Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bad night? We only lost 2 goals vs the world champions, scored a great goal vs the world champions. Georgia are not out of it. There is plenty games still to be played. Yes it was a good result for Ireland i suppose.

Remember Scotland were 5th favorites to win the group? Germany, Poland, Ireland, Georgia are above us/ Or are we 4th faves i can't rememer.

What? Scotland are currently ranked 28th, Poland 61st, Republic of Ireland 66th and Georgia 95th. We should be finishing 2nd in this group, 3rd at worst.

Not Whittaker's biggest fan by any stretch but I don't remember him putting much of a foot wrong last night considering the opposition.

Caught out of position once or twice but overall a solid performance. Not a fan of his either but credit where it's due.

I caught the second half last night and I thought the lads done us proud as fcuk, I was so ecstatic when Anya stuck the ball past the Germans. :D

2-1 defeat at the hands of the World Champions in their own back yard ain't too shabby for the Scots, everyone in the group will now take us seriously.

Strachan has done a damn fine job of restoring our footballing pride.

Does anyone think Marshall could have done better for the first? If he steps back instead of diving straight away I reckon he could have kept it out relatively easily.

No chance, it was a perfect header had the right amount of power and accuracy. No keeper would have saved that imo.

Too many folk basiing their expectations on fifa and football manager. Yesterday we (a team who havent qualified for anything since 1998) had the world champions reeling and scared for a while. An excellent platform and an excellent confidence boost going into the rest of the campaign. Exciting times but claiming we should be nailed on for 2nd is ludicrous. The rankings mean little and we were seeded 4th when the draw was made

Too many folk basiing their expectations on fifa and football manager. Yesterday we (a team who havent qualified for anything since 1998) had the world champions reeling and scared for a while. An excellent platform and an excellent confidence boost going into the rest of the campaign. Exciting times but claiming we should be nailed on for 2nd is ludicrous. The rankings mean little and we were seeded 4th when the draw was made

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?

Someone definitely shat in your handbag this morning.

It appears to work for Fat Salary in the Championship for the time being. craphead2.gif

Strangely enough we were seeded 4th because of, yes, meaningless rankings. If they mean little now then our 4th seeding meant little then. We underachieved hugely under Levein, a catastrophic failure of a manager who instilled a negative mindset into a half decent squad, stripping them of their confidence. Strachan has restored belief to the Scotland team and has set us up to play to our strengths. Under Levein avoiding defeat was generally the summit of our aspirations, during his tenure we'd have been lucky to scrape 4th. Under Strachan we can, and probably should, qualify. There is no basis for over-confidence, but severely diminished expectations are for the past.

What? Scotland are currently ranked 28th, Poland 61st, Republic of Ireland 66th and Georgia 95th. We should be finishing 2nd in this group, 3rd at worst.

I take it your new to the "FIFA world Ranking System" ? This world ranking system, was and still is a retarded system. Do not take these rankings seriously youngster. Current example - Switzerland are 9th in this silly system, whereas England are 20th ) England are shit and they still managed to beat a shit switzerland team. So Poland, Ireland and us would all fancy our chances against the swiss.

Why? Qualifying for Euro 16 under the current system should be about a 50/50 shot from this group.

But Germany, Poland and Ireland are all rated better than us, Because we were drawn from POT 4.

I take it your new to the "FIFA world Ranking System" ? This world ranking system, was and still is a retarded system. Do not take these rankings seriously youngster. Current example - Switzerland are 9th in this silly system, whereas England are 20th ) England are shit and they still managed to beat a shit switzerland team. So Poland, Ireland and us would all fancy our chances against the swiss.

Simpleton found.

Justify how in any way, Poland or Ireland would fancy their chances against the Swiss, and how the Swiss are 'shit'?

Bollocks. I also recognise that we were lucky as f**k to go to half-time only 1 down last night.

I may be overly-optimistic but I loved the fact that we had a right go at Germany in the 2nd half and scored easily the best goal of the game.

Sure we are not a nail-on for 2nd but we are perfectly capable of 2nd if we continue as we're doing.

Simpleton found.

Justify how in any way, Poland or Ireland would fancy their chances against the Swiss, and how the Swiss are 'shit'?

Switzerland are so high up in the rankings because they had an easy world cup 2014 qualifying group.

Poland = Szczesny, Lewandowski

Ireland = Coleman, Brady, McCarthy, McGeady, Keane

You just don't get overly ambitious about Scotland wee man, you will end up unhappy.

Scotland are not better than Ireland at this present moment. Will also be tough vs Poland.

Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart

I'm so in love with you

I'll be forever blue!!

That you give me no

That you give me no

That you give me no

That you give me no SOUL!

Oh baby pleaseeeeeeeee

Give a little respect

toooooo meeee!!

Most random and possibly gay chant i've heard haha.

Train from dortmund to stadium in general was cracking atmosphere though.

Everyone in tartan army was on top form and when you have World Champs wasting time you know you're doing ok :thumsup2 . Hate the glorious failure tag but this was one time i'll probably accept it reallly was!

Why are people even mentioning the game of catch up this early? Unless scotland in a group with every team being fucking amazing, the other sides will drop really stupid points. A loss against the world champions in this scenario means just that. It's Scotland's games against the teams around them which will make the difference.

Many of the sides have good individuals, but ultimately, they aren't actually terrific teams. I certainly don't see much that Scotland should fear. Certainly full points at Hampden against those sides should be minimum and is certainly achievable. The away games... obviously a bit more of a risk, but again I wonder, what is there to fear? If Scotland can hold their own against Germany for the most part, what do they have to fear from the likes of Poland and Ireland? Not much.

Scotland have a good unit which is capable of causing the very best sides problems. Second place is more than some wee hope. It's a realistic aim.

Why are people even mentioning the game of catch up this early? Unless scotland in a group with every team being fucking amazing, the other sides will drop really stupid points. A loss against the world champions in this scenario means just that. It's Scotland's games against the teams around them which will make the difference.

Many of the sides have good individuals, but ultimately, they aren't actually terrific teams. I certainly don't see much that Scotland should fear. Certainly full points at Hampden against those sides should be minimum and is certainly achievable. The away games... obviously a bit more of a risk, but again I wonder, what is there to fear? If Scotland can hold their own against Germany for the most part, what do they have to fear from the likes of Poland and Ireland? Not much.

Scotland have a good unit which is capable of causing the very best sides problems. Second place is more than some wee hope. It's a realistic aim.

People should also bare in mind that should Scotland come third and end up in a playoffs, their chances of winning the playoffs are much higher than before. Previously the automatic qualifiers would all be top bracket sides, with some world beating teams slipping into second and therefore the playoffs. I'd expect all the very good sides to finish in the top two of what are weaker groups than normal. For Scotland to come third and get the types of nations they've played in previous playoffs like The Netherlands or even England would be unbelievably bad luck.

FWIW Scotland could also come third and automatically qualify, but I highly doubt that as I'd expect that to go to a group where there's three evenly matched teams at the top and three weaker teams, unlike this group which will have Germany take points off everyone and 2nd-4th all taking points off each other too. Whoever comes third out of Russia, Sweden and Austria will take that IMO.

Archived