All things Dundee FC

The academy now have a partnership with FirstPoint USA which means if a player gets released they have the option to go to the USA for a scholarship. This is a really good option to have and shows the club looking after their players.

I wish the academy recruited elsewhere like other teams. Dundee United scout youth players from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Lanarkshire which works for them. We have a good season and young players would be attracted to joining us.

4 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

The academy now have a partnership with FirstPoint USA which means if a player gets released they have the option to go to the USA for a scholarship. This is a really good option to have and shows the club looking after their players.

I wish the academy recruited elsewhere like other teams. Dundee United scout youth players from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Lanarkshire which works for them. We have a good season and young players would be attracted to joining us.

Something popped up on the friends of Dundee facebook page there with Robert Gordon school in Aberdeen congratulating one of their S5 pupils for signing a professional contract with us. 

We may not have deep roots in areas outside of Dundee but it seems like we are growing them.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Finally, something interesting.

Apparently we'll be getting another Mexican player (of Lebanese descent, and a Lebanon international) from Atlante, Portales' former club (as well as both coming through at Monterrey together), who've went one better this season and won the Liga MX Expansion. His name is Daniel Lajud.

image.png.1d63d6b1f239a91cc458d40620a662b6.png

Portales has returned to Mexico during the end of season break, and recently reunited with his friend Lajud at a game, an occasion which was apparently newsworthy to some local Tampico newspaper (Portales' hometown). Lajud has recently been sharing Portales' posts and goals on his Twitter account too.

https://www.elsoldetampico.com.mx/deportes/antonio-portales-y-daniel-lajud-estuvieron-en-el-estadio-tamaulipas-11975401.html

A couple days later, Mexican journalist Humberto Torres reported that Lajud would be leaving Atlante and heading to Europe.

https://x.com/HumbertoTorresV/status/1795298157670396070

Yesterday Atlante officially announced that Lajud was leaving the club, and plenty of affection has been thrown his way for his successful and professional stint at the club. First tweet is from Atlante's official account, 2nd is from a regular source regarding the Liga MX Expansion.

image.png.5c7133061cf31cce4cb87a88ad5ff2ba.png

image.png.84844c874bd19b56926f63264020eb4d.png

A few hours later (about 2 hours before my post here was made), this tweet below from that same regular source claims that Emilio Escalante, President of Atlante FC, has confirmed Lajud will be heading here to join Portales, Pineda and the rest of the team. I can't find any article specifically quoting Escalante saying this and I unfortunately do not speak Spanish so I have no idea if any of the video clips of Escalante on Facebook discuss this, but I reckon this is true as there's little reason for it not to be.

image.png.547e912707144b199a80ce4e94aede2b.png

image.png.fae797f8805ad6d901beed6091bad13b.png

Lajud is an attacking midfielder who has notched a healthy career so far in Mexico, with 75 appearances and 21 goals for Atlante, including 8 goals in 36 games this season, and 13 goals the year before. He made appearances off the bench in both legs in the Champion of Champions finals which Atlante won on penalties. He has also made 7 appearances the Lebanon national team since first being called up in 2022, and was just called up for their AFC World Cup qualifiers a couple days ago.

Fcuk me, Can you change your username to Poirot, that’s some damn fine detective work!!

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Huge news guys. Disappointed at the fact no Forfar fans came in here to tell us first.

Screenshot_20240530-165555_Chrome.jpg

Did a fine job cutting my hair in Benjamin Barkers an a'.

19 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Saw this mock up on twitter, would love to see us in an adidas kit.adidas.thumb.jpg.ae1e76d33324974a4dbe8a34abe15df1.jpg

Thank you.

I'd drop the horns (Celtic have them on their new kit) and then it'd be near perfect.

Guess we can rule out Baka returning:

'League One sides Charlton Athletic and Stockport County as well as League Two teams Tranmere Rovers and Salford City are gearing up to bid for the striker.'

On 30/05/2024 at 11:45, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Saw this mock up on twitter, would love to see us in an adidas kit.adidas.thumb.jpg.ae1e76d33324974a4dbe8a34abe15df1.jpg

Thank you.

I absolutely love that. I love that Adidas logo its so much better than the one they put on football kits currently. 

37 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I absolutely love that. I love that Adidas logo its so much better than the one they put on football kits currently. 

He did one with the new adidas logo, you're right the older one looks better. Wish I had the software/knowledge to do it, would design a good one.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Must be a fair chance of a signing today? Last weekend of early bird?

Can't sign anyone until Burnley get a new manager, then they'll let you know.

Posted (edited)

Seen the thought that there'll be a signing today. A really odd theory that'll leave people disappointed imo, I never assume a signing is going to happen on a Saturday.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't sign anyone until Burnley get a new manager, then they'll let you know.

😂😂😂 - I almost pissed myself laughing. 

58 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Seen the thought that there'll be a signing today. A really odd theory that'll leave people disappointed imo, I never assume a signing is going to happen on a Saturday.

If I was gaffer, and I had a signing tee-ed up, I’d announce it today, to try to get some ‘on the fencers’, like me, to commit. 
Of course I will buy one, possibly tomorrow, but I like a little romancing.