All things Dundee FC

Had a look at the Wimbledon FB page. They're not very complimentary about us but suggest Robinson doesn't want to be at them and wanted to join us. We've got to have a half decent chance of signing him if we go up? Mon Nelms, get Tim's chequebook out.

Untitled.png

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had a look at the Wimbledon FB page. They're not very complimentary about us but suggest Robinson doesn't want to be at them and wanted to join us. We've got to have a half decent chance of signing him if we go up? Mon Nelms, get Tim's chequebook out.

Untitled.png

🤣. From supporters of a team recently pumped from the likes of Barrow, Crawley and Salford.

45 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Well done guy's it looks like you'll get it over the line now 👍

It hurts me to say that but you never know we may join you via the playoffs 

I'll get back to you on that after Saturday.   

3 hours ago, colliedug said:

Well done guy's it looks like you'll get it over the line now 👍

It hurts me to say that but you never know we may join you via the playoffs 

If we win on Saturday then I feel the league is ours , and I’d love to see thistle to come up with us by thumping United in the pay off final , good luck with that if you get them 

59 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

If we win on Saturday then I feel the league is ours , and I’d love to see thistle to come up with us by thumping United in the pay off final , good luck with that if you get them 

If that was a deliberate mistake fair hats off jeemie! 

22 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What a difference in the team with the addition of one man from the weekend - Zach Robinson. What was the last out and out striking partnership we had that actually worked? You'd have to go back to McMenamin and Curier or something. We have created more chances in this formation with them two upfront than we have for years and years of the isolated striker under McPake, McCann and the rest. Don't get me wrong though, Bowyer done this for far too long aswell this season. He may just have saved it in time though.

Hannant is involved in alot of our goals aswell with his clever balls, tonight flicked into the path of Marshall to set up Jakubiak. I think he's making an improvement on what McMullen gives us. 

There's always negatives and Cameron didn't have his best first half and some headers he literally stands and watches it without competing; he came into it as the game went on though and the same for Marshall who was poor to start.

It might be harsh right now, but we still need new fullbacks if we go up. Mulligan is right now looking like he can be challenging for that spot in the future though. He's definitely developed over the season.

Thank you.

Pretty much agree with all that. Hannant is making Marshall look a much better player. 
3 months ago it would have been scrap the lot but how many of the 11 starters last night would you keep now?

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Pretty much agree with all that. Hannant is making Marshall look a much better player. 
3 months ago it would have been scrap the lot but how many of the 11 starters last night would you keep now?

Keep:

Ashcroft, McGhee, McCowan, Fisher, Cameron and Mulligan. 

Decisions to be made on: 

Jakubiak, Anderson, Legzdins (back up) and Marshall/Sweeney (back up)

Goodbye to:

Lawlor, Kerr, Byrne, McMullen, Sheridan, Robertson

From the loan signings the obvious two to keep would be Robinson and Williamson who was our best player in a crucial part of the season and could be a top talent. The likes of Maguire, Thomas and Tolaj can go.

Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Keep:

Ashcroft, McGhee, McCowan, Fisher, Cameron and Mulligan. 

Decisions to be made on: 

Jakubiak, Anderson, Legzdins (back up) and Marshall/Sweeney (back up)

Goodbye to:

Lawlor, Kerr, Byrne, McMullen, Sheridan, Robertson

From the loan signings the obvious two to keep would be Robinson and Williamson who was our best player in a crucial part of the season and could be a top talent. The likes of Maguire, Thomas and Tolaj can go.

Thank you. 

Not as convinced about Williamson as you are (but you could well be right) and I think McGhee needs to be told ‘you’re a centre half son’. 
Hannant is another loanee who could be a keeper. 
Interesting you’d keep Ashcroft, as I would, Sweeney and Jukubiak on balance I’d keep too. 
Legdzins can go for me. He looks a great keeper when we are on top and he doesn’t have much to do, but he’s a liability when we’re under the cosh.