All things Dundee FC

I don't think we're doing anything wrong in asking the question if we're getting put in an unsegregated terrace and it's going to be mostly empty, we'll presumably be arguing its on safety grounds with at least a thousand fans gathered outside the ground. We probably know we'll inevitably get knocked back but our fans are less likely to moan about how we distribute them when the majority of us still miss out on tickets.

Don't see how it's Old-Firmy. 

Stop your whining. You should have had this league wrapped up weeks ago, We get you’re a much bigger Fanbase than us but the club are doing the right thing by not letting that be an influencer when the title is up for grabs. That low roof in the west terrace creates a right din. I’d rather have 3000 school kids in their squeaking away than 3000 burly Dundonians giving it their all. 

Besides, we’ve still got the Greenock to beat🫤

But we can all still be friends when the battle is over. Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lucky that has absolutely f**k all to do with this situation then eh?

Dundee have written to the SPFL Board asking them to intervene and force Queen's Park to give them a larger allocation than Queen's Park want to give them. That's literally exactly the situation I described.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is very Old Firmy behaviour. I can't see under what rules the SPFL board could possibly intervene here. All the rules require is that a section is set aside for away fans, and that a "reasonable" amount of tickets are sold. Over 10% of the capacity of the stadium is more than reasonable for any game.

Spot on but their board has to be seen to do something. The OF joint policy has already negated this argument. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dundee have written to the SPFL Board asking them to intervene and force Queen's Park to give them a larger allocation than Queen's Park want to give them. That's literally exactly the situation I described.

Yes, but what I was talking about and the quote you were replying to literally had nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is very Old Firmy behaviour. I can't see under what rules the SPFL board could possibly intervene here. All the rules require is that a section is set aside for away fans, and that a "reasonable" amount of tickets are sold. Over 10% of the capacity of the stadium is more than reasonable for any game.

Still hurting from the play offs a couple of seasons ago , nice to see , let’s hope partick kick your arse in the play offs this season as well 

To sum up:

If they have the intention of selling these tickets to home fans, then that's fair enough.

If they usually give teams a limited allocation and leave the rest of the stadium empty, that's a bit annoying for Dundee fans but still QP's perogative. Certainly don't expect home fans to be mucked about for our benefit to maximise our support or anything like this. If we were aggrieved at this, this would be Old Firm-y IMO.

If QP are intentionally reducing their normal away allocation with no intention to put home fans in it purely to try and get some form of 'sporting advantage' (as has been suggested in this thread) then that's cowardly and tinpot.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Rule I27. 

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

Yes, we’re within the 14 days but that’s a separate issue from whether the SPFL Board could intervene. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

I don't think we're doing anything wrong in asking the question if we're getting put in an unsegregated terrace and it's going to be mostly empty, we'll presumably be arguing its on safety grounds with at least a thousand fans gathered outside the ground. We probably know we'll inevitably get knocked back but our fans are less likely to moan about how we distribute them when the majority of us still miss out on tickets.

Don't see how it's Old-Firmy. 

"Better to have more away fans in the ground than empty seats" is literally an argument OF fans pump out every single week.

A minority of your fans on Twitter are definitely on that path, some even trying to demand Queens Park move away from their "home" stadium simply to allow as many Dundee fans to be there as possible. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Better to have more away fans in the ground than empty seats" is literally an argument OF fans pump out every single week.

A minority of your fans on Twitter are definitely on that path, some even trying to demand Queens Park move away from their "home" stadium simply to allow as many Dundee fans to be there as possible. 

It was a St Johnstone argument earlier on in the season when they made Rangers feel extremely welcome in a cup game.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

To sum up:

If they have the intention of selling these tickets to home fans, then that's fair enough.

If they usually give teams a limited allocation and leave the rest of the stadium empty, that's a bit annoying for Dundee fans but still QP's perogative. Certainly don't expect home fans to be mucked about for our benefit to maximise our support or anything like this. If we were aggrieved at this, this would be Old Firm-y IMO.

If QP are intentionally reducing their normal away allocation with no intention to put home fans in it purely to try and get some form of 'sporting advantage' (as has been suggested in this thread) then that's cowardly and tinpot.

To sum up:

It's their home game, and they can do whatever the f**k they want. Stop being so entitled.

Thank you.

Once again, the marvellousness of Scottish football comes into play. 

Can you imagine any other business where the Board would say "We have a huge number of people wanting to purchase our product and the resources to satisfy that demand which would make us a fair bit of money. No, thank you, we don't want that extra cash."?

When the bigot brothers come to Dens, we may despise their poisonous bile, but we don't purposefully turn away extra cash by leaving a fair chunk of the away end intentionally empty.

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

To sum up:

It's their home game, and they can do whatever the f**k they want. Stop being so entitled.

Thank you.

To be honest this is close to my thoughts on it too. There will come a time where this will be our prerogative at home and I would hope that our board do so in the interest of our club. Having said that there is a balance owed to creating as good a spectacle as possible to enhance the game especially with it being shown on tv. 

There was never going to be a scenario in this that Dundee and our fans came away happy with the allocation given due to the capacity of the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

To sum up:

I understand what you are saying. However, giving Dundee most of the ground would surely give you this "sporting advantage" which would be 'niaive money grabbing' which is equally tinpot.

There’s a balance if they can sell out the usual away end themselves. This isn’t the case. We’re getting the same end with it reduced by anything upto 80%. 

Going to be great for the people with houses around the ground with so many going through without tickets. I’ll be there whether I have a ticket or not. 

Edited by Yenitit

21 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

It was a St Johnstone argument earlier on in the season when they made Rangers feel extremely welcome in a cup game.

Thats because those in charge of our club are complete snivelling morons, and the fact our lowest every home support at McDiarmid was achieved off the back of it should be a reminder to never try it again.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats because those in charge of our club are complete snivelling morons, and the fact our lowest every home support at McDiarmid was achieved off the back of it should be a reminder to never try it again.

Yes. Dundee aren't asking for such an outrageously disproportionate allocation of tickets. From what I gather we are just looking for a fair number. Exactly why it is nothing like the old firm. Both clubs can come out of this shown to be doing the right thing. 

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Yes. Dundee aren't asking for such an outrageously disproportionate allocation of tickets. From what I gather we are just looking for a fair number. Exactly why it is nothing like the old firm. Both clubs can come out of this shown to be doing the right thing. 

My understanding is that you’re getting around 20% of the capacity. Not sure in what world that’s an “unreasonable” amount.