All things Dundee FC

Heads up for anyone travelling through to Paisley on Saturday without a ticket  that our initial allocation for Saturday sold out.  St Mirren have now allocated us some more, not sure how many though. Just over 1000 sold, decent effort. 

Heads up for anyone travelling through to Paisley on Saturday without a ticket  that our initial allocation for Saturday sold out.  St Mirren have now allocated us some more, not sure how many though. Just over 1000 sold, decent effort. 

Think the stand holds about 1400.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

The Morton fans reckon they're due compensation for Russell which may be what is hindering his ability to find a club. Came in the door and disappeared quite quickly with us, but I don't think he did a whole lot wrong.

Tbf he was never doing any more than making up the numbers in a friendly for us, never any intent to sign him. 

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

andy driver anyone?

Played LWB last season and was apparently impressive.

Why are we as club struggling so badly to find a goalscorer. Club’s like Motherwell manage it easy enough. We’d be a pretty decent team in Scotland if we had Curtis Main and Ryan Bowman in our side. 
The lack of out and out wingers is bizarre as well given that’s what our manager was. 
If your best formation involves 3 at the back and wingbacks, then theres no real requirement for out and out wingers in the squad. We have deacon, mendy, wighton to play as wider forward players on the odd occasion when we vary, but I honestly think carrying old fashioned wingers on this squad would be a waste of a wage. Definitely need to find a physical striker though, and I agree that it's strange we just can't seem to find one when other teams manage no bother.

If your best formation involves 3 at the back and wingbacks, then theres no real requirement for out and out wingers in the squad. We have deacon, mendy, wighton to play as wider forward players on the odd occasion when we vary, but I honestly think carrying old fashioned wingers on this squad would be a waste of a wage. Definitely need to find a physical striker though, and I agree that it's strange we just can't seem to find one when other teams manage no bother.

Fair analysis over the piece. I regret that we do have a physical striker- Moussa.

He is physical. He can show great touches. He scores a mean penalty. he tries and has heart.

But, he falls down easily. He's inevitably off side. He misses sitters. And he isn't really a striker on the most generous of statistical counts of goals for games.

I hope his season this year his good points are maintained and his bad points disappear.

Fb saying we've put in a bid for Lawrence Shankland. He was a fat useless waster once upon a time but seems to have knuckled down with Ayr and got back on track showing the form that had him down as one of the highest rated talents in the country. 

He's went from being an absolute embarrassment of a signing for a Championship club to potentially one of the most potent goalscorers in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fb saying we've put in a bid for Lawrence Shankland. He was a fat useless waster once upon a time but seems to have knuckled down with Ayr and got back on track showing the form that had him down as one of the highest rated talents in the country. 

He's went from being an absolute embarrassment of a signing for a Championship club to potentially one of the most potent goalscorers in Scotland. 

Bound to be a wind up but if he could keep up the scoring record then I think he could be a cracking signing.

Knowing us though he'll be another Fais and we'll loan him back next season...

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yeah seen on Twitter we are after him.

250 thousand we would spent? No chance

Not for that much anyway - is that not more than we'd have paid for Bonne?

See Ludo has posted we've offered 100k

Edited by locheedee

McCann is clearly shitting himself at the prospect of his side going up against him in the cup.

Seriously though I’d be surprised if you paid that money for him and from what has been said he’s happy where he is at the moment.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:
11 hours ago, Yenitit said:
Why are we as club struggling so badly to find a goalscorer. Club’s like Motherwell manage it easy enough. We’d be a pretty decent team in Scotland if we had Curtis Main and Ryan Bowman in our side. 
The lack of out and out wingers is bizarre as well given that’s what our manager was. 

When we play with 4 at the back tho I’d be looking for 1 of the wide midfielders to be an out and out winger who has a bit of pace, looks to go by people and get crosses in the box. Boyle would’ve been ideal but we swapped him for Alex Harris :unsure:

He seems decent enough but I wouldn't want us to be paying anywhere near the figure quoted. He's had one good full season with Ayr so clearly has talent, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he didn't impress at St Mirren or Morton. I certainly wouldn't want us to pin our clear need for a goalscorer on him.

El Bak's all the proof we need that banging goals in for fun at league one can account for nothing in this league. The jump is massive.

Edited by Louis Litt

Fair analysis over the piece. I regret that we do have a physical striker- Moussa.

He is physical. He can show great touches. He scores a mean penalty. he tries and has heart.

But, he falls down easily. He's inevitably off side. He misses sitters. And he isn't really a striker on the most generous of statistical counts of goals for games.

I hope his season this year his good points are maintained and his bad points disappear.
Yep, Moussa definitely fits the bill as physical, but as I said a few pages ago, what's missing from his game is tucking away 10 or so sitters per season.

If we played some sort of 3-5-2 with Moussa as target man, and he put away his ten per, we have a poacher/runner type playing off him who gets 10-15 per season and we'd easily be top six. Problem is he never looks like putting away the simple ones, but mccann also doesn't help by playing him up front entirely alone. Physical target men types need somebody else to stick close and play off/around them, and until now our midfield has been incapable of it.

McCann is clearly shitting himself at the prospect of his side going up against him in the cup.

Seriously though I’d be surprised if you paid that money for him and from what has been said he’s happy where he is at the moment.
And he was available for something like a £10k training fee at the start of the season. We would have moved then if the interest is solid.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:
8 hours ago, D said:

And he was available for something like a £10k training fee at the start of the season. We would have moved then if the interest is solid.

He wasn't out of contract so no. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf, most players will be happy enough where they are until they get their head turned and offered more cash. 

I'm sure I remember Morton fans slating him on a weekly basis. Having said that, having to travel to Greenock to work must be the most depressing thing to wake up to in the morning. Poor lad.