All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, CC 33 said:

Wait, were some folk expecting us to make 25 new signings 😂😂

No, I don't think so.

Given that we had 5 players in contract ( @Ludo*1 knows more on that than I do) we were always going to have to sign around 15 more.

So far we have re-signed two of our defence that has been proven to be useless in the top league.

We are allowed to sign players that have not played for Dundee before.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No, 11 would've been fine.

They've got their excuse not to now after accounts show us making a loss and then warning of more. I fear of another cut our cloth season in which we get landed back in to the championship. Maybe, I hope, I'm just overreacting.

I think we'll get a core of players signed up. Legzdins and Cammy fit the good professional type to help the younger lads. I still reckon we'll see about 10 or so brand new faces tbh.

I think in the next few days we'll see a few more of the current squad tied down though.

Okay so currently we have

First Team:

Legzdins

Kerr  French   No-one   No-one

No-one  Byrne Cameron No-one

Rudden  No-one

Reserves:
Welsh (GK)
Lynch (GK)
Wilkie (DF)
Blacklock (DF)
Donald (DF)
Graham (DF)
Murray (MF)

Edit:

Meant French

Edited by dburns

Just now, dburns said:

Okay so currently we have

First Team:

Legzdins

Kerr    Fisher   No-one   No-one

No-one  Byrne Cameron No-one

Rudden  No-one

Reserves:
Welsh (GK)
Lynch (GK)
Wilkie (DF)
Blacklock (DF)
Donald (DF)
Graham (DF)
Murray (MF)

We don't have Fisher for next season. We do however have Tyler French.

Alex Jakubiak the next name reported by Scott Burns to be leaving. I'm very happy Jakubiak was able to have a good season after all those years of injury struggle and he was a massive part of getting us up, but I agree with the decision to let him go. Seems like a great guy and he and Zach will be fondly remembered.

I don't think it should be too hard for him to get a new club, wouldn't be shocked if he rocked up at Dunfermline with McPake tbh.

Scott Burns acting as if these players have chosen to leave us because his mate Davidson didn't end up in charge.

They're, rightly or wrongly, not being offered extensions.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would have personally kept Jakubiak. Think he's a very talented player but understand it's hard to trust him after his injury issues.

Agree with that - hope we did punt him rather than he deciding to flounce off, we paid him for 2 years and he was injured 75% of the time. Although to be fair he played a few games for Patrick after Jazzer the Brain thought Rudden was better. Dear oh dear, I hope Clum gets a club soon so we can horse him. 

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Burns acting as if these players have chosen to leave us because his mate Davidson didn't end up in charge.

They're, rightly or wrongly, not being offered extensions.

I was told today Clum turned us down because of the budget. He wasn’t going to tarnish his reputation unless he could could make the ‘big’ signings required to guarantee staying up. Worked well at Sainties Clum. 

If we're looking for experience I'd far rather we got the likes of Richard Tait who has just been released from St Mirren as backup than the likes of Kerr. I'll let that one go now though.

Moving forward, surely one of the first announcements to be made is Sheridan being released. With it being 1st June tomorrow and contracts officially expiring can see an announcement tomorrow. I hope so anyway.

Thank you.

It's bizarre that despite Dundee not being a vintage title winning side I'd take such a large amount of your released players. 

McMullan, Jak and to a lesser extent Fisher would all be appreciated, thank you and god speed.