All things Dundee FC

35 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

We've avoided signing Gardyne, phew:thumsup2

Where are you seeing that btw? Can't see anything online about him signing for anyone - just a link to a couple of articles about him performing a 'sex act' in the county changing rooms... :blink:

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Where are you seeing that btw? Can't see anything online about him signing for anyone - just a link to a couple of articles about him performing a 'sex act' in the county changing rooms... :blink:

He's extended his contract with County for another year. I make that at least one paper story that is a lot of shite and two signings they've not had a sniff at. 

6 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Saw an article online saying he signed a contract extension at Ross County, will try find it

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

He's extended his contract with County for another year. I make that at least one paper story that is a lot of shite and two signings they've not had a sniff at. 

Thank f**k for that no DAB wankers at Dens

Rumour going about Charlie Adam is negotiating his release from Stoke 

Also.. 

Be interesting to see if this comes to anything, seeing as no journalist has come close to a signing yet. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Much as I'd like to think we could get Adam he was whoring himself out to the Rangers when Stevie G was announced so I'd imagine he'll be hoping to get a big pay day playing for them tbh

The Macauley Bonne rumour is more like the type of signings McCann has gone for though so I'd be interested in seeing if it has any substance - I'd almost rule it out since it's come from the press though

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rumour going about Charlie Adam is negotiating his release from Stoke 

Also.. 

Be interesting to see if this comes to anything, seeing as no journalist has come close to a signing yet. 

Bonne was amazing for me on FM a few year back. Comes with my recommendation. 

That's the most "McCann like" rumour I've seen so far from the media. Lower league, decent record last season, young and hungry. 

He will, however, command a fee and if there's football league teams in for him I think that fee would be around 250k. If McCann really does want him I'm sure something could be worked out. Hopefully we see the signing emoji again this week. Although, with the pitch being ripped up the pictures won't look too great. 

28 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

That's the most "McCann like" rumour I've seen so far from the media. Lower league, decent record last season, young and hungry. 

He will, however, command a fee and if there's football league teams in for him I think that fee would be around 250k. If McCann really does want him I'm sure something could be worked out. Hopefully we see the signing emoji again this week. Although, with the pitch being ripped up the pictures won't look too great. 

If we rake in substantial transfer fees to add to the Hendry money with Caulker & Kamara going - £250k, if that is a fair ballpark figure which I think it is, seems obtainable and a good way to signal to the fans that the playing squad is being invested in but it'd still be quite a big gamble on one player. There would be a lot of pressure on the guy to succeed. It'll very interesting to see if any bid is indeed made.

We've got Haber, Faissal and Wolters on the books who I don't think contribute anything (not that the rest of the squad is great but I think that they aren't in favour). That's maybe £150k in wages alone for the season. I think if we manage to get a good chunk of that taken up elsewhere, it could maybe give us a shot to go out and sign a player like this in a well-balanced way and let the likes of Lambert, Scott and Henvey push on. 

Not sure if it's been discussed already but what are people hoping for from the new away kit?  Personally, if we are sticking to relatively traditional colours I would go for a mostly white shirt with light blue trim, light blue shorts and white socks.

We don't seem to be a club that changes things up too much in terms of tradition, but for something different I'd like something similar to the new yellow Scotland kit, although with yellow socks.  Can't see that happening though, particularly as the away shorts will probably be white to let us mix and match the home kit when necessary. 

Not sure if it's been discussed already but what are people hoping for from the new away kit?  Personally, if we are sticking to relatively traditional colours I would go for a mostly white shirt with light blue trim, light blue shorts and white socks.

We don't seem to be a club that changes things up too much in terms of tradition, but for something different I'd like something similar to the new yellow Scotland kit, although with yellow socks.  Can't see that happening though, particularly as the away shorts will probably be white to let us mix and match the home kit when necessary. 
what you said sounds good. When is away kit out?

Just now, Ylf said:
2 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

what you said sounds good. When is away kit out?

Not sure, haven't seen anything yet.  You would think it would be soon as with the home shirt always being dark, the lighter away shirt probably tends to be what people might wear on holiday!

11 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Not sure, haven't seen anything yet.  You would think it would be soon as with the home shirt always being dark, the lighter away shirt probably tends to be what people might wear on holiday!

I would think it would be something to tie in with the 125 yr Anniversary ?

Looking at some of our historic away kits we had the Argentina colours back in 1893.....would be nice agin

Looking at some of our historic away kits we had the Argentina colours back in 1893.....would be nice agin

I think that’s what this seasons away kit was? That was what Our Boys used to play in I think.

16 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

This is the kits we wore in 1893. This season's home seems to be a nod to this, hopefully we will follow suit with the away.

Original Kits.PNG

Would be tempted to buy the blue and white striped effort if it comes to pass. Even though it is the colours of East End and I, for no particular logical reason, consider myself an Our Boys man.