All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Premiership clubs will each receive a £370,000 solidarity payment from UEFA following Celtic's CL group stage qualification last term.

Good bit of money

Not enough money though. How much are Celtic getting?  10 - 15 million for qualification alone? We're being thrown the crumbs.

Celtic fans will argue - why should we be made to pay for our success? They'll then complain about the lack of competition in the league after being pumped 5-0 by PSG while they jeer fellow Scottish sides for their failings in Europe. Complete hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Better than f**k all. Our biggest fee received in quite a while for doing nothing bar be in the league. That will do

That's right G-Man. You peck away at those crumbs. Thank goodness for Celtic for everything you are doing for us! We are so grateful for these crumbs! 

Better than f**k all. Our biggest fee received in quite a while for doing nothing bar be in the league. That will do

Shame it has to be spent entirely on the youth squad, while Celtic get to spend their £10m on anything

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shame it has to be spent entirely on the youth squad, while Celtic get to spend their £10m on anything

I hate Celtic as much as anyone, but they've got that far in the tournament while everyone else has done f**k all. They can spend their money however the f**k they like.

Thank you.

bizarre arguments over that UEFA money. Its not as if Parkheid drew up the payment rules. Im amazed UEFA bothered given out money to anyone that isnt in the CL. Even with big money Celtic have decent runs and other seasons when they are gubbed. We can all celebrate the season coming sometime where we get f**k all. That will be magic.

I hate Celtic as much as anyone, but they've got that far in the tournament while everyone else has done f**k all. They can spend their money however the f**k they like.
Thank you.

I know. I'm hardly going to thank them for it though, it just makes the gap wider without actually helping us that much.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ian Murray is apparently away to be appointed as our 'Head of Academy'. Does this mean Jimmy Boyle is leaving? What's the difference in the roles?

The website says that interviews will be November & December so I'd doubt it'd be that imminent tbh, even if he does seem a really good candidate (I'm sure other teams will be thinking as well).

On the website, the Head of Academy is technically meant to be in charge of 16-20s but the Head of Professional Programme will manage the 20s. Another full time role below that for under 16s and then a sports scientist. There's certainly space to bring an outsider like Murray in but then also formally appoint Boyle and McPake to take these vacancies.

Edited by harry94

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

The website says that interviews will be November & December so I'd doubt it'd be that imminent tbh, even if he does seem a really good candidate (I'm sure other teams will be thinking as well).

On the website, the Head of Academy is technically meant to be in charge of 16-20s but the Head of Professional Programme will manage the 20s. Another full time role below that for under 16s and then a sports scientist. There's certainly space to bring an outsider like Murray in but then also formally appoint Boyle and McPake to take these vacancies.

I'm guessing Boyle and McPake must be in the frame for them anyway since we didn't let Falkirk speak to them + providing he didn't unsettle things too much Ian Murray would be a cracking addition tho

Bobby Conner and Gavin Rea are the only 2 Scottish midfielders I can remember getting a  call up while actually playing for us.  Big fan of Gavin - industrious type, with a great engine. He would do well in our current team.
Strachen is the best we have had since the 60's, but even though he was my hero as a kid, he never made an impact until he left us.  Same with McCann. You could argue that both were more wingers though, than real midfielders. 
Wieghorst for me above McDonald. 

Bobby Connor only got called up when he went to Aberdeen.

On 18/10/2017 at 12:33, RandomGuy. said:

Just reduce youth development fund by amount awarded by UEFA.  Then reallocate the saved amount to wherever you like. Simple, thank you. 

Edited by jagfox99