Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what world is Fletcher ever ahead of Naismith in the pecking order?

The world of 12 months ago, when folk scoffed at the very idea of Naismith being the lone striker.

Naismith worked hard the other night, but wasn't really ever going to get too much joy out if the Germany defence. His ballooned shot is still annoying me but still, the jersey is his as he's currently the best of the unconvincing bunch of strikers in the pool.

Fletcher might have got more change out if the Germany defence (aerially in particular) had he started, but he has to fight to get his place back.

I don't even think anyone suggested Naismith as a lone striker 12 months ago, let alone being scoffed at. Theres been lots of changes such as Hanley and Martin confirming themselves as starters. 18 months ago, no one would have thought that.

Presently Fletcher is behind Naismith.

I don't even think anyone suggested Naismith as a lone striker 12 months ago, let alone being scoffed at. Theres been lots of changes such as Hanley and Martin confirming themselves as starters. 18 months ago, no one would have thought that.

Presently Fletcher is behind Naismith.

Ahem...call me petty, but 1 year and 3 days ago

Pick the guys to fit the system to an extent, but picking a guy playing against Shrewsbury and Crawley Town is stretching that too far. Where would you draw the line? I can't help but feel those on the outside, not brainwashed with Scotland's recent fascination with the fruitless lone-furrow approach, would look at our squad and see we were starting with LG and think wtf?

I think LG can become a rounded and effective Scotland striker in time, but he simply needs ot be playing at a higher level.

McCormack, Naismith or Mackie to start up front before Griffiths every time.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/205572-macedonia-v-scotland/page-3?hl=+naismith%20+macedonia

The next page I make a smart arsed comment about how three at the back is an idiots formations and "theres a reason its virtually extinct". 12 months on and its the "trend" formation everyones implementing :lol:

Archived