All things Dundee FC

Was binging some old games earlier today, and skimmed through the League winning game against Dumbarton in 2014 on DeeTV. What a fucking character that team had, nothing like today. That was a team of consistency and belief, one of the very few times I truly felt that at this club. Great memory at least.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Out of all the players we've signed from QotS, he was by a considerable distance the best.

@Skyline Drifter How was Paton considered down your way? I remember when we signed Lyle from you he was labelled as your 5th choice striker but he's later became a hero for you lot after his subsequent stints. Paton, however, was in a different league compared to the likes of Holt, Marshall & Lyle.

Paton was largely over-rated by our fans. Very talented player but didnt get enough time on the ball in his favoured midfield position and was converted to a right back by either Iain Scott or Ian McCall. Not sure which. He did better there, got more time on the ball and was a big bonus for us when we had the ball, a classy player. But a weak defender whose lack of physicality eventually saw him lose his place at full back to Ryan McCann before he moved to you. He did vastly improve defensively in his time with Dundee though I'd say. 

He was good for us but I would take Chris Mitchell over him as a best right back for us this century for sure. 

Lyle literally was our 5th choice striker when he moved to you. Whether he should have been is another question. He was better than that for me but he returned to us the 4th time (after you, Hamilton, Morton and Cowdenbeath) a much better player and made himself a legend. 4th top scorer all time.

Lyle is a club Hall of Fame member. Personally I'd take both left backs as better players for us than Paton but others will disagree. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was the done thing at the start of this year but picking a Dundee team of the last decade is interesting when you go by the manager that signed them. Here's my line-up:

Rab Douglas (Alex Rae)

Gary Irvine (Gordon Chisholm)
Jack Hendry (Neil McCann)
Rhys Weston (Gordon Chisholm)
Matt Lockwood (Gordon Chisholm)

Nicky Riley (Gordon Chisholm)
Glen Kamara (Neil McCann)
Gary Harkins (Jocky Scott, Barry Smith & Paul Hartley)
Greg Stewart (Paul Hartley)

Leigh Griffiths (Jocky Scott)
Kane Hemmings (Paul Hartley)

I've just thrown a team together very quickly so some glaring omissions no doubt but what surprised me was how many Chisholm signings made it. 3 of the back 4 were his signings. That highlights how dreadful we've been at the back over the years.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've omitted Maros Klimpl because he features in a forthcoming "team of 2000-2010" <_<

On 02/11/2020 at 23:43, eindhovendee said:

Yes. You will be offered a new TV package deal and part of it is a free Sky Q upgrade as part of the VIP reward scheme.

All Sky Q boxes are now loaned so no repair fees, call out charges for engineers etc and no charge for the box or the install if you are taking Sky Q for the first time.

Sounds like an advert but it's how it works for existing customers. New customers will have install fees.

Cheers for that, got the whole lot free including an extra box for another room, monthly rate is actually lower than it was before. Might just be their Black Friday deal, last time I checked they wanted £99 for installation.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Paton was largely over-rated by our fans. Very talented player but didnt get enough time on the ball in his favoured midfield position and was converted to a right back by either Iain Scott or Ian McCall. Not sure which. He did better there, got more time on the ball and was a big bonus for us when we had the ball, a classy player. But a weak defender whose lack of physicality eventually saw him lose his place at full back to Ryan McCann before he moved to you. He did vastly improve defensively in his time with Dundee though I'd say. 

He was good for us but I would take Chris Mitchell over him as a best right back for us this century for sure. 

Lyle literally was our 5th choice striker when he moved to you. Whether he should have been is another question. He was better than that for me but he returned to us the 4th time (after you, Hamilton, Morton and Cowdenbeath) a much better player and made himself a legend. 4th top scorer all time.

Lyle is a club Hall of Fame member. Personally I'd take both left backs as better players for us than Paton but others will disagree. 

Did we ever get to the bottom of the glass coffee table incident...

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

There’s a reason for a lack of Eddie.  

Wasn't the best technically but always gave his all and anybody able to drag a side to victory from left back is a fucking hero in my eyes. 

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Mind he scored a free kick ( sure was him ) up at Dingwall. Bullock was in goal. 

His free kick at Huntly was sublime. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wasn't the best technically but always gave his all and anybody able to drag a side to victory from left back is a fucking hero in my eyes. 

His free kick at Huntly was sublime. 

Ah f**k it could of been Huntly. That was horrible leaving there. Bus driver didnae want to stop coming hame the c**t