All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Girth said:

We winning the Champ at a canter next season lads?

I'm extremely bored at work. 

Thank you. 

7th at Christmas under new Manager and 1st team coach Kenny Miller, we sign Berbatov, Speroni, Caballero, and Greg Stewart in the January window, go on a tear and finish 4th, win the playoffs, and the Yanks give Miller a lifetime contract.

It'd be nice if we could win the 2nd tier at a canter for once, but if we do win it it'll likely be a squeaker as is usual.

Spoiler

1946-47 - Won by 3 points over Airdrieonians
1978-79 - Won by 1 point over Kilmarnock & Clydebank
1991-92 - Won by 1 point over Partick Thistle & Hamilton Accies
1997-98 - Won by 5 points over Falkirk (winless in last 5, could've been a proper canter if the team hadn't packed it in)
2013-14 - Won by 2 points over Hamilton Accies & 3 points over Falkirk

43 minutes ago, Girth said:

We winning the Champ at a canter next season lads?

I'm extremely bored at work. 

Thank you. 

Me too

what we have for next season is - with cover in brackets, if with mins then expected to come on. 12 players so 451, one striker to drop out, or 442, one midfielder to drop out 

Legsdins (Lawlor)

Kerr    Lamie (McGhee) Sweeney (Ashcroft) Marshall                               

McMullen (McCowan) Anderson Byrne (McGowan, 55min) Mulligan Jakubiak (McGinn 55min)

Rudden  Sheridan

permanently on bench - Chapman

We've had a real problem scoring goals over last few seasons and above would really require Anderson and Mulligan to really push on. Clearly full back cover required, strikers could do with being added to and a real quality, though preferably not getting past it, midfielder. Can't see wholesale changes so who could come in?

7 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Love and respect, 60 years ago today "The Immortals" made history.

009__034__features__Dundee_main__1335447913_standard.jpg.939b1564f6a69a95b99ec4e1f8d0b81d.jpg 

A trophy everyone connected with Dundee should still be rightfully proud of.

It was a massive achievement as only 3 teams out with the Old Firm have won the league since that day.  I’m not Kidding, you would have thought at least one other club would have won the league since ‘62. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It was a massive achievement as only 3 teams out with the Old Firm have won the league since that day.  I’m not Kidding, you would have thought at least one other club would have won the league since ‘62. 

They have. Rangers became the fourth club outside of the Old Firm to win the league when they lifted the title in 2020/21

Edited by Boo Khaki

He absolutely pissed the Championship last season and he's badly struggled with injuries this season and is on the back side of his career.

He's still got it in him to stroll the Championship for a season IMO.

Do a Gav Rae. Help us win the thing then pack it in and end on a high.

18 hours ago, Yenitit said:

He’s over here (down in London) signing off of on the finance for the new stadium apparently. If you could spray paint Jack Ross IN at his mansion that’s should still suffice 👍 

Maybe got my weekends confused?  Will do anyway.