All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Big Gus said:

We've had flare kicking wastermen and audi driving  bevvy merchants so far so I think life threatening injuries administered by blunt force trauma should be a piece of cake...

Announcing Anthony stokes next so I hear

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take just the OF winning tonight but hoping for at least one pumping. Disappointing so far.

Rangers are going to thump us for about 4, I'd say. Morelos missed two absolute sitters besides their goals.

I don't know why anyone's worried about relegation, we're clearly the worst side in the league. Add in a manager who's making decisions to prove a point now, and we're showing all the signs.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers are going to thump us for about 4, I'd say. Morelos missed two absolute sitters besides their goals.

I don't know why anyone's worried about relegation, we're clearly the worst side in the league. Add in a manager who's making decisions to prove a point now, and we're showing all the signs.

Thank goodness for that.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

We could really do with the bigot brothers running riot tonight, instead of narrow 1-0 wins. 

Still got about 8 or 9 of a goal difference gap to make up…

Our goal difference is shocking tbf. 

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Does anyone remember looking at the table a couple of weeks ago and having a game in hand on most above us and thinking we might move up the way? 

I do. :( 

Remember when we were in 8th at half time against Ross County?

Sigh... 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Remember when we were in 8th at half time against Ross County?

Sigh... 

100% this too. 
Also from looking at the table, United have scored less goals than us but sit in 4th. I realise this is a useless observation because we all know we have a championship defence but still, equally depressing. 

39 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

100% this too. 
Also from looking at the table, United have scored less goals than us but sit in 4th. I realise this is a useless observation because we all know we have a championship defence but still, equally depressing. 

I’d argue that they also have a championship defence and I’d rather have ours man to man than theirs

just happens to have the best keeper I’m the league imo

Edited by D TOTAL

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d argue that they also have a championship defence and I’d rather have ours man to man than theirs

Their defence is much better than ours, it's their inability to score that's slowing them down.

Proves that a good defence is more valuable than a good strikeforce imo

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Their defence is much better than ours, it's their inability to score that's slowing them down.

Proves that a good defence is more valuable than a good strikeforce imo

Fine margins - the 1st Derby goes the other way and we're within 3 points of them.  I'm hoping the blistering start was down to the "Court effect" and they're now settled into their natural state i.e. almost as crap as us.  

11 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

The defence bit is nonsense. I'd have there back four over ours. Not even a slight debate in this.

United game on the 2nd. Can we get some new bods in by then?

Seems tight but we can’t go into that game with our car crash defence as it is. 

The porky podgers at United must be rubbing their expansive bellies at the thought of playing us.

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

12 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I think the 2 centrehalfs have been fantastic for them. Pitching in with a fair share of their goals then defensively it’s those 2 and the keeper performing heroics to keep other sides out. Their 2 fullbacks are a bit meh right enough. 

55 minutes ago, Girth said:

United game on the 2nd. Can we get some new bods in by then?

Seems tight but we can’t go into that game with our car crash defence as it is. 

The porky podgers at United must be rubbing their expansive bellies at the thought of playing us.

Thank you. 

If the Declan Gallagher rumour is to be believed then hopefully he can be signed on January 1st. 

It’ll be a dereliction of duty if McPake doesn’t at the very least have a centrehalf signed up for the derby. 

Quite a few people saying, quite rightly in my opinion, that we pretty much need an entirely new back 4. However, how realistic is that? I would imagine that bringing in 4 new players and playing them all at once is probably not a wise move. Do we bring in a new CH, then play him with Sweeney for a few games, then bring in new full back on either side? Bring in a new right back first and then the central defence? Either way, it’s not going to be pretty and could take until March to get an entirely new back 4 settled in. 
2 centre-halves would be my priority.