England v Norway

1320Lichtie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a wee bit more Tyldesley/Townsend seethe. They were giving this side the big licks on Talk Sport tonight so would make tomorrow's drive home pretty funny aswell.

Apart from Sterling/Sturridge and Rooney when he can be arsed I have to say I'm not too fearful.

Cheeky as f**k there saying 'England almost embarrassed' cause Norway had a chance...

Watching Germany v Argentina instead. The commentators are talking about Argentina getting revenge as though winning a meaningless friendly is anywhere near winning the World Cup final.

Likewise it seems to be a 'see how many English teams we can talk about' competition - they have even managed to mention Di Maria playing against Burnley!

How long have Norway worn this strip for? I feel as if I remember watching us lose to them in it in some ill-fated qualifying match.

Was that the 4-0 embarrassment from about 5 years ago? IIRC the fucking Caldwell brothers were our starting centre backs!

Watching Germany v Argentina instead. The commentators are talking about Argentina getting revenge as though winning a meaningless friendly is anywhere near winning the World Cup final.

Likewise it seems to be a 'see how many English teams we can talk about' competition - they have even managed to mention Di Maria playing against Burnley!

What channel is that on? I'd watch it too but genuinely wouldn't want to miss a rolling about the floor laughing moment if Norway score and Tyldesley bursts into tears.

What channel is that on? I'd watch it too but genuinely wouldn't want to miss a rolling about the floor laughing moment if Norway score and Tyldesley bursts into tears.

It's on BT - Germany have a bit of a second string side so it's not as great as it might be. 1-0 Argentina so far.

How long have Norway worn this strip for? I feel as if I remember watching us lose to them in it in some ill-fated qualifying match.

They've had it since 2012.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/12/13-Kits/norway-2012-2013-umbro-home-a-away-football-shirts.html

Still a pretty decent attendance. Does look silly half full. They said they have to play there to get the debt paid off!

Yup, I think it's the fourth most expensive stadium ever built, so the FA need to host absolutely everything there to balance the books. It's the national team though, we should at least be playing some of the friendlies around the country. And I say this as someone who goes to England games at Wembley quite a bit.

Rooney looks quite out of place, to me. Sturridge/Sterling and Chamberlain/Wilshere and continuously linking up in the final third with quick one-twos and bursts into space while he wobbles about like a spare part

Rooney looks quite out of place, to me. Sturridge/Sterling and Chamberlain/Wilshere and continuously linking up in the final third with quick one-twos and bursts into space while he wobbles about like a spare part

He's fucking shite compared to what he was like he's good technically but not got that burst of pace and bulldog nature he used to have. Look at the difference between the career of him and Ronaldo since say 2008. Ones turned into a tank and the others turned into a petty moany sluggish c**t. Imagine Rooney had put in the same work as Ronaldo physically what a player he'd be.

England full of so called emerging world class individual talent but yet can't gel as a team !, it would appear that they aren't as good at national level than at club level without all the foreign superstars making them look better than they really are.

I'd like to see the Rooney that plays for Man Utd play for England occasionally. He also demonstrates why we shouldn't have a designated 'England Captain'. We don't have anyone good enough to justify the undroppable status that being captain brings. We should just give it to whoever is the highest capped player in any one game.

It also doesn't help that Hodgson has picked a decent team in the wrong system.

Archived