All things Dundee FC

Typical Celtic biscuit tin mentality. Different story when they are selling one of their players to England though. Wanting top dough. p***ks

You only really get top dollar when an EPL club are interested as they are ones with cash to burn Im afraid. IMO he will go for 7 figure sum but only just. He does have potential but he is 22 now and couldnt get a game for Wigan, another reason why you wont get 'top dough'.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Arent you grateful though that they have taken the time to educate some Scottish diddies on how the transfer market works in the big bad world?

Surely you will now petition McCann to accept Celtics first offer and thank them for their generosity?

Yes, I think we've all learned that us diddy clubs just need to sit down and eat our cereal. 

8 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Liam Lindsay was younger, better and in most people's team of the year last season and in the summer he netted Partick Thistle  £350k

how on earth is Jack Hendry worth 4-5 times what Lindsay was? You bring up Boyata, but he had played in the premier league, eredivise and had been called up for the Belgium national team before his move to us.

Is that why you're asking £30m for Dembele, who's only scored in the "diddy" Scottish top flight and a few CL games, while Roma are asking £25m for a proven goalscorer in Dzeko? 

Or are you going to spout some shite about "potential" being worth an extra £15m in a market obsessed with instant impact? Worth remembering Juventus only paid £9.5m for one of the highest rated young players in world football. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Buy Liam Lindsay then.  If Hendry is as shite as you're implying why does your boss want to buy him?

Hes apparently going for 6 million now so that might be why we aren't interested.

Celtic fans telling folk to be grateful for what they get as they try to lowball another Scottish team[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Not telling anybody to be grateful just to be realistic. At the end of the day if they think they can get more in the summer then they can just say no again to the next bid.

FFS.

The worst thing about this Hendry mini-saga is attracting the fucking vermin to our thread. 

Unfortunately Dundee fans tend to be the thickest lot in the top league so don't make stupid statements about other teams and their players and not expect a response.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Not telling anybody to be greatful just to be realistic. At the end of the day if they think they can get more in the summer then they can just say no again to the next bid.

Unfortunately Dundee fans tend to be the thickest lot in the top league so don't make stupid statements about other teams and their players and not expect a response.

Hmmmm.

Is that why you're asking £30m for Dembele, who's only scored in the "diddy" Scottish top flight and a few CL games, while Roma are asking £25m for a proven goalscorer in Dzeko?  

Strange that you have given Dzeko as an example who is about a decade older than him surely. Also if 30 million came along Lawell would accept once he had changed his now spunk stained pants.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Strange that you have given Dzeko as an example who is about a decade older than him surely. Also if 30 million came along Lawell would accept once he had changed his now spunk stained pants.

Because you're trying to get £30m off the likes of Chelsea for Dembele, clubs like Chelsea don't want to sign strikers who'll not hit the ground running straight away. The market you're trying to sell too doesn't value potential, so you're putting Dembele straight up against the likes of Dzeko, but you're wanting more for less. 

That's why absolutely nobody has any interest in him, apart from desperate dross like Brighton, and why you'll be stuck with him sulking for six months before you sell him for much less than you wanted. 

Liam Lindsay was younger, better and in most people's team of the year last season and in the summer he netted Partick Thistle  £350k
how on earth is Jack Hendry worth 4-5 times what Lindsay was? You bring up Boyata, but he had played in the premier league, eredivise and had been called up for the Belgium national team before his move to us.

Liam Lindsay is now going for £6m. Jack Hendry is also better imo.

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Kincardine alias found.

I'll take that as a compliment from an utter loser who somehow managed to get banned off the back of a Celtic v Dundee match thread :lol:

Was it homophobic chat you were banned for? I forget the details. 

Because you're trying to get £30m off the likes of Chelsea for Dembele, clubs like Chelsea don't want to sign strikers who'll not hit the ground running straight away. The market you're trying to sell too doesn't value potential.

Deary me. You mention Chelsea who are being investigated again and face a ban for tapping up youngsters, and are now making millions most seasons off buying 'potential'. Why would they take these risks if they didnt value potential. He wont go to Chelsea or anywhere for 30 million I agree, but I wouldnt be suprised to see him go for 20. Feel free to keep reading whatever red top that is claiming these prices though and feel warranted when he goes for less than the speculated value.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not at all, I called bennet a nonce believing it was a slang/prison term for grass, turns out it also means sexual predator, particularly paedophile , neither of which are homophobic. A poor choice of insult on my behalf, but no harm done.

:lol:

Not at all, I called bennet a nonce believing it was a slang/prison term for grass, turns out it also means sexual predator, particularly paedophile , neither of which are homophobic. A poor choice of insult on my behalf, but no harm done.

[emoji23] [emoji23] . Just go .

The whole Liam Lindsay argument to devalue Hendry is pish. It comes down to what he's worth as a player to the club and we all know the financial implications behind relegation and how much we'd spend to replace him a couple of times and inevitably get it wrong.

For what it's worth, I think Thistle got absolutely shafted. The market has fallen in Scotland disproportionately while teams down south get richer and richer.

I know there's the whole 'they'll leave for nothing' issue but I think it'd be better if teams banded together and just simply took that hit. Six months of Jack Hendry could potentially be worth millions to us if he's the difference in keeping us up (and we don't score many so I'd say it could be). Instantly, even our whole stadium project and club structure is at a much greater risk if we do go down.

Celtic have the wealth to easily get into seven figures if they view the guy as a reasonable addition to their first team squad and that would represent good value for money when wages are considered. If they don't think he's good enough to fulfill that role then it's probably not the best move for his career anyway.