All things Dundee FC

Fucking great signing in my opinion. We’ve really struggled with goalies over the last 3 seasons. We can argue about Ledzgins as to whether he’s utter dog shite, just bad or merely average but nobody could describe him as good. 
As for Norwich, if they’re that upset they can have the lad back but I have liked what I’ve seen of young McCracken so far. 

46 minutes ago, McG said:

I rated Carson higher than Hladky and Alnwick, a keeper like that is difference between being comfortable or fighting relegation.

Expect him to play a blinder against us on the 12th.

He’s nowhere near the keeper Hladky is. He’s also a fucking helmet with a bad attitude.

On 31/07/2023 at 23:19, RossBFaeDundee said:

Station Park in Forfar.

Do you head along to the u20s games? Think I’m gonna head through tonight as none of the Midlands League games are appealing to me, just wondering if they bother putting pies or anything on at Station Park? I know they did when the games were at Links Park. 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Maybe there is also a degree of getting carried away with how good McCracken is given he's a young lad with limited experience.  I wouldn't be overly confident if it was just McCracken and Legzdin battling for No 1 jersey, or should I say less confident than I am now (assuming  this deal gets over the line).

This is exactly the case and I think McCracken always knew he was here to fight for the jersey. 

In my opinion a good keeper is paramount to staying in the league and if Carson is available we get him at all cost.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Harrison Sharp rumoured to be coming to us on loan.

Any good? Sounds like you have a fair whack of goalies so mightn't have even seen him.

Harrison desperately needs this loan in my opinion. Good for everyone involved.

Decent shot stopper, a case most of the season for him to be starting ahead of Legzdins. I think he would do well for you and I am hoping he comes back a well rounded keeper getting regular game time. He particularly needs to work on his distribution/kicking. 

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Decent shot stopper, a case most of the season for him to be starting ahead of Legzdins. I think he would do well for you and I am hoping he comes back a well rounded keeper getting regular game time. He particularly needs to work on his distribution/kicking. 

Not sure he'll get a game ahead of Mehmet after they gave him a bumper contract in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not sure he'll get a game ahead of Mehmet after they gave him a bumper contract in the summer.

Maybe, could be a similar situation as us with Legzdins. I'd like to think we would be sending him out with some guarantees of game time at least.

9 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye Mehmet will be number 1 and I think he'll do well, has started the season well. But we get the feeling McPake isn't sold on Max Little who he signed last season and we may be trying to loan him out.

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Harrison Sharp rumoured to be coming to us on loan.

Any good? Sounds like you have a fair whack of goalies so mightn't have even seen him.

He's had brief spells as our first choice, he ended up being Mark McGhee's choice and continued under Bowyer until the first set of league fixtures were over. He's got the ability to be a good keeper and has shown that but is definitely still raw, a loan was really needed.

Dunno if Dunfermline would've been my first pick with a supposedly anchored first choice in Mehmet, but hopefully he'll get the chance he deserves if he ends up with you.

3 hours ago, DensParkNumber1 said:

When a better keeper is available for a steal I don't see why we don't take it 

McCracken has looked OK but seems to suffer from same issues of being routed to goal line

A 6 figure sum is hardly a steal. We'd have paid him off in 2 weeks had he not found a club. 

Similar to the Gallagher to United deal though, works out well for everyone. He's still a good goalkeeper and has a lot to offer at this level, we get money and a high earner off the wage bill for a player that was never going to kick a ball for us again. 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A 6 figure sum is hardly a steal. We'd have paid him off in 2 weeks had he not found a club. 

Similar to the Gallagher to United deal though, works out well for everyone. He's still a good goalkeeper and has a lot to offer at this level, we get money and a high earner off the wage bill for a player that was never going to kick a ball for us again. 

Similar to the Gallagher to United deal being announced as a 6 figure fee, there's nothing to suggest that Burns is accurate in his reporting these days.

Win win for everyone?

St Mirren get an unhappy player away. Dundee get a proven top flight performer. Carson gets to play against Rangers at Ibrox again.