All things Dundee FC

36 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Any mention of how long Sow is out?,  also quick question would you have Berra back considering he’s been slaughtered on near every occasion by the hertz faithful?

Berra should have stayed here, IMO, Liked him, good experienced ch.

He possibly is due to him costing us pretty much a goal everytime he plays.
The stats don't lie. Fisher and Ashcroft have 2 clean sheets in 3 appearances together. We've kept 1 in 13 with Fontaine on the pitch.
Then there's that ridiculous long throw that barely beats the first man and is just completely pointless that also boils my piss.
I'll concede that he possibly is my 'boo boy' target but he doesn't do himself any favours.

Fisher came on for 20 odd minutes v Arbroath when Walcott got injured. Other than that Fisher has started 3 games for us in the league. We beat Alloa 3 zip in his most recent start. However in his first game against Raith he completely lost his man at the first corner and they scored. Games ends in a 3-1 defeat. Starts against Ayr - gives Gowser a hospital pass, leads to their first goal. Game ends in a 3-1 defeat.
I truly hope he has a great career, looks like there might be a player in there and if we have injuries he’ll have to play but I think I’d play Jordon before him if I’m honest.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Fisher came on for 20 odd minutes v Arbroath when Walcott got injured. Other than that Fisher has started 3 games for us in the league. We beat Alloa 3 zip in his most recent start. However in his first game against Raith he completely lost his man at the first corner and they scored. Games ends in a 3-1 defeat. Starts against Ayr - gives Gowser a hospital pass, leads to their first goal. Game ends in a 3-1 defeat.
I truly hope he has a great career, looks like there might be a player in there and if we have injuries he’ll have to play but I think I’d play Jordon before him if I’m honest.

The pass to Gowser was nowhere near a hospital pass. That was a complete f**k up by McGowan and McGowan alone.

I'll forgive the 19 year old CH for making 1 goal giving mistake in his professional debut and hasn't done since. How many times has any of our other CH's gave up a goal? Fontaine gave away one last night as did Ashcroft and it's certainly not their first.

Harsh in the extreme to dismiss him just because of that IMO.

ETA: Never read your last bit where you said you'd play Forster ahead of him...

chris tucker facepalm GIF

Edited by Ludo*1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Brave comment here : I'd play Forster ahead of Fontaine or Ashcroft.

Thank you. 

Fontaine is beyond useless, but I’d have Ashcroft above Forster.

Fontaine really is dreadful, can’t believe the hype around him. 

I think Forster and Fontaine are exactly the same type of centre halves, ok in the air, ok with sliding challenges, ok at jockeying the attackers. What let's them both down is the lack of pace, thier distribution and general use of the ball when they have it. With Fontaine having better throw ins (although they have not amounted to anything).

Ashcroft is not the best defender out but wins everything in the air, I am fairly happy to keep him in the team if he carries on his dominance at corners.

I would be quite content with a Fisher/Ashcroft pairing, unless the other 2 can work on their pace and distribution.

I was in my uncles storage room last night and in it he has a giant black B, I had to ask why he even has it as it’s such a random thing to have

as it turns out it’s the original B from the Bobby Cox stand, it fell off when they were working there during renovations and jocky Scott said he could just take it home 

The pass to Gowser was nowhere near a hospital pass. That was a complete f**k up by McGowan and McGowan alone.
I'll forgive the 19 year old CH for making 1 goal giving mistake in his professional debut and hasn't done since. How many times has any of our other CH's gave up a goal? Fontaine gave away one last night as did Ashcroft and it's certainly not their first.
Harsh in the extreme to dismiss him just because of that IMO.
ETA: Never read your last bit where you said you'd play Forster ahead of him...
200.gif&key=bc3fa74dc58526ce7eeeb67f3f236ccbb31fd482b6d94d297abf51ee39146d23

Fisher was more culpable for the Gowser goal than Fontaine was for last nights second, which is the one I’m assuming your talking about?
It’s all about opinions but Fontaine is not nearly as bad, or Fisher as good, as your making out.
Ashcroft is a player more or less devoid of footballing skill. Can be effective of course but he definitely has a bombscare in him (last nights second).
I just think it would be extremely rash to throw him in at the deep end where high ball after high ball will be pumped at him. Every corner, free kick aimed right at his napper.

