All things Dundee FC

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wouldn't complain tbh, but I'd be surprised.

His clownshoes agent spent 12 months convincing Scott Tanser to leave us as clubs like Sunderland were willing to offer him incredible wages, before he found himself signing for St Mirren, so it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Melamed end up somewhere else in this country.

55 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Fa's at?

Dennis Bergkamp. 

45 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be a laugh if we were back in for Ciftci

Good call that, James McPake was keen as mustard last season to bring Shifty in, wouldn't ever be dull that's for sure.

One who is newly out of contract and available is ex Dee midfielder Andrew Shinnie (31), most recently at Luton Town and Charlton Athletic.

Greg Stewart however would be the icing on the cake for me.

Regards  

Going by this article Ciftci is indeed moving on from Samsunspor, as the club's new manager is holding discussions with him and severa; other players about their release, despite the fact that Ciftci is contracted there for another year. If I remember correctly, he left his previous club early as well, so might be a clause in his contracts. @harry94 mentioned on TDB forum that most of his family are in the Netherlands and Scotland is obviously closer to them than Turkey. Now we're up getting Premiership money again, and given McPake's previous stated interest in him, I'd say there's at least a slight possibility that it could happen this time. Just sayin'.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.meydannet.com/haber/samsunsporda-mathias-ve-nadir-ile-yollar-ayriliyor-94439.html

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

19 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Good call that, James McPake was keen as mustard last season to bring Shifty in, wouldn't ever be dull that's for sure.

One who is newly out of contract and available is ex Dee midfielder Andrew Shinnie (31), most recently at Luton Town and Charlton Athletic.

Regards  

Shinnie would be a great signing imho 

His team missed promotion (and the TFF First League title) by one point, came 3rd behind 1st & 2nd on GD, and lost in the play-offs. Ciftci scored 7 goals in 25 league games, and 8 goals in 28 games overall for them.

Again, this is all just pure rumour-mongering and there may not even be a real link, but it's not like we have anyone we're clearly targeting just now, so meh.

Also had a look at what Samsunspor fans had to say about Ciftci... it wasn't very positive lol. Definitely not my first pick for a new striker.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Regards  

Shinnie is a class player IMO. And I’d have Cifti.

😆 It appears like ol' Nadir has learned f**k all over the last few years, many mentions about his shitty discipline.

No thank you. With a name that translates to 'Rare Farmer', maybe St Johnstone should have a look. Har har.

image.png.f56cf16b0baa4726173fcb66bd122b5e.png

image.png.e3fc2aff7f4a4ea117aeee7f6c319350.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

My Dad and older brother were big Dundee fans, so it was always going to be the case with me. Growing up in Aberdeen and Oban made it quite the novelty for some, as I was the only Dundee fan folk in my age group knew.

Makes sense.

Spent a few days in Oban, using it as a base for trips to Glencoe and Staffa. Seems like a nice place and had the best fish and chips Ive ever had there. Hell of a view out from the Harbor.

[emoji38] It appears like ol' Nadir has learned f**k all over the last few years, many mentions about his shitty discipline.
No thank you. With a name that translates to 'Rare Farmer', maybe St Johnstone should have a look. Har har.
image.png.f56cf16b0baa4726173fcb66bd122b5e.png

image.png.e3fc2aff7f4a4ea117aeee7f6c319350.png

The username is ‘Errol Fucking Bullet’ - is a boredom guy all over their forums too?