All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

things I never thought I’d say

I’d give my left arm for a Gary Irvine

Gary_Irvine_(3496273115).thumb.jpg.34c7759322a8a8902d23cfd57c58c957.jpg

Some boy, him and Peaso good examples of how the Tayside Derby divide can be crossed without issues.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gary_Irvine_(3496273115).thumb.jpg.34c7759322a8a8902d23cfd57c58c957.jpg

Some boy, him and Peaso good examples of how the Tayside Derby divide can be crossed without issues.

Both players done it and both said they wish they'd had the opportunity to do it years prior.

There's just something about St Johnstone that's boring.

Even your cup winning, legendary captain wanted his testimonial against us despite being relatively disliked by Dees.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Both players done it and both said they wish they'd had the opportunity to do it years prior.

There's just something about St Johnstone that's boring.

Even your cup winning, legendary captain wanted his testimonial against us despite being relatively disliked by Dees.

Don't like MacKay, first sniff of trouble at the original admin, and he was the quickest to bail, out the door faster than Asghar at an all you can eat buffet.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't like MacKay, first sniff of trouble at the original admin, and he was the quickest to bail, out the door faster than Asghar at an all you can eat buffet.

Agree Biggie, first and foremost, very poor coach/manager, as proven rather swiftly at Stirling Albion. Also recall a cup game I think at Dens around 2007 when he returned with Livi, game level and went to extra time after which we won on pens, however his reaction to the home support after scoring in the shoot-out marked his card for me. Clearly an idiot retaining no level of substance to his character whatsoever.

Also tonight, tuned into the last 8 or so minutes to Hearts captivating draw at QOS on the laptop. Another fucking idiot would appear to be Gary MacKay-Steven, spitting every time the camera landed on him following his any involvement.

Forget the Dirty Arab b*****d equation, this fellow is a dirty-thick-b*****d considering we're still in the middle of a Covid-19 pandemic for goodness sake! 

His parents and coach must be so proud.

Regards

4 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Also tonight, tuned into the last 8 or so minutes to Hearts captivating draw at QOS on the laptop. Another fucking idiot would appear to be Gary MacKay-Steven, spitting every time the camera landed on him following his any involvement.

McNamara was bad for that in the DAB dugout, constantly gobbing, filthy behaviour.

For me, it was his wee goal scoring "spree" after getting moved to LB in the winter of 14/15. He'd never scored more than once in a season before then and his goal to start the run was his first in 131 games and first in the top flight.

image.png.daba7cb553b5aaef0eba6d043833b1e6.png

This goal was the pick of the bunch against an Aberdeen side that hadn't conceded in 9 or 10 matches IIRC.

Limited player, obviously, but good c**t IMO.

It’s an odd one as I didn’t like or rate Paton at all which is probably an unpopular opinion but I just don’t get what it was, maybe I was to young to appreciate or see what he brought to the team 

but it’s also quite telling about how poor our defence was when we look at the “glory days” of Eric Paton and Eddie feckin Malone as full backs

Edit to say glory days is too strong but you get what I mean reverencewize

Edited by D TOTAL

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

It’s an odd one as I didn’t like or rate Paton at all which is probably an unpopular opinion but I just don’t get what it was, maybe I was to young to appreciate or see what he brought to the team 

but it’s also quite telling about how poor our defence was when we look at the “glory days” of Eric Paton and Eddie feckin Malone as full backs

Matt Lockwood was the LB of the decade tbf.