All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Think most Bluetooners would be happy if Danny Strachan joined his Dens Park team mates at Balmoor

Has he got a chance of making it in the game? Never saw him play or heard much about him tbh other than he’s a right back. 

Think most Bluetooners would be happy if Danny Strachan joined his Dens Park team mates at Balmoor
I think there's a limit in the rule book where you're only allowed 2 players from a single team in a different division. 1 if in the same league.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:
1 hour ago, peternapper said:

I think there's a limit in the rule book where you're only allowed 2 players from a single team in a different division. 1 if in the same league.

That was changed last season for Covid was it not? Can't imagine they'd change back just now, might be wrong though:

a maximum of 2 players on loan at any one time from another club in the same SPFL division (increased from 1); and    

a maximum of 4 players on loan at any one time from another club in a different SPFL division (increased from 2).  

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Has he got a chance of making it in the game? Never saw him play or heard much about him tbh other than he’s a right back. 

Was late in the season before we saw him play, certainly looked ok at our level but as you would expect still learning

Edited by peternapper

And the answer to the Jack Hendry question, The Courier reporting that we will be receiving just over £100,000 from his sale to Oostende, and could pocket even more than that amount if he's sold again by them as is rumoured.

What a boy. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2337760/dundee-receive-windfall-after-celtic-confirm-jack-hendry-sale-to-oostende-and-dark-blues-could-earn-even-more-from-the-deal-later-this-summer/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Sky's the limit: Hendry at Dundee

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Supposedly Oostende only bought him because they want to sell him on immediately to one of the bigger Belgian clubs, which they can do because they had an agreed fee included in his loan contract. If we get anything else, I can only assume that's a 'solidarity' payment and it'll be 0.5 - 1% or thereabouts of whatever he's sold on for. Could still be a handy amount right enough.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Reckon Sharp is gonna be our number 2 for the season or will we get another body in? Unsure what the Forfar game was like but conceded 0, so far so good , Leyton next they don’t look like they have that big a squad on paper

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Supposedly Oostende only bought him because they want to sell him on immediately to one of the bigger Belgian clubs, which they can do because they had an agreed fee included in his loan contract. If we get anything else, I can only assume that's a 'solidarity' payment and it'll be 0.5 - 1% or thereabouts of whatever he's sold on for. Could still be a handy amount right enough.

This is what I was told about how this  situation works out

IMG_20210627_121046.thumb.jpg.7a8bac3fad9e6f8c3f71de5d9bb6a666.jpg

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yip

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think he would be an improvement.

If he’s still a similar standard to what he was 18 months ago I’d have to agree with you. Aberdeen released a back 4 at the end of the season that would more than suffice for our club tbh. Logan, Taylor, Hoban and Leigh. 

Don't know if it's old news, but apparently Scotland is capping football attendances at 2000 from August 10th. No end date or review date given.

Edit - indeed old news, it's just they've added its not going to change on August 10th like other limits will.

Edited by Crawford

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is there even any half decent rumours going about just now? All very quiet.

Depends on your definition of 'half-decent'. None I'm particularly jumping about for, but I've been hearing things that the Ciftci talk is more than just rehashed rumours from last season.