All things Dundee FC

Reckon the papers made the classic Dundee and Dundee United = same club mistake but even if they didn't that truly is a bullet dodged. Happier with that than I am him signing for us.

The only thing Scobbie had going for him was that he was versatile enough to cover a few positions. He wouldn't have broke into our first 11. It's definitely a bullet dodged, we need to be bringing in quality that can improve the first team.

The only thing Scobbie had going for him was that he was versatile enough to cover a few positions. He wouldn't have broke into our first 11. It's definitely a bullet dodged, we need to be bringing in quality that can improve the first team.

Like a 21 year old german who has never played a game?

21 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just thinking of the pennies. He was wanted by teams before. Get him sold before he goes for zero. Or get him some buddies so he can perform better.

Either way eh want something done about it.

Any youth players to break into the team next season or they all shite?

In other news;

St Mirren will face dundee in a friendly at the Paisley 2021 Stadium on the 4th of July

Probably why Nelms flew to Spain, checked with Jack Ross to see if he fancied playing a friendly with us that day and then a night on the hookers and ching.

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

It's the 'no hard feelings' friendly. Probably lined up as part of the Loy deal. 

It was part of the deal to stop us pursuing Jack Ross.

We hosted Man City in 2014 for similar reasons.

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Like a 21 year old german who has never played a game?

Cannae believe you're away on holiday but still found time to be posting nonsense on the Dundee pages. 

The family doing your nut in pal?

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It does make sense that we would have offered you a glamour friendly to smooth things over. 

Yes, that backfired somewhat. It would be a bit strange us offering you a glamour friendly to stop us pursuing your manager.

Coffee time, methinks. 

11 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yes, that backfired somewhat. It would be a bit strange us offering you a glamour friendly to stop us pursuing your manager.

Coffee time, methinks. 

It doesn't make a lot of sense, tbf. You leave our manager alone, we (hopefully) take Loy off your hands, and you come to us for a game, too.

TBH, it's almost certainly that the clubs have been in contact a lot over the summer, you got your first choice man in charge, we kept ours, so everyone's happy and we can all just move on with our lives. Oh, and fancy a warm-up game while we're at it?

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense, tbf. You leave our manager alone, we (hopefully) take Loy off your hands, and you come to us for a game, too.

TBH, it's almost certainly that the clubs have been in contact a lot over the summer, you got your first choice man in charge, we kept ours, so everyone's happy and we can all just move on with our lives. Oh, and fancy a warm-up game while we're at it?

We also want you to be ready for the Arabs and if that means training you up a bit I am all for it, we don't leave anything to chance football wise at Dundee, we might be shit at winning cups and let's face it we are crap with money but we have recently worked out after a long time trying how to hurt those Dayglo c***s and you are now part of the plan.

Don't f**k it up.

One thing that always amazes me about Scottish football is the lack of links with other (foreign) clubs. Were we not meant to have some kind of link with AC Milan, Ajax and an English team (can't remember who)? Surely we must have contacts across the leagues and they'd be willing to put players on loan? I suppose we tried that with Ricardo Calder, but there's got to be more out there. I hope McCann can bring in some good loan signings this season, as the bank account appears to be em— HURRY UP AND SACK TOM HATELEY.

Sorry, I don't know where that came from, but I'm going to leave it there. Feels wrong deleting it.

Thank you.

The lack of business so far could be a good sign imo. I always liked Hartley but I always thought he was a bit rash when it came to signings, he would sign players just for the sake of it. It's obvious that McCann knows the squad needs strengthened but looks to me as if he is making sure he brings in the right people. Give it time, it's only mid June.