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Fisher was more culpable for the Gowser goal than Fontaine was for last nights second, which is the one I’m assuming your talking about?
It’s all about opinions but Fontaine is not nearly as bad, or Fisher as good, as your making out.
Ashcroft is a player more or less devoid of footballing skill. Can be effective of course but he definitely has a bombscare in him (last nights second).
I just think it would be extremely rash to throw him in at the deep end where high ball after high ball will be pumped at him. Every corner, free kick aimed right at his napper.

I'm afraid I think your first sentence is nonsense. A simple pass which led to McGowan running into trouble is not even culpable nevermind comparable to Fontaine's abysmal marking for Dunfermline's first.

He's played 3 games and not once has a team targeted him like you suggest would happen.

I'm not saying Fisher is a wonderkid or if he'll even make it, but he's not shown himself to be near as bad as Fontaine in his limited opportunities IMO.

It's almost like all of our CBs are various shades of mediocre-to-shite that have conceded the 3rd most goals in the league this season.

I really don't think it matters that much, but I'd say Ashcroft should probably be starting, and that Forster should not (even if he should, he probably wouldn't given how his relationship currently looks with the club).

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I want to say I know who the best centre pairing is but we are that shit their I havnt got an argument.

Ashcroft has goals in him at the other end but is a bombscare in defence 

Fontaine is shite

Fisher has had a few appearances but looks week.

Maybe Mcghee is needed until the end of season back there until we can get someone else at the back. ( we probably won't but let's pretend we might).

Fucking hell that was tough 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Brave comment here : I'd play Forster ahead of Fontaine or Ashcroft.

Thank you. 

b89c51435b1c7dfc0250ca93dca8de48_w200.gif.643ef981d4420486caac728fce021f13.gif                    

Crikey Dele my good man, I've been saving that gif for a while now. You apparently just bring out the best in me, respect though, lol.     

Weekend regards.

6 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Then McGhee in for Anderson (as harsh as that may be) when he returns. Think McGhee was much better in midfield than defence.

Are we never going to give our youth a chance. Anderson is a true box to box midfielder and if we want to see just how good he can be we have to play him. He wasn't really in the picture when McGee was in midfield but he sure is now. I like Fisher and he is currently better than Fontaine and Forster, bringing a much needed bit of pace to central defence. He could do with bulking up though and a loan spell to gain experience could be the answer, with McGee clearly the player to come in. Again McGee was in midfield before McMullen was around so we have a much better balanced midfield now. It wasn't the midfield that cost us the goals v Dunfermline it was the defence, again. We scored 3 and it should have been more. Defence is the problem and in McGee, clearly our best central defender last season, we have a solution

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

@Fifespud

You're not seriously suggesting this was a hospital pass and that Fisher was responsible?

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

Absolutely not a hospital pass.  It’s in situations like that where a player receiving the pass should simply play the ball down the line in the hope the winger could get onto it.  Yes they will likely give away possession but at least possession would be lost nearer the opposition’s 18 yard line with 11 men now behind the ball.  Plus, at this level at least a ball up the line with a winger running at them puts pressure on most full backs.

Way too much emphasis in modern football to try and keep possession at all cost.  Unless you are the likes of Man City it rarely works.

Edited by Shadow Play

35 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

b89c51435b1c7dfc0250ca93dca8de48_w200.gif.643ef981d4420486caac728fce021f13.gif                    

Crikey Dele my good man, I've been saving that gif for a while now. You apparently just bring out the best in me, respect though, lol.     

Weekend regards.

Walter Long | Laurel and Hardy Wiki | Fandom

Can we not get another centrehalf in on loan or is the emergency loan window closed as well? 

Am I getting mixed up but isn’t the Jordon originally mentioned not McGhee rather than Forster 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’d be tempted to try McGhee at right back in the league games. The amount of goals coming from mistakes by whoever plays right back in our team is frightening and has to be addressed. Elliot’s defending last night was a joke in terms of his clearances. He kept putting headers and passes back into dangerous areas in the middle of the park instead of helping the ball out the park or up the line. 

I’m not really getting the Fontaine bashing tbh. Ashcroft makes a hell of a lot of errors at goals as well but is obviously a big threat in attacking set pieces. If we really want to look into the 2nd goal Ashcroft should’ve cleared it. He tried to clear it with the wrong foot and got it blocked. Very poor piece of defending.