All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

You would hope so but McInnes has just managed his 700th game and we’ve chucked away 3 points at least in the last minute of games and blew a cup quarter final in the same way.

Nobody on here is interested in 'Killie' or your 'bearded wonder' of a manager.

Thank you.

I think we need to finish games off quicker, like today. At 2-1 up, we were firmly in control passing the ball around well, with Motherwell not getting a sniff, but we very rarely went for the jugular, like we did against St Mirren. Keep pushing harder for that 2 goal gap, then spray the ball about comfortably.

Saying that, I would absolutely bite your hand off, if this position on this date was offered at the start of the season.

Disappointing today but still a decent result.  Easy to get a bit down about it, but how nice to be thinking that some better luck and concentration this season would have us sitting 3rd, rather than having us up to the dizzy heights of 10th.

For some perspective, another win will see us equal our points tally from 18/19.

15 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think we need to finish games off quicker, like today. At 2-1 up, we were firmly in control passing the ball around well, with Motherwell not getting a sniff, but we very rarely went for the jugular, like we did against St Mirren. Keep pushing harder for that 2 goal gap, then spray the ball about comfortably.

Saying that, I would absolutely bite your hand off, if this position on this date was offered at the start of the season.

I think the problem is the setup we start games with isn't great at retaining the ball against teams overloading the midfield and pressuring. There have been a few times like yesterday where we've had a lead, the opposition is pressing, and we barely have the ball for 5-10 minutes at a time. I think Doc has to make earlier substitutions to change it up when we're ahead, and for me that means taking off one of the front two in favour of an extra body in the centre of the pitch. Our midfeld is lightweight and lacks dig as it is, and it's even more exposed when the opponent starts flooding forward. I don't care if it means we have less threat on the break. If we'd been capable of just farting about with it a bit more efficiently we wouldn't have blown a lead twice yesterday and dropped two points. Same thing happened in Perth. We got totally overrun and ended up playing the entire game camped along the edge of our box because we can't compete for the ball and stop the attacks further up the pitch, then when we win it back, there's no outlet apart from hammering it into a channel. 

We keep the ball enough to be effective when it's an even game and the opposition is still being cagey, but we really struggle as soon as they start pressing the game.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Slithered his way into another part time gig.

Hopefully they go down with the Morten.

Thank you.

I really like Arbroath, have family in Arbroath and used to go see them a lot in 60s when Dundee were away , but now like you I hope they go down with Morton now 

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Who do rely on now to keep you up to date on in-depth financial matters and details of the wage structure inside Dens Park?

It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make, same with the pie charts, graphs and statistics.

I really dislike the Perth FC now, (couldn't give a monkeys about them before) and it's mainly due to that chunt.

Thank you.