All things Dundee FC

That's pretty honking. Still not as bad as our old Square Deal home top back in the 90s though. Are you guys doing a third? 

Yeah we are supposedly. It’ll likely be some charity strip again since we’ve done this the past two season with a third strip.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Just bring back the days when the away kit was the same design as the home but in white. 

White top with blue shoulders would be fairly tidy. Certainly an improvement over the 80s Aston Villa look. 

I've got exactly what I wanted. Something a bit mental which is also an attempt at paying an homage to an old strip. I didn't think the end result would be so disastrous. At worst I thought we'd pull out something so bad that it'll become iconic. 
This is just piss poor though. 

dundee_east_end_1886-1888-n.gif.fd50e116691b804df12db16900eec1fa.gif
I'm beginning to wonder if it is based on that old East End strip. If so I like the fact they've paid homage to our roots and been bold. Just wide of the target this time unfortunately. How accurate are those historical designs anyway? The website doesn't link to newspaper reports where strips are described. Have we been given an awful strip based on someone's guess at what a team played in 130 years ago?!

5 minutes ago, kristov said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
I've got exactly what I wanted. Something a bit mental which is also an attempt at paying an homage to an old strip. I didn't think the end result would be so disastrous. At worst I thought we'd pull out something so bad that it'll become iconic. 
This is just piss poor though. 

dundee_east_end_1886-1888-n.gif.fd50e116691b804df12db16900eec1fa.gif

I'm beginning to wonder if it is based on that old East End strip. If so I like the fact they've paid homage to our roots and been bold. Just wide of the target this time unfortunately. How accurate are those historical designs anyway? The website doesn't link to newspaper reports where strips are described. Have we been given an awful strip based on someone's guess at what a team played in 130 years ago?!

The promotional video released explains about how last year's away kit was dedicated to the Our Boys strip while this year's is East End. 

Great video, shite strip. 

The promotional video released explains about how last year's away kit was dedicated to the Our Boys strip while this year's is East End. 
Great video, shite strip. 

Fair play to the club for recognising our pre 1893 roots. I loved the Our Boys homage but think it's a swing and a miss this time. Also, I hope those historical kits are accurate!