All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Grow a pair of testicles Nelms, and pull the trigger tonight.

Thank you.

Yeah and take your time over an appointment this time 😡 see who applies and do a bit of research. 

Jack Ross will do for me tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’m a lot older than most posters. I’ve had over 40 years of this absolute shite. 9 years of financial stability and we’re no better on the park. Hard to believe it’s possible.
I’d almost consider the A word. United are obviously a wee bit better at the moment but Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a significant advantage over both teams.
Lots of us wouldn’t like it but with a bit of investment, a bit of luck bringing success and I think most would come to accept it.

The new team could win 10 in a row and I wouldn't watch them. I don't think even particularly dislike Dundee but your teams your team 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Or just hire Jack Ross immediately, like what I want.

I think most would be happy with that appointment going by the online comments and discussion’s around me at the game yesterday. 

Gutted McInnes is at Killie tbh. Him and Docherty would’ve been perfect. 

59 minutes ago, EH6 DEE said:

Supposedly an unplanned board meeting has been called for tonight as he was at it again last night whilst on the sauce - also sent them to other mates in football who’ve passed it onto the players. 

To my knowledge, they don't have board meetings at Dens, Keyes and Nelms make the decisions without consulting the others.

It was certainly the case up to a couple of years ago, may have changed but doubt it.

Alex Neil would be a better appointment than Jack Ross IMO.

However, what I'd really like is all the applicants to be assessed and the right man to take us forward to come in. That probably means someone outwith the goldfish bowl of Scottish football.

Celtic are getting their rewards for sourcing a manager outside the box and there's no reason with our budget we couldn't find an exciting manager who could bring in players to have us regularly competing for top six.

This isn't a pipe dream; with our budget we should be challenging for top six. The absolute failure of this club year in year out, you certainly wouldn't think that's the case.

The truth is that as soon as McPake was given managerial duties we were accepting mediocrity at best instead of striving for the best.

Show a bit of fucking ambition and professionalism Dundee FC then maybe we wouldn't be languishing behind utter shite manged by clueless gobshites like Tam Courts and ex drug dealers like Martindale.

I couldn't give a shiny shite if we go down because the next decade of our clubs fortunes lies on the scouting system, youth development, playing staff and managerial positions being renovated and not what league we'll be in next year.

It's time for change.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

However, what I'd really like is all the applicants to be assessed and the right man to take us forward to come in. That probably means someone outwith the goldfish bowl of Scottish football.

Celtic are getting their rewards for sourcing a manager outside the box and there's no reason with our budget we couldn't find an exciting manager who could bring in players to have us regularly competing for top six.

This isn't a pipe dream; with our budget we should be challenging for top six. The absolute failure of this club year in year out, you certainly wouldn't think that's the case.

The truth is that as soon as McPake was given managerial duties we were accepting mediocrity at best instead of striving for the best.

Show a bit of fucking ambition and professionalism Dundee FC then maybe we wouldn't be languishing behind utter shite manged by clueless gobshites like Tam Courts and ex drug dealers like Martindale.

I couldn't give a shiny shite if we go down because the next decade of our clubs fortunes lies on the scouting system, youth development, playing staff and managerial positions being renovated and not what league we'll be in next year.

It's time for change.

Thank you.

Great post, all so true. Just requires vision

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's time for change.

Thank you.

Great post. Alex Neil’s a good shout. Lee Johnson ex Sunderland as well 🤷🏼‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yep, totally agree that would be the only trumping of a Jack Ross appointment at Dens Park, imho.

However Alex Neil's stock in English football would still appear very healthy, judging by the amount of times he's used as a Sky pundit when we're watching Mrs TCM's Stoke City.

I do get the feeling he's being canny and will choose carefully his next appointment. He was Stoke City's first choice last time out and Preston refused permission to speak only to sack him just over a year later. Such is football and the dismissal settlements down south, lucky bleeder!

Either of these two more than competent managers would be on a par with the Archie Knox appointment, ie we would without doubt flourish.

John Nelm's take note, thank you.   

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Great post. Alex Neil’s a good shout. Lee Johnson ex Sunderland as well 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not exotic or outside the box enough 

leò Johansson or alexi Neilio and champions league is only next season 

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’m a lot older than most posters. I’ve had over 40 years of this absolute shite. 9 years of financial stability and we’re no better on the park. Hard to believe it’s possible.
I’d almost consider the A word. United are obviously a wee bit better at the moment but Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a significant advantage over both teams.
Lots of us wouldn’t like it but with a bit of investment, a bit of luck bringing success and I think most would come to accept it.

It’s bad enough when fans of other clubs periodically come up with pish like this.  Coming from a Dee it’s just wrong.