All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

In other news, I've been having a think.

This year, I'd like to do something a little different to make some money for the club. Until this morning, I was thinking I'd illustrate (properly) and print some posters of famous Dee's... potentially from our Hall of Fame. Maybe one every season, then do it as a long-term thing. But then, this morning, I had a brainwave. Or a stroke. I'm not sure which as of yet.

My idea is this: let's communally design some scarfs, get them printed and sell them online to the various busses and supporter clubs. I'm thinking along the lines of 'No DABS at Dens', 'Willo Flood, Goblin Princess' or 'Jim Duffy shagged your gran'.

These would cost approx £250 for 50 (about a fiver each) and sold at a tenner each, with the profits going to the club. I'd rather have a bit of fun with it this year, rather than simply sponsoring a player. Plus, I'd like to see the Derry lined with 'Simon Murray, Ginger Loser', etc.

Thoughts?

You_Doodle_2017-06-08T21_55_32Z.jpg

Edited by DEEJANGO
Mistake

11 hours ago, DEEJANGO said:

You_Doodle_2017-06-08T21_55_32Z.jpg

A perfect start.

We can do these as limited editions, with this one being; 'The DEEJANGO GIRFUY Wagner Special Edition' of 50.

I'll build a website to sell them on. Reckon a tenner is a fair price?

ETA:

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fucking Arab b*****ds. Get it round you.

Thank you.

Is this a scarf idea, NDD?

Thank you

Edited by LiamDFC

Always remember some good T-Shirts being sold outside Dens in the Bonetti days. Would pay decent money for the "Dun Coke, Dun Time, Dundee" one now.

Still wear mine regularly. Its incredibly good quality for 'knock off' goods.

20 plus points [emoji38]. Hope you can narrow that down to a respectable 15 next season, love Tam.

Being 15 points behind a Mickey mouse outfit like St Johnstone will never be respectable..

I'm embarrassed by this situation despite the fact it's a small blip in history .

Love bobby

21 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

A perfect start.

We can do these as limited editions, with this one being; 'The DEEJANGO GIRFUY Wagner Special Edition' of 50.

I'll build a website to sell them on. Reckon a tenner is a fair price?

ETA:

Is this a scarf idea, NDD?

Thank you

Aye get some templates made up Liam we can vote for our favourite.

£10 more than fair with profits going to the club.....fans will lap it up should sell no problem. 

I see the Tully says that Spittal might come over from United. I've looked on the Tadgerine forum and they don't think he's very good. Funnily enough he's scored crackers against us.
Changed days when we lost Dixon, Robertson and Wilkie to our neighbours. Another indicator that the Blue side is on the ascendancy.

4 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I see the Tully says that Spittal might come over from United. I've looked on the Tadgerine forum and they don't think he's very good. Funnily enough he's scored crackers against us.
Changed days when we lost Dixon, Robertson and Wilkie to our neighbours. Another indicator that the Blue side is on the ascendancy.

The dayglo in my work reckons its a done deal.

NO DAB's AT DENS McCann.

Thank you.

Stunned NDD has the hard neck to show his face again after he decided to stop supporting Dundee last season

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So what's this about McNamara being linked as assistant to McCann?

It's been a rumour for a wee while. They are apparently good friends and there are a few articles documenting their relationship as McNamara tried to take McCann to Thistle and they did some coaching together. McCann also did some informal coaching at United a couple of seasons back under McNamara as manager.

No idea how true it is if he's genuinely in the frame but we've also had ex St Johnstone defender, Graham Gartland linked with the post and McNamara is also still in a post at York so that reduces the probability of it happening. Increasing the chances are links to ex goalkeeper Kyle Letheren who is at York with McNamara now. It may just be somebody coming across the friendship articles and just 2 + 2 = 5 and I think the press reported it because they read it on here.

I'm probably in a minority but I don't really care much tbh. I know his reputation has tanked but I don't personally know what he's like as a person or how good he'd be as a member of the coaching staff (you get lot's of managers who end up being failures but are regarded as very good coaches) so I don't feel well placed to really judge. It would piss off a lot of our support and become a big issue every time we hit a bad run so from that stand point, it'd be a distraction which is a negative but then I also think McCann should get to appoint whoever he wants.