Barcelona doesn't make a player. He couldn't get a game ahead of Teemu Pukki. Says it all really.

Sorry bud but that's nonsense to say about a young player with a solid

goalscoring return.

Is his goalscoring that solid though? He's scored 19 goals in 60 professional games since 2010 for 4 senior clubs (Airdrie, Celtic, Lierse & Standard Liege). I'm as passionate for our national side as the next person and would love it if he proved me wrong but I genuinely do not get the hype surrounding him at all.

Sorry bud but that's nonsense to say about a young player with a solid goalscoring return.

Agreed, he's been a bit of a tool going by press reports, but he's 20 and playing abroad after a million pound + deal. We would be crazy to write him off.

I think his point was that in this moment of time Watt shouldn't be considered for the senior side. Doubt many folk would argue with that tbh, he's still pretty unproven at any level. His career could go any way at the moment, the raw talents there though

• 1 month later...

For me Hutton is a bomb scare at defending. He is decent going forward but is quite lazy tracking back. You will regularly see the attacker get goal side of him. I would like to see him play one forward and have someone like Bardsley or Martin behind him.

This, except I now withdraw the suggestion about moving him forward.

Archived