All things Dundee FC

Does anyone have a number for Hartley? He seems to think that if clearance arrives for O'Dea before tomorrow, he'll be able to play.

But cup rules mean only those eligible when the tie was originally meant to be played can play.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-boss-paul-hartley-reveals-new-signing-would-not-have-played-at-the-weekend-1.918897

I'm pretty sure the club would be aware of the rules...????...possibly the definition of eligible is the question? He was eligible to play subject to international clearance - not suspended or cup-tied. It would seem wrong to stop a guy playing through an administrative matter that was cleared up by the time the game was played. Then again, this is Scottish football!

Saw on Facebook that Nicky Law won't be getting a new contract at Ibrox.

Can't decide if he would be a good signing or not but we should sign him regardless, purely so that we can confuse everyone by having Law, Low and Loy in the starting 11...

He looked good for Motherwell and then did well in the diddy leagues. He's been anonymous this season as far as I know and the fact that a shite team like rangers don't want to keep him on probably tells us all we need to know.

He looked good for Motherwell and then did well in the diddy leagues. He's been anonymous this season as far as I know and the fact that a shite team like rangers don't want to keep him on probably tells us all we need to know.

Pretty much what was putting me off. There is definitely a player in there but would probably turn out like a Nick Ross.

There have been a few mentions that we might be interested, we're certainly short in centre midfield at the moment. Having taken a quick look at RangersMedia for some LOLZ it'd seem that the opposite of what you're suggesting is true; their issue seems to be he was anonymous in the seaside leagues and an imposter under Sally but has come on to a game and has been one of their better players under Warburton.

I'm pretty sure the club would be aware of the rules......possibly the definition of eligible is the question? He was eligible to play subject to international clearance - not suspended or cup-tied. It would seem wrong to stop a guy playing through an administrative matter that was cleared up by the time the game was played. Then again, this is Scottish football!

If a player doesn't have international clearance, they're not registered. Not registered = ineligible.

Can't really see the point in this spanish striker we're supposedly after. Surely up front is the only position we don't need to strengthen?

If we're going to concede 4 goals a game we're going to have to score 5. I've no idea who your talking about but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's an excellent addition to the striking team.